No announcement yet.

Best Buy wants me to re-affirm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, if we bought matresses from Sears two years ago, and used a Sears card with the special financing, can I expect to possibly hear from Sears on this? We made small payments on the account every month, just missed our last payment with them and saw the 900.00 interest charge added to the account as a result of that. Just curious what are the chances of Sears wanting to take two year old used matresses?

Comment

We BK'd sears and they never came after us. Your purchase was 2 years ago. I wouldn't worry about it.

Comment

It's also a mattress. They have very little resale value. Why would they bother sending a truck to your house?
        Stopped paying the CCs: January 2010
        Filed for Bankruptcy (Ch. 7): April 29, 2010
        341 Hearing (Successful): June 4, 2010
        Discharge: August 4, 2010...

Comment

That's kind of what I thought, not sure how much value a two year old mattress would have.

Comment

Value = zero
            Who is going to want a used mattress?
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

I included them in my BK last year and they never approached me to reaffirm and they never showed up at my 341 meeting. I had financed 2 computers and a digital camera and still have them all. In fact, no creditors showed up at my 341 meeting to object for me or any of the many other people there along with me that filed.

Comment

Sears, back when they ran their own credit operations back in the 90's, got in big trouble with the bankruptcy courts over this kind of stuff (PMSI-we're gonna take your bed/TV/fridge tactics).

Apparently nobody has gotten around to giving Best Buy their beat down yet (and isn't the Best Buy card an HSBC product?).
                filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Pretty incredible string here, someone worried about good TV screen. I still use a 20" Sony acquired in 1990.

Comment

Originally posted by pookieny View Post
                    I included them in my BK last year and they never approached me to reaffirm and they never showed up at my 341 meeting. I had financed 2 computers and a digital camera and still have them all. In fact, no creditors showed up at my 341 meeting to object for me or any of the many other people there along with me that filed.
                    We have computers financed through them as well. We bought them roughly 6 months ago. How long before you filed did you buy yours? TIA
                    Retained lawyer 5/18/10
                    Stopped paying CC 5/21/10
                    Looking to File Ch7 in July, once we pay the Atty

Comment

Originally posted by sophia View Post

Lawyer has informed me they want me to re-affirm, make lump payment or surrender. We used a "hypothetical" lump sum of $600 in their online system to get an idea of what they were looking for and it was turned down.
                      I would call Best Buy's bluff and ask them to let you know when they plan on coming to pick up the stuff.

Comment

I also had BB and they never contacted me. Do not pay them anything, and they cannot repossess things that are no longer in your possession. They would need a search warrant to access your home. They are using scare tactics because it works for some and the rest they write off.

Comment

Is this lawyer working for you or BB?

Comment

They contacted me through their attorneys Bass and Assoc. My attorney told me to ignore them, I did and haven't heard from them at all. They blanket with letters hoping that some impressionable person will actually re-affirm.

Comment

Hello, since I posted this thread last year my BK has been dismissed and closed.

We never reaffirmed with BB and they have not ever contacted us again nor have they ever contacted our lawyer.

I Just wanted to update the thread since it has been resurrected recently.

Comment

Originally posted by CanBreathe View Post
                                They contacted me through their attorneys Bass and Assoc. My attorney told me to ignore them, I did and haven't heard from them at all. They blanket with letters hoping that some impressionable person will actually re-affirm.
                                If you ignore them, then what if they file objection?
                                Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X