Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing Chapter 7 - Now We Wait

Hello,

Been a little while since I've been on this forum, thank you to all who responded and helped me out with my questions.

My wife and I officially filed last week! Our attorney turned in the paperwork and now waiting for a letter from the courts to determine our 341 meeting.

Been a long road it feels like up to this point, decided we needed to file in August and for a variety of reasons had to wait.

Curious if anyone has any advice for how to approach what's next? Spending during this period before the 341, advice or tips as the meeting approaches?

Nervous obviously as now it is all happening but feel it is our best option for a better life moving forward.

I know the feeling! It felt like "butterflies" in my stomach the day that I filed. I was so nervous and anxious.

Originally posted by saint782 View Post
    Curious if anyone has any advice for how to approach what's next?
    Spend as you would normally on food, shelter, clothing, transportation and other necessities. Do not do anything extravagant.

Originally posted by saint782 View Post
    Spending during this period before the 341, advice or tips as the meeting approaches?
    Live. Most people will just do what they normally would have done before filing with the exception of making payments on credit accounts. Just refrain from selling or acquiring any new property.

After the 341 Meeting you can relax even further, but it is still recommended to not attempt to obtain any credit or to acquire any new property. After the discharge, the new life begins with the fresh start.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Hi...I can’t add anything..but just wanted to say congratulations for taking this important step!! I hope it goes smoothly for you!!
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X