Well, my Ch7 has been...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my Ch7 has been...

...DISCHARGED!!! Wow, I what a journey this has been. I wanted to thank everyone here on the site for helping me out w/ questions/concerns and for providing the wonderful archives that I was able to search ALL THE TIME! I'll stick around and will continue to help people out. If it weren't for this site, there is NO WAY we could have planned our CH7 like we did. Heck, we wouldn't have even done it!

In the end, we didn't reaffirm anything (2 mortgages, 2 cars, 1 boat), discharged $95k+ of CC debt, $455k of under water mortgages, $60k of car loans, $15k boat loan and $6k of educational loan debt. We came in less than $1k UNDER the median income for our district. We were a no asset CH7.

We are going to attempt a ride-through with a small credit union ($19k car loan w/ 4-1/2 years to go) and with FORD CREDIT ($40k w/ 4-1/2 years go to). My intention was to reaffirm both but my attorney would not sign off on this as we were slightly negative on our schedule J. The local judge says we are fine as long as we continue to pay. I haven't paid my mortgages with Citi since January & expect to hear from them soon as we are in a non-judicial foreclosure state (VA). We rented a house from a friend a few weeks ago that will serve as our "just in case place". We aren't moving into it until this one is no longer ours! The boat, who knows.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

-AA
    Stopped paying CCs 1/10 | Stopped paying mortgages 2/10 | Interviewed attorneys 3/10-5/10 | Retained attorney 5/14/10 | Delivered paperwork to attorney 6/17/10 | Filed Ch7 7/9/10 | 341 8/16/10 | Objection Deadline 10/15/10 | DISCHARGED 10/20/10

Congrats!
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

CONGRATS!! and whoooopeeeeeee de doooooo to you!!

aa...make sure you stay in touch and share your experiences...it always helps others to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

best of luck to u an yours!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Although I'm new to the forum and learning, I do want to say Congratulations to you.

Comment

Originally posted by platter View Post
          Although I'm new to the forum and learning, I do want to say Congratulations to you.
          platter welcome and we were all new at one time or another here as well...i'm pretty new as well...but this forum is my home away from home... once again welcome!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congrats AA. You had me going on your thread title. . . tricky, tricky. That'll be me on 11/23.
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Congratulations on your new beginning. Thanks for sticking around to help those of us who are still going through the process.
              Filed Ch. 7 on 9/30/10---341 11/12/10---Report of No Distribution 11/16/10

Discharged 1/21/11 Closed 1/26/11

Comment

Congrats to you!

Out of curiosity did you have any UST involvement in your case?
                Retained Attorney June 25, 2010, Filed Chapter 7 Nov 3, 2010 (170k unsecured), 341 Dec 2, 2010 (1 minute of nothingness), Discharged Feb 1, 2011

Comment

Congrats AA!! Enjoy that fresh start and don't forget to keep helping others here when you can
                  Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
                  AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Congratulations. Take a nice, deep breath of that fresh start air!
                    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

wahhoooo!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

I am a newbie too, but sure hope to be able to someday help someone on here, like I have been helped.... and I am at the beginning! LOL
                      Filed PRO SE 10/12/10......341 held 11/8/10......awaiting discharge.....

Comment

Congrats AA

Comment

Congratulations! How did you discharge the education debt? Did you file a complaint and win the adversary proceeding (AP)?
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Fletch View Post
                            Congrats to you!

Out of curiosity did you have any UST involvement in your case?
                            None.
                            Stopped paying CCs 1/10 | Stopped paying mortgages 2/10 | Interviewed attorneys 3/10-5/10 | Retained attorney 5/14/10 | Delivered paperwork to attorney 6/17/10 | Filed Ch7 7/9/10 | 341 8/16/10 | Objection Deadline 10/15/10 | DISCHARGED 10/20/10

Comment

Congrats Almostamos! That's Great to here. Salute to your fresh start.

ST
                              Filed 7 - 7/8/10, 341 - 8/17/10 - Continued, Presumption of Abuse Filed - 8/27/10
                              Report of No Distribution 9/27/10. Discharged 2/7/11 Closed 02/25/1
                              10/12 EXP. 681

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X