PLEASE ASAP-THIS IS ONE FOR THE RECORD BOOKS - Sorry so Longgggg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PLEASE ASAP-THIS IS ONE FOR THE RECORD BOOKS - Sorry so Longgggg

Here IS ONE FOR THE RECORD BOOKS. Please respond with your insite (any and All comments are welcome)

I am a stage 4 cancer survivor (man). I have a home and property I built with my female partner (NEVER married her - yippy!!!) But she is a full blown alcoholic with sever mental issues. She is employed though (barely with post office). She tried to kill me while I was going thru radiation, chemo and a mastectomy. She tried to lock me out of my own home and I was forced to go to court and was awarded (AS A MAN EVEN) a domestic restraining order against her-(she even cussed in court and judge was NOT happy!). Anyways, I got the order, and I promptly (to save my life) got out of my house (it is located in NY) and moved over 600 miles away to be safe. But I am Still a joint owner on mortgage and deed. She Always handled the money and I have found out that for last 10 years she has been late over 50 times on mortgage (it has been in default etc now off and on since my cancer 3 years ago) and she stole all my money that was supposed to go to mortgage (she gave to her grown kids or bought cigs/drinks - vehicles with 20plus interest rate) she has the WORSE credit report ever seen. I didn't know she was using my money this way. Until I left the state. OK, it gets EVEN worse (or better?)... . in October of last year she filed for a hardship forebearance and signed MY NAME to all the paperwork (since I am joint on mortgage)...HOWEVER, I have requested many times the paperwork from where else BUT GREENTREE for a copy of who signed my name to request my IRS tax, forms, the perjury under law statement etc... but they refuse. I have a paper where they said they would send ALL papers related to this joint mortgage to my current address (but lo and behold - I disappeared off ALL the paperwork and she became the only one on it - however, she IS ALWAYS hanging on by a hair away from foreclosure and they won't send paperwork to me (though they promised to) but I check my credit report AND they report ME also as late! So, they know I AM a joint owner!

OK, getting better... after 2 years - of her destroying my credit... and getting my health in order - I JUST had the energy to file Chapter 7. I did it myself - pretty simple for me... I just owe the house...but I filed it before listing whether or not I was going to reaffirm the mortgage and Schedule H for co debtor (HER) on the property... I just put in credit list the name of the mortgage GREENTREE (I am in the 14 days - just yesterday filed where I would be surrendering the house in NY (I am in Indiana) and listed her as co debtor (and ALL the names she tries to hide under.... well, now she was 2 months AGAIN behind... and she just made a partial payment and has one pending for Sept 17...she didn't make her SUV payment to do this... so GREENTREE got the bankruptcy filing electronically BEFORE I filed these papers...

NOW TO THE BEST OF IT ALL... GREENTREE sent a reaffirmation agreement etc to my Indiana address... with my name on top of letter but letter addressed to HER! And the reaffirmation agreement states HER NAME (NOT MINE) with MY BK filing number - as IF she was one filing in Indiana on a NY property with MY FILING NUMBER ON THE PAPERWORK...
    GREENTREE is such f***ing idiots... I betcha after they get the surrender paperwork they will keep sending her paperwork in my name to MY current address... did I MENTION she works at Post Office and WILL NOT answer any and ALL certified letters from mortgage or legal papers???? so she will ignore it ALL....

NOW ONE LITTLE LAST DITTY... after committing mortgage fraud (signing my name), she previously changed my address at her post office (but I got around her trick and did it online so she can't thru it away, SHE OWES OVER 12,000 IN BACK TAXES (LATE FEES ETC FOR 2 YEARS) and on dec 21 - will owe another 6,000 AND GROWING to about 20,000.o .

I DONT WANT THIS PYSCHOPATH who tried to kill me while I was fighting stage 4 cancer (one reason for Domestic Order against HER)! to get ANYTHING I BUILT with sweat of my hands and money before I fought for my life (and I don't know what future holds. So, I am thinking since idiot Greentree thinks it IS her filing ba thenkruptcy in Indiana - just IGNORE them AT ALL and let them take the house that way... that is my IDEA... I want don't a penny - she has destroyed house anyways... but I don't want her living in MY HOUSE I BUILT (and she doesn't pay anyways) but they just let her hang in there... probably says I have cancer etc ec...

Sorry so long... but Stage 4 Cancer changes it ALL and puts it in different perspective. GOD has at least been kind to me in one way... I have found a GREAT WOMAN who would and HAS done everything for me and financially fit with own homes, career etc... so she ONLY wants me for love. I have NEVER been married in my 50s... BUT I HAVE found THE ONE at LAST!

All I can say is wow

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
      All I can say is wow
      Yeah, I can only offer something equally as helpful, unfortunately, which is to say that my thoughts are with you. That is HORRIBLE. I suspect that while people here can all try to be of some dubious comfort to you that in the end this is a problem only a lawyer can be truly helpful with. However, there are some VERY knowledgeable people in this forum, and I am sure they can give you some relevant info. While I can't, just know that you have my empathy!

Comment

You are in my thoughts and prayers....just when I thought people couldn't be that cruel, I'm shocked shocked. As a woman I couldn't even fathom her thought process or her actions. Crazy!

Comment

Welcome JM to the forum.

Now, go online and your old county and pull the original Deed on your property or real estate in question. Search from there a possible quit claim Deed. Possibly mortgage papers as well but the Deed from day one should be. Just changing the mortgage does not change the ownership and vise-versa. You will still have a Deed and the Mortgage. If she has assumed this in anyway, and you don't want the place back, suck it in and let her have it as you will have discharged that debt in your BK. Are you now in BK or planning it? I did not catch that in your book.

I have learned in my old age that spite bites back and letting her have her life as wretched as it is, will be trouble for her enough. Put it all behind you and enjoy your new life as it is. God knows as well as you, that life is too short to be bothered by such things. You are way above that person, and the best punishment for her, God will do. Probably using her own hand. Best of good fortune to you. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

AC, I so love your words of wisdom! They are always so gracious and level minded! Love your posts.

Comment

You have a lawyer I hope?

Comment

AC Hub has given you great advice. Let it go. Say goodbye to the house, goodbye to the past, goodbye to your anger, resentment, and pride. Say hello to your new life and let the chips in her life fall where they may. As 'hub put it, God will deal with her and it will probably be by her own hand.

Welcome to the forum!
                Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
                Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

Thank you everyone... I just needed some reassurance life would be OK...I have already filed BK Ch7... and Greentree is so stupid thinking it is her and sending the reaffirmation paperwork to me with her name ONLY on it with my BK number(thinking it is her filing-they are so dumb - it is ME not her)...so, I will ignore their stupidity and let them think - it is HER - not me... surrendering property....

NO I have NOT done a quit claim deed (yes I have done this before with other houses I owned before I knew this "being")... a quit claim deed does not absolve me from joint mortgage - ONLY Chap7 or her refi (and ONLY IF she paid me my 1/2 equity (yea as IF a person who has a 500 credit ever could or even would)...so, I will never sign one...if they want to let her keep it hanging on into foreclosure and NOT paying them - we shall let the Bankruptcy court in Indiana decide it - as I have a Huge amount of equity into the home (133.000ish)- that they will "lick their chops at" to pay off about 15,000 I have in small bills -due to the cancer etc. The Bankruptcy judge can decide then. I am not worried... one way or another I will be free from "this creature". I don't expect a dime -I would give it to Cancer research before I give it to another mentally deranged individual... but she isn't going to get one dime either.

I have helped many people over my lifetime and have found kindness in the state I "moved/ran to". GOD Bless them all!

I am on SSI - so, I don't have a lawyer... but I do have a friend who was a legal paralegal for over 30 years who filed BK for others... who out of there kindness is helping me... My BK is already in process.

I just don't need this when I Just got out of Stage 4 neck cancer and was given 4 months to live - I have only been out of treatment for 2ish years and thought I had a relapse last year and was back in hospital- that is when THIS hmm person was driving me out of my own home... she wanted me out of house in October so she could sign my name to the hardship program and also to take money out of equity in the house... she figured I wouldn't sign the papers so she drove me out - so I wouldn't know they were coming to my address OR she stole my mail from the Post Office she works at - so, I didn't know she had signed my name. Oh, did I forget - she removed the rural mailbox and just hit it with a sledgehammer so I couldn't get mail??? I reported this and they did NOTHING!!!! oh she also put a sledgehammer through my side of house bedroom door before I ran for my life.

the VERY day I came home from court after getting the Domestic Restraining Order Against her (my house is split like into 2 apartments)... she pulled not just lights BUT the whole plugs and wires out of all the sockets in most of house (to include ones going up stairs - so I would fall down). I had to call cops 3 days later when she was outside with my dogs and putting something into their food (the order also included them)... they had been to house before... I showed them the Restraining Order - but Onodoga County Sheriff and NEW YORK STATE POLICE said it was the WORSE violence situation they had ever seen where the woman was the perp (they had been out there several times before on her and warned her NOT to drink and act a fool and stop fighting with the police and cussing)... but they REFUSED to honor the order and take her to Jail...I am ASHAMED of Onodoga County to ever admit now I was born there. Thank GOD if I am to die... I WON'T die in that County!

Even though I am a man - I was ALWAYS against domestic violence (I even years back did a volunteer program for violence against women and raised money in charity runs)... and I always and Still feel for abused women... I just didn't realize I was a member of the group and the abuser would ALSO abuse me Financially and force me into Bankruptcy Chap 7/ losing home - while I recover from cancer in a far away state...

GOD bless you all.... I know a lot of people have had a hard time out there and been forced to lose their homes due to economy and loss of jobs... I am just losing mine because a someone who is Mentally Unstable and needs a conservership - we did have the money to pay the mortgage - sell the house and each walk with 50,000 plus in each of our hands - she refused and cussed drunk at the offer.

So for those of you out there, take it one day at time there WILL be life after Chapter 7... if You need it done... don't just keep throwing your money down the drain and try to hold onto something you will lose anyways... life is MUCH TOO SHORT...

Comment

Party April 15.. lucky you in Michigan... I will join You!!! I figure my party is going to be over here - Chapter 7... at least mostly by Christmas - YEA YEA...

Comment

Greetings again "Justme": I understand your situation. Re-read my above post, but let me add to what you have said: You are lucky to drop her. Worst case scenario regarding the house, is; after a title search it will be discovered that she does not own it clear of you. That is the reason for Tittle Insurance. At that time, her attempt to defraud will be noted. Make sure your Clerk of Court knows your now address and a letter to he/she would be prudent. The least you can get is, AWAY FROM HER. This you have done. AS stated above, she will self destruct, and the Post Office will find that she is an alchi. They don't like this such thing, as my family is a long time P.O. family on both sides of our marriage.

At this time simply concern yourself about you and your new friend and new life. We will help you get through your C7 but you must to the work to get through this other thing. We cannot do that for you. Take care and we are rooting for you and your success in BK and new life. May the hamsters bless you as well as God. Stick around and you will understand that remark. LOL 'Hub
                      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

good advice about deed Angelina! I know the house was deeded in both our names as joint owners. I will send written request to find out what she has put on deed Now... but I Never signed any paperwork to change the deed... so, I will send a letter (I always send my paperwork certified) since I now live 700 miles away but since I just filed Chap7 ... I have a feeling the judge in Indianapolis will have a "field day" with this one ... Greentree - removing me from mortgage paperwork so I can't see what kind of screw up they and "her" have done... but I am still on mortgage and they always report me late... but they were so KIND to send me a reaffirmation paperwork in HER NAME ALONE to MY current address many states over (with MY BK number) Idiots they think It IS her applying for Chapt 7. Of COURSE - I filed to surrender house. But Greentree was in such a hurry to get me to reaffirm (ALWAYS LATE - since my cancer and she IS living there with her 2 adult kids/gkids - even one is a RN and 3 families can't pay 800 a month on time??? ) they sent the reaffirm agreement to her (aka me) the VERY day I filed the paperwork to surrender house...

This IS going to get GOOD...... I betcha the idiots at Greentree WILL think it is her surrendering house - and they she will be blindsided after I have my hearing and house is goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......................and sheriff comes a knocking... to get all 6 adults and 4 kids out of one 3 bedroom house... and she cant do a darn thing... because she ignores and throws away ALL certified paperwork she gets in the mail before it goes out for delivery... ignorance ain't bliss says the JUDGE... here comes the judge... I am just going to be quiet and ignore Greentree sending her paperwork for reaffirmation to my current address... I got better things to do... like keep up doctor appointments (so far so good-whewwwwwwwww-in last few months)...

God bless you all... I know everyone also has tough times out there also... I just thought this Chapter 7 case would be one this forum would shake their heads at

Comment

Originally posted by justme147433 View Post
                          God bless you all... I know everyone also has tough times out there also... I just thought this Chapter 7 case would be one this forum would shake their heads at
                          Why?
                          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

You have a 341 meeting soon. I strongly suggest you get your story together in very brief terms and leave the anger etc out of the story. The TT's have heard it all. Keep it short and to the point. Only answer the question and don't elaborate. Trust that the TT will sort it all out especially if there is significant equity in the property.

BK7 is referred to as total liquidation so that you can have a fresh start. The government puts limits and restrictions on what 'total liquidation' means but only you can put limitations and restrictions on what a 'fresh start' means. How much of the past you drag into your fresh start is up to you. I agree with others that you need to move on and stop dwelling on all of the wrongs she has done and enjoy your fresh start. It is up to you. Best of luck.
                            Lawyer - $3000
                            Filing fee - $299
                            Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

because they Greentree mortgage sent the paperwork to renew the mortgage at my current Address - with Her name on it and MY bankruptcy filing as If it was her and not me filing Chapt 7. good news I Already have a hearing Date October 9th!!! and Dec 9 is due date for creditors! this Fastest I ever could imagine... I will be free one way or another to move on!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X