So R.C.Willey called to take back....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So R.C.Willey called to take back....

My attorney e-mailed me that R.C.Willey just called and wanted their stuff back (MOST of the stuff I purchased with their card has been sold for cash while I was struggling) So they want their sofa back EVEN it's stained with dog stuff and some tears. I don't care if they take these defect stuff back (They will call to schedule pick up).

When they do call, I will tell them "Are you sure you want these sofas with dog stains, drink spills, food stains, tears, etc...???" (These are NOT leathers, it is HARD to come off anyway!)

What is expected when they come to pick it up? Do I have to sign *ANY* papers?

Anything I should know or be aware?

Thanks!

Let them know the condition of the remaining property. That's it. Maybe they'll decline to actually come and get the items, but it reads as though they really want it. I would ask for a receipt that they have taken possession of the property. Take pictures while they are there, and of their truck if you can't get a receipt.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have no experience with repossession. But, if I were you, I would not sign anything and would ask them for a receipt.

That said, don't be surprised if they never actually come to get the furniture. Their letter may very well have been a scare tactic to try to get you to reaffirm the debt.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

When I leave a window open and come back later, before I hit send, I really should check to make sure nobody else has replied saying pretty close to what I am going to say.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

It happens LITR... it happens!
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

LOL LITR.

Thanks LITR & justbroke I'll report back if they actually take it back. Maybe I should scare them "Better bring HazMat guys to pick my sofa up" LOL!!!

Comment

It sure sounds like a scare tactic to me. They have to pay somebody to come pick up that sofa, and obviously they wouldn't get a plug nickel if they tried to sell it. The cost to clean and repair would be MUCH more than the sofa would be worth. They want the money.

It's just like when Best Buy sent me a letter demanding the computer, DVDs, etc., that I'd bought on their card. I could return the items OR pay them $xxx to settle the debt. I asked my attorney about it and she said, "Just ignore it. They want the money. They don't want your old computer equipment, they wouldn't get enough out of the sale to make it worth their while."

So I ignored them, and she was right. They never came for the stuff, and the debt was discharged a few months later.

Comment

They did come and picked up. Good riddance! My new light-weight nicer sofa is on the way...paid for with CASH!

These drivers admitted to me these sofa would be destroyed due to dog smell (!?) Makes me glad they wasted money on driving to pick it up

Comment

They actually came to pick up your used sofa? What, if anything did they say about the items which you sold, and thus could not return to them?

Comment

I think this is the first time I've heard of a creditor taking back furniture after BK. I'm glad you were in the position to get a new couch, Postie.

Comment

Wiley has a few location and I would not consider them a large creditor. I think they make donations to "good will" and other charities and just have the charity come and pick it up! It's an interesting strategy as it may be good-will to donate the surrendered property rather than deal with it themselves. Look, they get to inforce the "redeem", "reaffirm" or "surrender" requirement with actually NO WORK on their own part.

Quite interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                        Wiley has a few location and I would not consider them a large creditor. I think they make donations to "good will" and other charities and just have the charity come and pick it up! It's an interesting strategy as it may be good-will to donate the surrendered property rather than deal with it themselves. Look, they get to inforce the "redeem", "reaffirm" or "surrender" requirement with actually NO WORK on their own part.

Quite interesting.

Seems like a good way to build a reputation that they will actually repossess their collateral so that people are more likely to reaffirm their loans or at least continue to make payments on the discharged loans. If they don't get paid, at least they get a charitable deduction which is better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
                          They actually came to pick up your used sofa? What, if anything did they say about the items which you sold, and thus could not return to them?
                          My attorney told them I sold most of RC Willey stuff when I was struggling with debts and paying rent/food, etc... They said OK they wanted to know what I have left I told them the truth that I had their sofa/love seat.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post

Quite interesting.
                            It was from 2 R.C. Willey guys with R.C. Willey truck.

Comment

Originally posted by postie View Post
                              It was from 2 R.C. Willey guys with R.C. Willey truck.
                              Very interesting. We are going to write this one down in the history books! I have never read on this site, or anywhere, in the last 7 years that a creditor picked up a smelly, dirty, stained sofa. This clearly sends a message and maybe that's what they want to do.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X