top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Mortgage Sends Someone To My House!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second Mortgage Sends Someone To My House!

I thought I had seen everything in this debt defaulting mess....UNTIL TODAY.

My first loan is in FC and my second is with the same lender, at least in name.

Today, I get a knock on the door. Its a person representing the Second Loan who wants to talk to me about arranging a payment or other financial arrangements. Has anybody else ever heard of this happening.

...pretty intrusive if you ask me. I should mention that the person, when they parked in the driveway, BACKED THEIR CAR IN!

I would never talk to someone ASKING FOR MONEY! There are scam artists who will look at the NOD and Foreclosure (lis pendens in Florida) notices in the Civil Court. It's very easy to search by date. Find new entries then go around scamming money.

I, personally, would have called the police with the license plate. No lender should ever come to your door and ask for money. Unless it's that creepy uncle.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have heard of some debt collectors actually knocking on doors, but this is very rare.

Obviously, they are very desperate to be doing something like this. They trying everything possible to get people to pay them some money or else they are going to go out of business. That is why it has reached this level.

I would call the police if this ever happened again.

Or simply don't answer the door next time.
      The world's simplest C & D Letter:
      "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
      Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

This does not sound normal at all.

It IS normal for a lender to send someone out to see if you still occupy the property. However, they usually just drive by and take a photo without knocking on the door. The servicer gets a fee for doing this "drive by inspection" so sometimes they do it monthly. But to knock on the door and talk about your finances? No way.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

douche
          Take $10 billion from the government and then sue me...nice

Comment

They would've been given one minute to leave the property, after that the artillery gets pulled out...

Then again, I live in a gun-toting dirt-poor county where no one (including law enforcement) is keen on banks and creditors...I'm certain that in a zillion other places my approach wouldn't fly well at all...
            No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

I knew this was pretty crazy. But it caught me off guard.

Of all the things I was expecting this was not even on my radar. It was actually a female and we only spoke for a minute. I have to agree with GoingDown, as I think they are getting desperate to do anything to collect something.

Comment

Females are the number one "spotters" for thieves and home invasion "crews". One scenario is that a female comes to your door asking about a lost cat (or dog). There are variations. The key is to check out your status, see if you're single, or not home, and to "sneak a peek" inside.

Be very cautious... is my mantra.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

If your home is in foreclosure, it is out on public record and scam artists abound. Educate yourself as to what they do - many states are aware of the scammers and offer free meetings for those in foreclosure to learn about the scams out there. The reason the car was backed in is because they did not want anyone passing by on the street or elsewhere to see the tag. So many people fall for these scams it is unbelievable and what many of them carry is paperwork that would allow you to stay in the house if you sign but you end up signing the house over to them. Beware of anyone coming to your door when you are in bankruptcy or foreclosure.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

I would report it. Maybe they stopped at other houses in your neighborhood. Maybe I'm cynical but I doubt it was someone actually from the bank, more likely a scam.
                    attorney consult and decided to file, 02/15/2010
                    no-asset Chapter 7 filed, 03/11/2010
                    341, 05/10/2010
                    discharged, 07/13/2010

Comment

Thank you Flamingo for posting one of the actual scenarios. My mind was a blank, but I knew that they were doing these "just sign here" scams. The Florida Attorney General is very aware of these scams.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X