Why don't they ever leave messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why don't they ever leave messages?

My lovely calls started on Friday. I am less than one month past due with payment and they are already calling 5-6x a day (today it was about 3x so I got a break - LOL). I have decided NOT to answer the calls. I don't want to listen to them and I have nothing to say to them as I am not filing for another 5 months. This is my plan and I"m stickin to it - LOL.

My question is - why don't they leave any messages?
    11/14/07 -filed C7 12/04/07 -case pulled for random audit.12/18/07 -341 held: Asset case due to engagement ring & tax return.02/19/08 - US trustee files motion to extend. 04/02/08- changed back to NO ASSET! I get my ring back and get to keep my tax return! :clapping: 04/28/08 -DISCHARGED!!! :yahoo::yahoo: 05/07/08 - CLOSED!!!

Good question

Mine started as, "This is XX bank, please call 1-800-xxxxxxx". Pre-recorded at first. Then they just called and hung up when the machine came on. Now they keep leaving a message that they need to speak to me regarding the changes being made to my account. (Going to collections maybe???) I get about anywhere from 4 to 12 calls a day right now. Im at just two months late. They do sound MUCH more nasty now. Its now real folks, withreal nasty voices..lol. Devils I tell ya!
    Be glad your still in the hang up stage. Someone here keeps turning the answering machine volume up after I turn it down.
    WAM
    ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
    WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
    PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

If they annoy you on the answering machine/voicemail, than people would know better than to try talking to these people. And then they know they would never get you on the phone.

Comment

I changed my number to an unlisted right after deciding to file. It was a lot less stressful not having to answer the calls. The only way they can get your number is if its listed or you give to another creditor when applying for credit....
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

The collection calls are a favorite subject to me,just because it is such nonsense if we all know the laws and what they can and cannot do, no matter what the reason we are in this predicament, so I say hey what the heck they aren't going to give you a break , they aren't going to be nice, so why don't you just have fun with them, bust their butts, you know Have fun, they are not going away so why be afraid to answer the phone. Ply games with them and have a blast. they are full of BS, go with it

Comment

I would get some that would leave messages (computerized messages).. and some where a single person was responsible for my account.

I imagine many don't leave messages because they are used to not getting the calls returned anyway!
            3/27/07: Chapter 7 Filed - Pre-filing true FICO (hers/his) 450/477
            5/10/07: 341 Meeting DONE! Trustee's Report of No Distribution Filed
            7/04/07: FICOs going up! Credit report cleanup (hers/his) 540/536
            7/10/07: DISCHARGED! 8/27/07: CLOSED!

Comment

Don't bother changing your number. It's not worth the fee.

We went to an unlisted number and our Creditors managed to get it anyway.

They'll call your neighbors, people and relatives you listed as contacts on your original application, your HR Dept. They'll find someone to tell them your phone number.

It ain't called "Skip Tracing" for nothing!
              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
              Discharged - 12/2006
              Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
              Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Well, I changed mine and put it in my husbands name. Didn't get a collection call for over a year while waiting to file. Worked for me.
                Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

I answered the calls and told them I was filing Chapter 7 within a few weeks. They politely asked for my attorney info and I politely gave it to them and they didn't call again. Actually, Cap One did call again, but the caller apologized, saying he didn't see the note that I was filing C7.
                  Filed C7: 04/25/2007
                  341: 05/21/2007
                  Last Day for Objections: 07/20/2007
                  Discharged: 07/23/07 Closed: 07/26/07

Comment

"...My question is - why don't they leave any messages?.."

They have no idea if someone else would be listening to the msg or not. They need to protect your privacy.

Comment

I never answered any calls at all, once I decided to stop paying. It was scary at first, but became sort of irritatingly routine, once I started managing it instead of cringing from it.

After a while, the accounts went through several different sets of hands and it was QUITE instructive to listen to it all at the end of the day for a year and a half.

By the end of it, I could the operators talking to each other while being recorded on my machine - tapping their pens ion the phone, yawning, snorting and laughing.... I kid you not. I stopped worrying about the calls at that point.

But a letter from the sheriff, now - THAT'S a horse of a different color! HA!

Comment

Originally posted by HenriettaHen View Post
                        I never answered any calls at all, once I decided to stop paying. It was scary at first, but became sort of irritatingly routine, once I started managing it instead of cringing from it.

After a while, the accounts went through several different sets of hands and it was QUITE instructive to listen to it all at the end of the day for a year and a half.

By the end of it, I could the operators talking to each other while being recorded on my machine - tapping their pens ion the phone, yawning, snorting and laughing.... I kid you not. I stopped worrying about the calls at that point.

But a letter from the sheriff, now - THAT'S a horse of a different color! HA!
                        You received a letter from the sheriff? What for?
                        The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                        "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                        Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

All you need are two things: Caller ID, and a switch to turn the ringer off

Comment

"You received a letter from the sheriff? What for?"

Eventually I was summoned to court by two creditors. I had been ignoring calls for over a year and a half. The sheriff left the first summons in a rarely used door on the side of our house, so I didn't see it for ten days until I got a letter.

That snapped me to my feet, because I only had ten days left to respond to the complaint - before I did, another one arrived.

I went to the hearings, explained to the judge that I was literally a few weeks from filing BK. Got continuances on both and returned a month later to hand over my case number.

It was absolutely horrible outside on both mornings - but when I left the courthouse, I was singin' DIPPITY-DO-DA~

Comment

Most will not leave a message, as they are only supposed to contact you ONE time in a 24 hour period. Some view leaving a message as voice contact from them, therefore they cannot call you again for 24 hours, but if you call them back it's okay. So they will not leave a message, and hang up often so they can continue to call that day until they finally get a hold of you. That's just one of the minor sneaky tricks of theirs....wait until you get to the major ones.
                              "Try to save money. Someday it may be valuable again." - Anonymous

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X