Am I the only one with horrible anxiety? r/o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one with horrible anxiety? r/o

I'm still in limbo waiting to see if the trustee is going to let us go through as a 7 or not. I know we can't afford a 13 and we can't afford to pay our debts off either.

What's worse is I have 2 kids at home. My youngest is 2 and is just a handful b/c of her age. My oldest is 8 and has a bad case of ADHD. So my hands are full with both of them and then on Valentine's day this year my aunt who I was very close to was shot and killed along with her daughter/my cousin. I'm still dealing with horrible anxiety from that and now that the UST has stepped into my case my anxiety is triple. I'm anxious and jittery all the time and I'm not sleeping at night.

Today I'm supposed to find out what went on in the meeting between my lawyer and the UST last week and now I'm so freaked out I can't even focus on anything. I can't get anything done and I feel miserable

I've seen my doctor for all of this who suggested I take Xanax twice a day just for a little while but I'm scared to take it b/c I'm the only here to tend to the kids.

Noone in our family knows that we have filed BK. Not even our closest friends know. So I really have noone to vent to.

I know I can't be the only one with anxiety here. How does everyone deal with it?
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

(((hugs)))
    filed chapter 7 BK 4/27/09
    341 meeting 6/4/09
    DISCHARGED!!! 8/5/09

Comment

{{{HUGS}}} to you. I've had many sleepless nights since all this began so I feel for you.
      Can you try maybe a half of a Xanax at a time until you figure out how you're going to react to it? Couldn't hurt to try it, anyways.

Fingers crossed that all goes well between your attorney & the UST.
      07/10/09 Filed Chapter 7
      08/10/09 341
      10/16/09 Discharged
      02/01/10 Closed

Comment

Hang in there and try to relax a little. You won't do anyone any good if you make yourself sick. Things will work out, you'll see. Don't worry about anything until you actually know what is going on. There is usually an avenue your attorney can take if the worst happens and converts you to a 13. Either way you have two children that need you to keep it together.

Comment

broken is right...things will work out. We have had crazy anxiety as well over this whole thing and about our future, but what it comes down to is living in the moment, as trite as it sounds. While we are waiting for things to get better and for our "new future" to start (when DH gets a new job), our life is still happening...our best days are when we say, "okay, we've done everything we can, now let's enjoy today." It's really hard to do, but worth it.

Good luck, and know that things WILL get better!
          Filed Chapter 7: 3/12/09
          341 Meeting: 4/14/09 case declared "asset"
          Trustee ordered discharge/change to "no asset" 4/24/09
          Discharged 6/25/09; Closed 6/30/09

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
            I'm still in limbo waiting to see if the trustee is going to let us go through as a 7 or not. I know we can't afford a 13 and we can't afford to pay our debts off either.

What's worse is I have 2 kids at home. My youngest is 2 and is just a handful b/c of her age. My oldest is 8 and has a bad case of ADHD. So my hands are full with both of them and then on Valentine's day this year my aunt who I was very close to was shot and killed along with her daughter/my cousin. I'm still dealing with horrible anxiety from that and now that the UST has stepped into my case my anxiety is triple. I'm anxious and jittery all the time and I'm not sleeping at night.

Today I'm supposed to find out what went on in the meeting between my lawyer and the UST last week and now I'm so freaked out I can't even focus on anything. I can't get anything done and I feel miserable

I've seen my doctor for all of this who suggested I take Xanax twice a day just for a little while but I'm scared to take it b/c I'm the only here to tend to the kids.

Noone in our family knows that we have filed BK. Not even our closest friends know. So I really have noone to vent to.

I know I can't be the only one with anxiety here. How does everyone deal with it?

O Sweetie:

I wish you would have given a Xanax a change. When Dh found out in 1/07 he would need 5-7 bypass surgery, we both were given the smallest dosage of Xanax once a day. Xanax really helped DH and he wasn't 'spaced out'. Now me, I never knew I'd taken Xanax. Could be with my health brings many prescriptions & my pain pills were overriding any effect of the Xanax. Our rx was for 14 pills only.

Our bk journey began last Sept. & will be filing in 9/09. I feel confident our case will be a breeze. However, I have mentally prepared if questions/answers go further than that.

When I feel stress/anxiety approaching, I'm able to repeat over and over
            Filing bankruptcy is a financial decision and emotions are best left out of this decision.

((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))

Luci

Comment

I have had anxiety for the last few months as well. I kept having episodes of chest pain that went away. Then one day it didn't go away, I thought I was having a heart attack so I went to urgent care who sent me to the hospital. They ran tests and my heart is fine so they told me it was an anxiety attack which can have similiar symptoms. My doctor gave me xanax and it does not impair me mentally. It does not make you tired or incapacitated. It just removes the affects of stress on you. I have a 15 mo old and 1 mo old and I take care of them all the time with no problems. I am thankful for the xanax because it allows me to not feel like I am dying and it relieves the feeling of impending doom I have had for a long time now. I was never a fan of using drugs to try to cure issues like this. I am not trying to cure myself with this drug though. I need something to handle the symptoms while I deal with the issues in my life that are causing me to feel this way. Once my BK is over and done with I will feel much better I am sure and I may be ready to go off of the meds then.

Comment

Thanks everyone! It's just been a horrible year here. I have good days and bad days but ever since the UST got involved I have mostly bad days.

I saw my doctor in February and he said what I'm feeling is normal and it will take time to work through. I'm just starting to feel not only anxious but really discouraged.
                4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

I'm so sorry! Sending you hugs and prayers. I'm also sorry for the loss of your Aunt and couson.

I have horrible anxiety and have since DH and I lost jobs last year and we had to move out of state for DH to work. We lost our house, still facing enormous debt, not sure if we can file Ch 7 either as we just make over the median. I currently cannot work due to anxiety and depression - I have been on meds for a year now. I am a wreck -I have an 8 year old with special needs and two rambunctious(sp?) 4 year olds.

I hope things get better for you.

Comment

aces try a yoga dvd. You can probably even check out a few titles from your local library to free. Yoga can help you find some inner peace without the drugs. (Not preaching for those using Xanax because what works for you is the right thing to do.) Since you are worried about being home alone with the kids try the yoga practice. They even have yoga programs you can do specifically with your little ones. Any of the yogas will help you relax and relieve stress. It's whichever one appeals to you or what the library has available. Good luck and I hope things gets better.
                    Ch 7 filed: 3/30
                    341: 5/12
                    Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

My stress shows up in my muscles. In particular my left arm has one muscle in my upper arm and one in my lower arm that spasm as soon as the stress starts to increase. Incredibly painful. (and yes, saw Dr to confirm it wasn't anything more serious). When money issues come up, it is very painful to type (which is a bugger since I'm a computer programmer). I'm currently just taking Advil to deal with the muscle inflamation (according to the Dr), but thinking it might be worth another trip to the Dr..... (hmmmm.... Xanax.....)
                      341 September 2, 2009 (5 minutes)
                      Last day to object: November 2, 2009
                      Discharged: November 3, 2009
                      Closed: December 2, 2009! I'm done!!!!

Comment

I take 2 xanax a day, .25mgs. I stay home w/ our littlest one she is 2, it doesn't hamper me in anyway. In fact, for me it has been a lifesaver.

Yoga is very good I hear, I myself prefer the chiropracter. By keeping my bones in line, it also keeps my migraines at bay so it is totally worth it.

Don't get discouraged, it will all work out. My hub thinks I am certifiable, but I am so excited that we finally filed, we have a court date, and the end is in sight. Even if the UST got involved, there is still a light at the end of the tunnel kwim?

Hang in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Notes4fr View Post
                          My stress shows up in my muscles. In particular my left arm has one muscle in my upper arm and one in my lower arm that spasm as soon as the stress starts to increase. Incredibly painful. (and yes, saw Dr to confirm it wasn't anything more serious). When money issues come up, it is very painful to type (which is a bugger since I'm a computer programmer). I'm currently just taking Advil to deal with the muscle inflamation (according to the Dr), but thinking it might be worth another trip to the Dr..... (hmmmm.... Xanax.....)

Yes, worth another trip to the Dr. This ole lady here is a walking medical patient along with Dh.

Advil is a NSAID.... just like Vioxx & Bextra, both are no longer on the market. I began on Vioxx & was switched to Bextra. Then Bextra was pulled. For muscle spasms, I use Flexeril 3 x a day. On the other hand/foot LOL!, hubby can take one Flexeril and is looped for 2 days.

OTC (Over the counter) meds can/will have just as many serious side effects as a Prescription drug. Hubby's doctor said No to Advil as he only has one kidney. My doctor told me No also; however, it's been so long ago I cannot recall his reason.

Yoga.....would love to do. I'm 100% disabled. I have permanent nerve damage in my left leg/foot & toes will not move. A Massage will do more good than Spinal Injection or Burning of my nerve roots.

Seeing we are on the forum do to lack of money (well most of us), at this time, I'm unable to justify a Massage and maxed out on Physical Therapy Visits for the year in Feb.

Luci

Comment

I've been on xanax for 16 years.
                            If I stop taking it I will literally end up in the hospital and possibly die from the withdrawls. No one told me this when I started out at .25 mg.

I now take 10 mg per 24 hours (yes I wake up with withdrawls and need to take it 24/7)
                            So my options are: 1. extensive (and expensive/embarrasing) drug rehab, or 2. Ween off over about 4 years.

So would you rather have the above, or what you have now?
                            DO NOT TAKE XANAX.

A few more things to those already on it, take your dose that doesn't make you feel tired or anything, then eat a snickers bar or something with about 25+ grams of sugar (can of soda) then tell me what your dosage feels like.

And also tell me how long that tiny .25 mg doseage lasts before you're up to .5
                            .25 isn't ***t and your body is going to get used to it so fast you'll be in a drug induced downward spiral before you know it.

BUT HEY YOU'LL BE OUT OF DEBT RIGHT! WHATEVER.

Comment

Oh yea, the weening off process is worse than what you're going through without it

Taking it destroys your sex drive, kills memory, etc, etc, etc. It's great at first though. But at one point your safety net is going to fail and your going to be in the worst place when it does.
                              What I mean buy that is you took your .25 like always but your body says it's learned to fight it off so you feel anxious even though you took your dose. What the answer? Up the dose, then bam your good, this stuff is great. But then it tapers off and your .5 does nothing, next step is 1mg.

And all the while you feel like it has no bad effects on you, but people notice it trust me.

Anyone start taking it and can sleep better at night? Thats a side effect in case you don't know. Sure it is prescribed for sleep disorders (or was)

Xanax is like the credit card of prescription drugs.

Here, watch this video of one of the neighbors who liked to take xanax for fun. She went from wide awake to this, to drooling, to out, I later found out it was from taking a 2mg dose. I have it all on video (just not uploaded) How did this start? Stress, a prescription, the thought of "oh wow this stuff is great" Want this to be you? Oh you can handle it though right, maybe, maybe not. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgTXgC1VQ4o
                              Last edited by tinfoilhat; 06-22-2009, 12:41 PM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X