X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xDerp
    started a topic First PACER update since having my 341

First PACER update since having my 341

It's been about a month since my 341 and I've received my first pacer update. I took out any identifying information but left the underlying message:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Meeting of Creditors Held. Assets Abandoned. Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sounds like good news to me. Does the trustee normally request to be relieved of further duties?

• Nodebtrenton
    replied
    You could get in touch with the creditor to arrange the surrender. They would likely appreciate that as opposed to playing the oh so fun game of cat and mouse.

Leave a comment:

• xDerp
    replied
    Originally posted by BobMango View Post
    Technically yes, they should petition to get the stay lifted if you are not yet discharged, but if you are voluntarily surrendering it and the trustee has abandoned the estate then it's not really a problem.
    I just don't want it to disappear on it's own. I'd much rather drop it off on my schedule or at least know ahead of time when it's going to disappear so I can make sure there's nothing left in it and so I'm not caught off guard.

Leave a comment:

• BobMango
    replied
    Technically yes, they should petition to get the stay lifted if you are not yet discharged, but if you are voluntarily surrendering it and the trustee has abandoned the estate then it's not really a problem.

Leave a comment:

• xDerp
    replied
    Would my auto lender still be required to file for a relief of stay to repossess the car? I don't intent to keep the car and I have called them to setup a time to return it, but they seem uninterested in getting it back so I've been driving it while I save for another car. It's a fairly new car and in great condition so I'm surprised they're not eager to get it back. I've even offered to drop it off for them.

Leave a comment:

• Nodebtrenton
    replied
    Usually it’s not much of a surprise. If something was an issue it would have come up at the 341 hearing itself.

Leave a comment:

• Taipans
    replied
    Congrats! I held my breath on that part.

Leave a comment:

• BobMango
    replied
    That is standard language. Looks like you are in good shape.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X