Not to sound gross (warning)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to sound gross (warning)

OK....not to be gross or anything but I am trying to find a way to "value" the couch I have. First off it isn't really mine. It's my moms that she is lending me till i am back on my feet but i am afraid if i say i dont have a couch, they will get suspicious and try to come to my house to see what i have. anyways....the couch is approx 7-8 years old and has had food/drinks spilled on it, its been puked on from too many drinking parties, its scratched up and its had it's fair share of pees and poos from various animals. i don't necessarily want to put that on my paperwork since it is public so what do i do so that they do not think i have a 5k leather couch??? (i am so ashamed) lol.

Garage sales prices = $20

Your Mom actually wants it back???
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

i'll give you $25 and a bottle of Tequila. Where can I pick it up ??
      Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

OMG HAHAHAHAHAH!! OMFG alba. OMG i cant stop laughing. hahahah i so needed that. HAHAHAHAHAHAH. OMG seriously!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

OMG i showed my bf what you wrote and he started choking on his salad!!!!!!!!

Comment

Put it on the curb and 'Hub and I will roll by and pick it up......
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by Beeheery View Post
              OMG HAHAHAHAHAH!! OMFG alba. OMG i cant stop laughing. hahahah i so needed that. HAHAHAHAHAHAH. OMG seriously!!!!!!!!!!
              yeah I know, I coulden't resist. sometimes a little humor helps all the heartache
              Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

When I was dealing with my mother on a daily basis as an Alzheimer's patient, I learned to make it a point to find something each day that I could laugh about. Even if I could only escape to the local greeting card store to peruse the gag cards now and again, it was well worth it.

You have gotta have that laugh a day. My best~~~~
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I'll only charge $50.00 to haul it off. - jb
                  jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
                  Filed - 2/27/09
                  341 - 4/3/09
                  Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Don't worry over the couch. The last thing your trustee cares about is if you have a full complement of furniture. All they care about is whether you have a valuable asset you can 't protect with your state exemptions that's worth selling to pay your creditors.

Given your description of the couch, I'm 100% certain that it's safe from seizure by the courts
                    I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                    06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                    07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                    10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                    01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                    09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                    06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                    08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                    Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

LOL. Thanks to everyone for your funny responses. It really was the first time I laughed today. I feel alot better now. I am still laughing. So thank you guys a million!

Comment

Oh...and i forgot to add. About 6 months ago our two kitties had a MAJOR case of fleas and we poured baking soda and borax all over the couch and wrapped it in saran wrap and let it sit for 7 days. hahaha. yeah...i don't think they would want my couch. maybe after i file i should consider investing in a new one....;)

Comment

Originally posted by Beeheery View Post
                          Oh...and i forgot to add. About 6 months ago our two kitties had a MAJOR case of fleas and we poured baking soda and borax all over the couch and wrapped it in saran wrap and let it sit for 7 days. hahaha. yeah...i don't think they would want my couch. maybe after i file i should consider investing in a new one....;)
                          Now that I've thought about it... let them have it.

(You deserve a new couch after all that!)
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It seems to me the couch as two values. To the trustee and the rest of the world it is worth $0.00. To you, with the memories it holds the darn thing is priceless!
                            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

OMG you guys are are funny!!!! Seriously, have you ever thought about taking your show on the road??? I am going to have to spend my last $7.00 on some depends if you guys keep this craziness up! LOLOLOLOL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X