Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mountanddo
    replied
    I know it's hard not to be disapointed especially if you have been looking for a long time for permanant work but to go over each one of your credits cards? I just don't know what I would think about that. I can understand wanting an explanation but it just seems like this much scrutinity has to be somewhat discriminating. I'm not sure I'd want to work for a company that got that involved in my personal business. However, I guess if you really want the job and that is the way they do things there is not much you can do about it. If it is meant to be it will be.

Leave a comment:

• tobee43
    replied
    Originally posted by MELLISSAMM View Post
    It didn't go so well. All they did was discuss each of the credit cards on my credit report. They also said that they would have to let the CEO know about my bankruptcy since the position was in finance. The CEO will not be in until Monday. It felt like an invasion of privacy.
    i don't want to keep your hope up, but i still don't think it's over. why??? because why are they going to run it by the CEO, if they weren't still interested??? they would have said we can't consider you because of your financial background due to the nature of the postion that is open. period. it was their way out!! and, they didn't take it.

i'm still keeping my fingers and toes crossed you'll get it let's try and think GOOD thoughts and if this doesn't work out, it just wasn't meant to be, something even BETTER will come up!

Leave a comment:

• IamOld
    replied
    Wow Melissa-frankly they sound like to me (a word I can't use here but older kids use it all the time) ends in "bag" - maybe you got an inside look at the real "soul" (or lack thereof) of that place...

Leave a comment:

• MELLISSAMM
    replied
    It didn't go so well. All they did was discuss each of the credit cards on my credit report. They also said that they would have to let the CEO know about my bankruptcy since the position was in finance. The CEO will not be in until Monday. It felt like an invasion of privacy.

Leave a comment:

• LadyInTheRed
    replied
    Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
    i still think you got it!! after all they now know you are NOT in a debt! LOL!!! it's all gone that should make them happy.
    Exactly. The concern would be that if you are in financial trouble you may be tempted to embezzle. You filed BK to take care of your financial trouble, so you don't need to resort to theft.

Leave a comment:

• mountanddo
    replied
    It doesn't sound like they know much about bankruptcy since they are wondering why you filed if you have zero balances.

Leave a comment:

• tobee43
    replied
    Thank you so much! I hope everything goes well today. I better start preparing for what I'm going to say. The job is an accounting assistant position for the local Court House. Maybe that's why they are being so strict. It's honestly quite embarassing to have to go in there and discuss my financial history with someone I don't know.
    i still think you got it!! after all they now know you are NOT in a debt! LOL!!! it's all gone that should make them happy.

Leave a comment:

• MELLISSAMM
    replied
    Thank you so much! I hope everything goes well today. I better start preparing for what I'm going to say. The job is an accounting assistant position for the local Court House. Maybe that's why they are being so strict. It's honestly quite embarassing to have to go in there and discuss my financial history with someone I don't know.

Leave a comment:

• tobee43
    replied
    yes, i wouldn't write it off either, i agree with Lady and Iam, since really they were just asking about it. actually, it would have been odder if they hadn't, IMO.

so, sit tight it's NOT over until the gavel's pounded on the desk!

Leave a comment:

• IamOld
    replied
    Lady is right as always - they wouldn't do this if they FULLY made up their mind!

Leave a comment:

• LadyInTheRed
    replied
    Well, I don't think I got the job because of my bankruptcy. They pulled my credit report and asked why I even filed BK since I owed nothing. All my creditors adjusted my balances to 0 a few weeks after the petition was filed. The foreclosure is still on there though. I'm supposed to meet with the HR person today to discuss my credit report today (per her request). I don't even know what to say. This week is full of stress. I also have my creditor's meeting on Friday. Too much going on.
    Don't write off the job yet. Why would they have you come discuss the credit report if they have already made a decision? Be ready to tell the HR person about how you got to the point of needing to file BK and what you have learned from it. Acknowledge mistakes you've made and discuss how you plan to avoid making the same mistakes again.

Good luck. Try to stay positive. Walk in there like you know you have the job.

Leave a comment:

• IamOld
    replied
    Mellisa, that's unreal...BY THE WAY - CA actually prohibits most employers from asking for credit reports now...of course exempting your potential job...that's just so mind-numbingly stupid.

Here is the CA law...just in case...

Purpose of California Employers Requesting Credit History Reports
    for Employment Purposes
    California law requires employers to identify the specific purpose for requesting a credit
    history report relative to the applicant’s employment application. (Cal. Civ. Code §
    1785.20.5; Cal. Labor Code § 1024.5). Under California law, employers may only use
    consumer credit reports in one of eight circumstances, unless the employer is a person or
    business subject both to Sections 6801 through 6809 of Title 15 of the United States
    Code and compliance oversight by a state or federal regulatory agency with respect to
    those laws.
    Employer will check the appropriate box or boxes below to identify the specific purpose
    of this request, and Applicant will acknowledge with his or her signature at the bottom of
    this form.
    A credit history report has been requested in connection with Applicant’s employment
    application because the position for which the Applicant has applied is:
    □ A managerial position
    □ A position in the state Department of Justice
    □ A sworn peace officer or other law enforcement position
    □ A position for which the information contained in the report is required by
    law to be disclosed or obtained
    □ A position involves regular access to specified personal information for any
    purpose other than routine solicitation and processing of credit card
    applications in a retail establishment, including bank or credit card account
    information, social security number, and date of birth
    □ A position in which the applicant/employee is or would be a named signatory
    on the employer’s bank or credit card account, or authorized to transfer
    money or enter into financial contracts on the employer’s behalf
    □ A position that involves access to confidential or proprietary information, as
    specified in California Labor Code section 1024.5(a)(7)
    □ Position involves regular access to $10,000 or more of cash of the employer, a
    customer, or client, during the workday

Leave a comment:

• MELLISSAMM
    replied
    Well, I don't think I got the job because of my bankruptcy. They pulled my credit report and asked why I even filed BK since I owed nothing. All my creditors adjusted my balances to 0 a few weeks after the petition was filed. The foreclosure is still on there though. I'm supposed to meet with the HR person today to discuss my credit report today (per her request). I don't even know what to say. This week is full of stress. I also have my creditor's meeting on Friday. Too much going on.

Leave a comment:

• tobee43
    replied
    Well, I just found out that they will be conducting a credit check. I let the HR Manager know that I have recently filed for bankruptcy. She said "it shouldn't be a problem". Hoping for the best.........
    that't GREAT news!!!! congrats on this new job! you got it!

Leave a comment:

• IamOld
    replied
    Fingers crossed!!! And by the way - that is really really ridiculous!!!!

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X