No announcement yet.

! Welcome to the 60 Day Club !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when does the date change for the final discharge? under what circumstances?

anybody know for sure?

staci, lets just say paying $250 to my attorney to amend my petition and try to get my pacer bill discharged will save me many hundreds of dollars if it goes through.
    Im not an attorney or a trustee. You cant trust me either though!

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
    [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
    [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
    [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

One little problem-I'm pretty sure you can only amend to add creditors that you owed before you filed. I think adding creditors may delay your discharge date, though it may only delay the discharge of that debt. (NOt sure.)

Regardless, lets face it... You're gonna have to pay that Pacer bill! Maybe you can start collecting aluminum cans or something?
      Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

do i look like i'm good at collecting cans?

i'm a pacer expert. maybe i should get a job doing pacer searches

[x] - Done with 341? Join the 60 Day Club! ___________[x] - Im Discharged! Whoo Hooo!
        [x] - Poll: Should I File Pro-Se ____________________[x] - New BK Law: Median Income, Means Testing and Presumptive Abuse
        [x] - Zombie Debt Collectors Dig Up Your Old Mistakes _-[x] - Bankruptcy Law Resource
        [x] - Need A Fast Answer? Available 24/7!--__________[x] - Dont Be A Hero On Your Budget - You Wont Get An Award!

Comment

But your expenses will exceed your income... Maybe you can subscribe to all those 'get paid for reading email' programs!

Originally posted by bkfiler
          do i look like i'm good at collecting cans?

i'm a pacer expert. maybe i should get a job doing pacer searches
          Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

I know! Create a Paypal 'donate' button and put in your signature w/ a message: Please help me pay my Pacer bill."

If all else fails, cut your grocery list down to ramen noodles & PB&J til the bill is paid off and find a 12 step program.

Comment

I added the IRS and State Gov as I owed some back taxes from 2004. The trustee said I could not use my payments to them as expenses if they weren't listed.

Comment

I broke and checked again. It still says on the top that the last filing was 11/30, but under history, the last thing is on 11/15, the final installment of my filing fee...I'm nervous...she said the meeting is closed, but is it not really? Don't mind me...just worrying out loud!
                Filed CH7 - 10/13/05;
                341 Meetings: 11/28/05, 3/20/06, 12/4/07 (3d time's a charm!)
                Converted: 2/15/06 (to CH13), 10/15/07 (Back to CH7)
                DISCHARGED: 2/15/08

Comment

nothing is ever for sure until after the discharge and you have papers in hand. and even that can change lol. but really doesnt so dont worry.

as for the last entry there must be somethings else posted since your date is later. go look under 'docket' maybe.

let us know

Comment

No Distribution Now, hopefully, there are no objections and we can go on our merry way!
                    Filed CH7 - 10/13/05;
                    341 Meetings: 11/28/05, 3/20/06, 12/4/07 (3d time's a charm!)
                    Converted: 2/15/06 (to CH13), 10/15/07 (Back to CH7)
                    DISCHARGED: 2/15/08

Comment

aaart, come on down! you are the next contestant on the 60 Day Club list!

whoo hooo!

Comment

Originally posted by bkfiler
                        aaart, come on down! you are the next contestant on the 60 Day Club list!

whoo hooo!
                        Thank you. According to Pacer, I AM an official member slated for discharge on 2/6/06!!!
                        I guess it's just a matter of how much of my $3200 check that will come the end of Dec. that the Trustee will get and whether I'll get any of it in 2006. I know that the Trustee won't get any. The contract was written quite differently than most. It clearly states that it is "not assignable" (that is our big hope), but it also states that it can be cancelled by either party w/ 30 days notice, no reason necessary. The owner of the company has already told me that if it is going to go to the Trustee that he will cancel the contract. As he says, This Trustee has never done anything for our business, why should I pay him anything? Note, I will not get anything either, but the owner's a really good guy. Whenever I'm in St. Louis, I'm sure I'll get taken out for a nice dinner (I already do, so of he's making an extra $13,000 - $14,000 a year, why should that change?)
                        Thanks for the welcome, good to be here and looking forward to "graduating" from this group. Art

Comment

Finally!!!!!

MADE IT!!!!

I thought today was going to be a nightmare, but thanks to all of you who have shared your experiences, it really helped set my mind at ease and I wasn't that nervous and/or scared.

My 341 was a breeze........even though the US Trustee was running 2-1/2 hours behind (had a 10:30 meeting......didn't get in until almost 1:00). But other than that, it was a snap.

Now, we just wait until discharge so we can get on with our lives.

Thanks again folks. You've all been a real lifesaver these past few months.
                          Bankruptcy History:
                          Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
                          Discharged - 02/16/2006
                          Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

congrats! whoo-hooo!

ok you are on the BBQ list - your job is to provide music for all of us...

also, do you know a good bouncer? we will be needing to keep a few 'already discharged' folks out of the mix

Comment

Hmmmmm..........good bouncer????? Well, if you mean one or two individuals that are 6foot-4inch, 250+ pounds? I may be able to arrange one or two. Although, the two friends of mine that fit that discription are gentle giants. Oh yeah, they are musicains as well.
                              Bankruptcy History:
                              Chapter 7 filed - 10/12/2005 - Asset
                              Discharged - 02/16/2006
                              Case Closed - 11/08/2007

A banker is a fellow who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it begins to rain ~ Mark Twain

All suggestions are based on personal experience and research and SHOULD NOT be construed as legal advice as I am NOT an attorney. Always consult with competent counsel in your area with regards to your particular situation.

Comment

Add me to the membership roll. I had my 3rd 341 date today, believe it or not. It lasted all of 30 seconds. We were the first to actually appear before the trustee. HE just stated for the record that he had advised us to look at our exemptions because as we had written them he was entitled to take our 05 tax refund and the money we had in the bank at the time of filing. He suggested that we consult an attorney. I thought otherwise. Because with the help of you guys, especially Staci, I got a better understanding of how the local wild card exemption was to be read. Anyway he closed our case and sent us on our merry way. AND BELIEVE ME. IT WAS VERY MERRY.

Now on pacer, my case shows 69 days in status and my original 341 date was 10/31. We were continued because some dumb*ss forgot to put our case in the system. They said that we would get credit for having filed on the original date and gave anew 341 date of 11/28.

We went and he continued us again because of the exemptions thing. Our original deadline for objections was 12/20. No creditors showed up to any of the 3 meetings. So do we get to keep our original date?

Congrats to all you guys too and thanks for helping a lowly pro se'er finally make it into the club.
                                "If the truth ceases to exist, then so shall we all."
                                DEEJ

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X