Case closing soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case closing soon

We filed in January, had 1st 341 in Feb, then it got continued FIVE times! That was becoming more and more anxiety-producing!

Discharge came through in April.

Last week PACER updated to show report of no distribution. From everything I can see, it looks like this means our Ch7 will close very soon. Thank goodness!

About 2 months after the discharge I applied for a Mission Lane Visa credit card based on either Experian or Credit Karma (I don't remember which) recommendation. I was approved immediately online with a credit limit of $1000. I've been using the card for buying gas and then immediately making a payment equal to what I just spent. I now keep getting notifications that my credit scores are rising.

Experian says my FICO8 score is 608. Credit Karma says my TransUnion and Equifax scores are both 721. I doubt they are this high but that's what the app says.

I think I may apply for a second card but I'm not in a rush. I have 100% learned my lesson about using credit!

My primary criterion for applying for a credit card is no annual fee.

The reason we sought BK is because my husband lost his job and was out of work for over 9 months. He's working now in a new job, fully remote work-from-home, getting paid more than before, and doing the kind of work he likes and is good at.

We have put together an emergency cash fund of $3000. Our cars are old-ish but paid for and in decent condition. We are healthy and have reasonably good health insurance. It's wonderful to feel financial peace.

Next step is to build back up our retirement savings so I can live out my old lady dreams when the time comes!

Thank you so much to everyone here who answered my questions and helped calm me down during my freakouts.

Heck yeah congratulations!!!

Comment

Congrats!!

All the credit card offers I have gotten have no annual fee, but have super high interest. I am not using the card much/not carrying a balance. Hopefully down the road I can get one with lower interest, but I still plan not to carry balances or if I do it won't be a lot and won't be frequent.
      I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Take a look at PenFed, they gave me an interest rate of 17.99%, even with my Chapter 13 still on my record.

The above said, I honestly don't care about interest rate as I have zero intention of paying any interest on my credit cards.
        Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X