top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Received summons from debt collector..what should I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, if you exempt that tax refund of yours, $300 is really not that much of a big deal...

Good luck to us all.
    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by shark66 View Post
      Well, if you exempt that tax refund of yours, $300 is really not that much of a big deal....
      Yeah. The trustee is looking for preference payments, fraudulent transfers, hidden assets and hidden income, not $300 of exempt cash spent on a kid's birthday party.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

how about a COLD state park??? with a camp fire??? marshmellows...hot dogs to roast. i'll come
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
          how about a COLD state park??? with a camp fire??? marshmellows...hot dogs to roast. i'll come
          LOL. My first thought was "what happened to birthday parties in parks?" Then I realized it's February in Massachusetts. Brrrrrrrrrrr! I'd come too. But, I suspect attendance would be low.

I love the outdoors and gathering around the campfire for warmth. One of my favorite memories was backpacking in the snowy mountains with my family and my uncle and cousin. It wasn't actually snowing, but snow covered the ground a couple of feet deep and it was cold. We always had instant lemonade when backpacking. But, on that trip my mom invented hot lemonade. We kids would run around playing, building snowmen and throwing snowballs until our noses and fingers were numb. Then we'd come marching back to the camp fire chanting, "I'm in the mood for some hot lemonade, hot lemonade, hot lemonade." My mom was always ready with a hot pot of water and the lemonade mix.

I suspect I am in the minority when I think an outdoor party in wintry conditions would be fun.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Never heard of hot lemonade.
            Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
              LOL. My first thought was "what happened to birthday parties in parks?" Then I realized it's February in Massachusetts. Brrrrrrrrrrr! I'd come too. But, I suspect attendance would be low.

I love the outdoors and gathering around the campfire for warmth. One of my favorite memories was backpacking in the snowy mountains with my family and my uncle and cousin. It wasn't actually snowing, but snow covered the ground a couple of feet deep and it was cold. We always had instant lemonade when backpacking. But, on that trip my mom invented hot lemonade. We kids would run around playing, building snowmen and throwing snowballs until our noses and fingers were numb. Then we'd come marching back to the camp fire chanting, "I'm in the mood for some hot lemonade, hot lemonade, hot lemonade." My mom was always ready with a hot pot of water and the lemonade mix.

I suspect I am in the minority when I think an outdoor party in wintry conditions would be fun.
              me too! i remember them as so much fun. we had the swings and slides! it was so much fun. hot lemonade??? i'm with dew, i never heard of that one, but sounds interesting. hot anything in the brisk cold is always good.

i guess we are "aging" ourselves. we never had these fancy parties that costs my parents a weeks salary. it's rather a shame that society makes kids (and their parents) think that's the way it has to be.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Well, I guess I'll age myself too here. My favoite birthday party was when I turned 7. The school I attended was within walking distance so all my friends walked home with me after school. My BD is June 11th so it was also the last day of school! My mom had made *not bought* a cake and decorated the dining room with streamers and balloons. We played all sorts of games like pin-the-tail on the donkey and drop the clothespin in the bottle. She had bought little prizes for everyone who won and really she made sure we all won. That's really all I remember about it but I don't think that she spent a whole lot of money on it. She had 8 kids and I was the baby so there wasn't left over money for fancy parties. The thing is that I never once saw it as being deprived. Later on in life my sisters and brothers always said we didn't have a lot of money growing up but I never really knew that. I don't think if she had thrown a $300 party for me I would of even noticed or cared. All I cared about at 7 was being the center of attention on my "day".
                Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
                  Well, I guess I'll age myself too here. My favoite birthday party was when I turned 7. The school I attended was within walking distance so all my friends walked home with me after school. My BD is June 11th so it was also the last day of school! My mom had made *not bought* a cake and decorated the dining room with streamers and balloons. We played all sorts of games like pin-the-tail on the donkey and drop the clothespin in the bottle. She had bought little prizes for everyone who won and really she made sure we all won. That's really all I remember about it but I don't think that she spent a whole lot of money on it. She had 8 kids and I was the baby so there wasn't left over money for fancy parties. The thing is that I never once saw it as being deprived. Later on in life my sisters and brothers always said we didn't have a lot of money growing up but I never really knew that. I don't think if she had thrown a $300 party for me I would of even noticed or cared. All I cared about at 7 was being the center of attention on my "day".
                  good story! and really, right on point here. kids are much more resilient and we give them far too little credit for understanding situations. they can adjust, far better than we think.

what's important is just want you pointed out. FUN! fun doesn't have to come with spending money. pin-the -tail on the donkey ME TOO!! lol!! now that was fun!

Comment

The thing is that I never once saw it as being deprived.

_ . _ .

Later on in life my sisters and brothers always said we didn't have a lot of money growing up but I never really knew that.

_ . _ .

All I cared about at 7 was being the center of attention on my "day".
                    These three statements are the key. Your mother has obviously done an excellent job in many respects.

Good luck to us all.
                    No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

FWIW, I had a creditor file against me as I was waiting for the right time to file bankruptcy (still haven't, but that's coming in the next 2-3 months, most likely). It was a hospital bill for $300, and I was unemployed when the creditor filed a suit against me. If I had filed bankruptcy at that point, it likely would have been a Chapter 13 because I was just recently unemployed and my previous 6 months had been at full employment. I decided it was better to just let them get their judgment and wait for my best time to file, knowing that the bankruptcy would take care of the judgment. And, really, my credit is such a mess now, what's a judgment between friends? It wasn't worth going Chapter 13 just to avoid a $300 settlement.

Comment

Well, I guess I'll age myself too here.
                        The only aging you did was tell us you were over age 7 which I had already assumed. Judging by your avatar, I'd say you're 24.
                        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Never heard of hot lemonade.
                          Are you kidding?!

I like it better than cold lemonade.

I juice about 4 or 5 big juicy lemons, put in a little bit of white sugar and stir it, and then pour in about 2 cups of boiling hot water and stir it all around. It is wonderful!
                          The world's simplest C & D Letter:
                          "I demand that you cease and desist from any communication with me."
                          Notice that I never actually mention or acknowledge the debt in my letter.

Comment

Originally posted by GoingDown View Post
                            Are you kidding?!

I like it better than cold lemonade.

I juice about 4 or 5 big juicy lemons, put in a little bit of white sugar and stir it, and then pour in about 2 cups of boiling hot water and stir it all around. It is wonderful!
                            I'd just replace the sugar with honey...and yes, I like mine hot, especially in the winter...

Good luck to us all.

Comment

And I thought my mom invented hot lemonade! Now that my lemon tree is finally starting to be productive, I'll have to try making some from scratch. I only ever had it while backpacking, so it was made from a powdered mix.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X