No announcement yet.

! Welcome to the 60 Day Club !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering....what are the times for objections creditor wise??? I know that the trustee can pop up his ugly head in on day 59. ...but wasn't there some other time lines to wait for duing the 60 days? Something about creditors?

We are at day 44 hee hee..only 16 more days to go!!

pink-amulet

Hey will I be kicked out of the BBQ??

Comment

they both have the full 60 days to object to the credit being dishcarge.

creditors usually call your attorney sometime after the 341 meeting and then if need be they file a motion before the 60th day.

the trustee is the one that looks for extra things to take from you. its the US Trustee that usually denies your discharge if they find that you have ability to pay creditors uner a chap 13. this is usually done of the last day.

what you may be thinking about is the 30 days after the 341 meeting that anyone has to object to your expenese. this is a law that most do not know about.

the problem is that the US Trustee complains on the 59th day about your ability to pay which has to do with your expeneses so what that is all about and how they can do that i dont have a clue. its all BS imo anyways.

they could shut this all down in under 30 days and be done with it. no reason to wait so long. escpecially in todays electronic society. its old laws pertaining to an outdated time period.
      Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
      [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
      [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
      [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

I thought the 30 day bit was for the trustee to object to exemptions, not expenses. I'm not sure though.
        Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

hehe! i think you maybe be correct for the first time!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
          [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
          [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
          [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

?????????????

Originally posted by bkfiler
            hehe! i think you maybe be correct for the first time!
            Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

Thanks you two....ok I thought there was something about 30 days after the 341.

thanks again

pink_amulet

Comment

I'm a little late joining since pacer says deadline for objections 12/23/2005. I quess its the 6 day club now. Had 341 on 10/24/2005. Trustee wanted appraisal for house and rescheduled for 11/21/2005. I got appraisal and trustee ruled no asset and made his entry on pacer 11/21/2005 and that still shows as last entry. Pacer shows 2 different dates for 341 (10/24 & 11/21) so i was worried that date for deadline for exemptions would be extended but it has not. I have concerns that U.S. trustee may object to my expenses as i have 2 adult children and 2 grandchildren living in my home so my expenses are based on 5 persons even though i am single. However after researching cases on pacer involving the judge assigned to my case dealing with trustee objections to expenses and adult children,i have found that this judge allowed such expenses,overruling the U.S. trustee and giving very good reasons why in all these decisions. If they come after me for that i have all the ammo to battle bookmarked on my computer. One thing i have learned is use the 60 days to research and be ready just in case. Lawyers only react after the fact and then want to charge more.

Comment

smallchange, good work! i agree with you 100%.

congrats on your joining the 60 Day Club! whoo-hooo-hooo!

the BBQ will be announced soon and your children and grand children are all welcome to come and join in the festivities!

Comment

60 dayer, too!

341 was on 12/13 - discharge Feb 13, 2006...if all goes well!

Comment

great to hear! welcome to the 60 Day club. time to sit and wait...

grab a seat and look over the list of jobs for our BBQ. we need some more cooks. can you cook anything?

Comment

LOW DOWN ON 341... 60 more days to go!!!

Well its all over said and done... now I just have to wait around for the next 60 days... I really don't see any problems from the trustee, I seemed to be the quickest meeting out of the ones that I saw go before me....

The creditors... we shall see in due time I suppose...

For those that want to know exactly how it went, and also for those who need encouragement as I needed on the few days prior to the 341 meeting...

I got there, and met with my attorney. He actually had two cases go at 11:30, myself and another woman. He told us that we could go listen to cases before ours, and he had to be in the other room for the 11:00 because he had some cases there too... So, we went in... my eyes were wide with what I saw go down... I was literally shaking, because the people before me had it REALLY rough... I will tell you some case scenarios that I watched...

#1 Lady had filed 2 chapter 13's (2001 and March 2005).. both were dismissed, and now she was back and filed October 14th Chapter 7. Apparently she listed hardly any income for the Chapter 7 filing, but for the Chapter 13's you have to prove income, and she did... So within 6 months of this year, she had plenty of income and now she had none... The trustee asked her if any income/expenses had changed this year, and she stated NO... BIG MISTAKE!!! He asked her A LOT of questions about this... and you could tell by his face, that he didnt believe her at all... of course her well manicured finger nails (looked like she just had them done) probably didn't bode well for her...

#2 Woman went up, and answered all of the trustees' questions, and then when asked if any creditors were present, there actually was one! (I got really nervous then)... He asked her questions about the condition and occupancy of a house she had listed as an asset that she was surrending to the court. Then the trustee asked for her car title... turns out her dad bought it outright in May of this year. They both originally were on the title and he took over the full title... trustee asked her A LOT of questions about this, and in her schedules it listed no transfers... so he was really grilling her too...

#3 Couple went up, and they answered all their questions without a hitch, looked like it would be ok, and then the trustee said he had a problem with their income/expenses... apparently they had 400 extra a month, and he calculated that at 50% payment of debt on a 3 year plan, they should be converted to a chapter 13 instead of 7... they also had to send him their entire tax return...

#4 They called a name, and his lawyer advised he wasn't there. They rescheduled the meeting, and asked if any creditors were in attendance... AGAIN ONE ACTUALLY WAS!!! (I was really panicked inside by now after seeing all this!!)

I saw a few more cases, and then it was my attorneys time... the other lady with him went first and then I was second...

I got up, they had me swear in, and I told them I would tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth...

They had me say my name, address, and telephone for the record...
                        The trustee asked to see my ID and Social Security Card
                        The trustee asked to see my car title...
                        The trustee asked to see my 2004 tax papers...
                        The trustee asked to see bank statement showing my balance as of filing date...
                        The trustee asked me if it was my signature in the schedules...
                        The trustee asked me if I have made any transfers in the last 4 years...
                        The trustee asked me if I was getting any inheritance/insurance payment in the next 180 days...
                        The trustee asked me if I had any rights to sue anyone...
                        The trustee asked me if anyone owed me any money...
                        The trustee asked if I had made $600/payment to any one creditor 90 days prior to filing...

Then the trustee said "that is all I have"...

Comment

well congrats on your 341 meeting! whoo hoo!

your 341 meeting suck eggs big time. none of them go that bad with so many. poor example of how 341 meetings work. too bad for you. you must have been scared sh**less! i would have been in shock!

Comment

Hey BKfiler....when is your 60 days up??

Also how do you search Pacer to see other's status, ones that filed around the same time we did? I tried a date search and it said I had to have a ss# or name, so I narrowed it down to location and date and it still wanted a ss# or name..heck I don't know anybody elses...LOL

pink_amulet

Comment

Also I just checked pacers account info for us, and I have been checking pacer almost 3-5 a week since sept/05...and my total bill is only $2.64....how do people run up these huge bills??

Under our account I used the ss# criteria to look up our case, and I am only charged per ss#..only 0.08, so I can view unlimited pages (of our case), but just being charged for 1 search under say my ss#.....next time I log on and search, I do under hubby's ss# and they charge us 1 fee....0.08 charge, even though I looked at all the pages of our case? go figure huh ..LOL
                              pink_amulet

Comment

well i assume you pacer is just like mine. although im am starting to wonder if they are all different.

your charges that you see might only be for the current day you logged in. everyone is charged 0.08 per page and if you are rummaging many cases then you are adding up the fees.

fees: go to utilities and select review billing history. make sure you make the dates for the entire year to see what you have been charged.

selected cases using dates: go to reports and then select cases, select whatever info you want to do (i have a feeling each court is different) but on mine you can select dates, open or terminated cases, bk 7, 13, etc, judges, trustees, etc.

but first you better go figure out your bill. if you still see the same things after pulling down many cases PDF files then i would be concerned that you are racking up big charges but not seeing it.

do you actually pull the PDF files so you can look at them? thats usually 0.08 up to 2.40 or something.

there is anohter way to look at you pacer bill and thats is at the pacer website. start with www.pacer.com and go from there.

let us know.

now, who the heck is that girl in your pic? is that you. if so can you ask your busband if we can date? remind him that good karma goes around and comes back 10 fold

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X