top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

list debts in BK7 that are over 10yrs old?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

list debts in BK7 that are over 10yrs old?

I've been adviced to list em, because you never know what may pop up? can't help but wonder when their all long gone from my credit report, would that just cause some of them to show up on my credit report again now? any thoughts, experience, jokes, would be most appreciated. thanx

List them. Even if they do suddenly appear back on your report, you could have them removed if you wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by SunshineGal View Post
      List them. Even if they do suddenly appear back on your report, you could have them removed if you wanted to.
      thankyou too much for your reply SunshineGal. that makes good sense to me. choose to have the best holiday ever!!

Comment

Yes, list everything, everybody, anything. Period. Throw in the kitchen sink if you think it might want money as well.

Leave no stone unturned and no debt unlisted.........
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
          Yes, list everything, everybody, anything. Period. Throw in the kitchen sink if you think it might want money as well.

Leave no stone unturned and no debt unlisted.........
          thanks for dafrogger humor, thats what Iam doing, jus while doin it n I had all day to think about it, couldn't help wondering if the outdated ones would suddenly make my credit reports look like more of a mess than they presently are. choose to have a wonderful holiday!!

Comment

You should list any debt that you might possibly owe, regardless of how old it is. Zombie debts have a way of re-appearing when you least expect it, and there's no better way to kill them off for good than with a BK discharge.

Comment

You should even list the ones from 20 years ago and those past the statute of limitations. This way, those ankle biting Junk Debt Buyers (JDB) will not be able to claim that they never knew that you filed for bankruptcy (or the statute of limitations has passed). There is no telling what they would do! I had AMEX file two claims from over 20 years ago in my bankruptcy. One was for an account not mine, and the other was something that was closed with a $0 balance more than 22 years ago (a corporate card). So stupid, that I have had multiple corporate credit cards (personal liability) for years and years!

You just never know!
              Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
              Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by iamprose View Post
                I've been adviced to list em, because you never know what may pop up? can't help but wonder when their all long gone from my credit report, would that just cause some of them to show up on my credit report again now? any thoughts, experience, jokes, would be most appreciated. thanx
                List them, I did.

Comment

i so agree with the PP....we list everyone and their mother and their mother's mother.

we were asked by the trustee's office about our american express cards...what american express did was list our debt 6...that is SIX times on our credit report. they used our first name, then our middle name, then spouse alone, me alone. and so on and so forth. so we listed every one of them. when the trustee's office asked why i listed them all, i just explained that i wanted no stone unturned and with the way the debt was listed (AM X is really something because each account was off by ONE number!), so i was concerned if we had just listed one (which is all we owned), they, amx would come after us after the discharge claiming we never listed them.

we also listed the gas co, the electric co., the plumber the doctor, the lawyer...anyone that we might have inadvertently left out or may owe or incur any charges while we were in the midst of all this mess. one just never knows...and remember some debts are not listed on your credit report!

i hear you about the fact of the debt being over 10 years old, but better to be safe than sorry. these collectors try to go after 20 year debts or after people with NO debt at all!

best of luck to you!
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X