Don't understand timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't understand timeline

Hi all! We filed on 7-18, 341 meeting was on 9-4 and the last time anything was posted to pacer was 10-18. Just normal stuff on pacer - no creditor objections and its a no asset case. Any idea why it is STILL saying "waiting for discharge"? Should I be concerned?

Thanks.

Yes, it would say that until you are discharged. Not all Districts do the "auto-discharge" on the 61st day. If you are getting concerned, you could always call the Clerk's office and speak with your Case Manager. You can ask the Case Manager if there is anything preventing the discharge. Based on posts throughout the years on this BKForum, many debtors have had the Case Manager issue the discharge right over the phone -- if everything is okay.

Good luck!
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Discharged will be 60 days after 341 meeting. My case was also chapter 7 no asset and my discharge order and final decree (case closed) was on 62nd day after my 341 meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by dischargedbk View Post
        Discharged will be 60 days after 341 meeting. My case was also chapter 7 no asset and my discharge order and final decree (case closed) was on 62nd day after my 341 meeting.
        Discharge will not occur on day 60, the bar date for creditors to file objections for the discharge of their particular debt. Nothing will happen before day 61.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
          Nothing will happen before day 61.
          And in many courts it takes a bit longer than that.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
            And in many courts it takes a bit longer than that.
            Indeed! And it may be more than just a backlog of cases.

In our own case, when two and one-half months past the date we were expecting to be discharged, 'Hub called the clerk of the BK Court to ask if anything was wrong. And there was. Our file lacked a copy of our Marriage License. The trustee had asked us to bring a copy of it to our 341. When we tried to give it to him, he said he didn't need it. Well, the file did, because the lack of it was the hold-up of our discharge. Once it was scanned and emailed to our caseworker, we were discharged that very day!
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Well I just kind of waited it out and on November 18, we were discharged!!! Thanks so much to everyone on this forum that made the process a little easier and a little less stressful

Comment

Originally posted by Mom63 View Post
                Well I just kind of waited it out and on November 18, we were discharged!!! Thanks so much to everyone on this forum that made the process a little easier and a little less stressful

8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X