Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MELLISSAMM
    replied
    Well, I just found out that they will be conducting a credit check. I let the HR Manager know that I have recently filed for bankruptcy. She said "it shouldn't be a problem". Hoping for the best.........

Leave a comment:

• LadyInTheRed
    replied
    Originally posted by MELLISSAMM View Post
    all she said was FBI & DOJ checks.....I'm not sure what those are though. Fingers crossed!
    Sounds like they are looking for a criminal record.

Congratulations on the job!

Leave a comment:

• MELLISSAMM
    replied
    Thanks for the info I hope everything works out for me. It will not be "security clearance" though.....all she said was FBI & DOJ checks.....I'm not sure what those are though. Fingers crossed!

Leave a comment:

• tobee43
    replied
    Originally posted by IamOld View Post
    mellisa, from what my atty says for people who need "serious" security clearances (and it sounds like you have a BACKGROUND check not security clearance) a BK is generally NO problem - it's done - out in the open - you don't owe $$ any more and went through the "court" system - if you owe tons of $$, etc., that - I am told - is the "red" flag.

AND OF COURSE BEST WISHES and FINGERS CROSSED!
    that's good to know! one would think in today's world that it isunusualnusal to see a bk on someone's record.

Leave a comment:

• IamOld
    replied
    mellisa, from what my atty says for people who need "serious" security clearances (and it sounds like you have a BACKGROUND check not security clearance) a BK is generally NO problem - it's done - out in the open - you don't owe $$ any more and went through the "court" system - if you owe tons of $$, etc., that - I am told - is the "red" flag.

AND OF COURSE BEST WISHES and FINGERS CROSSED!

Leave a comment:

• tobee43
    replied
    if they do a financial background check it will show up. whether it will determine whether they will hire you, will be up to them . i hope it will all go well for you!

Leave a comment:

• MELLISSAMM
    started a topic Background check/new job

Background check/new job

I filed bankruptcy in october. I applied for a job at a court house and was offered the position but they need to complete a doj & fbi background check. Would this disqualify me? Will my bk show up?

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X