No announcement yet.

Florida Foreclosure timeline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's basically the judge inquiring of the lawyers, "where are we in this case?" or in other words, the judge will ask.... have you completed the discovery process?
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks, that makes sense.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Update, I checked the civil records friday, It shows summary Judgement hearing March 13, 2013, So it will be over soon. We are with BOA. Our last payment was May 2010. So almost 3 yrs.
        I think things are starting to move faster now in florida, A relative has Chase, ( they had 13, 18mos ago that they stopped paying. Chase filed LP in August, now Nov SJ hearing. They filed 7 November, the attorney told them they have 2 more years of waiting for forclosure, but I think he is wrong. I bet they will move faster after discharge.
        chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
          Update, I checked the civil records friday, It shows summary Judgement hearing March 13, 2013, So it will be over soon. We are with BOA. Our last payment was May 2010. So almost 3 yrs.
          I think things are starting to move faster now in florida, A relative has Chase, ( they had 13, 18mos ago that they stopped paying. Chase filed LP in August, now Nov SJ hearing. They filed 7 November, the attorney told them they have 2 more years of waiting for forclosure, but I think he is wrong. I bet they will move faster after discharge.
          the only reason they work so slowly is because every foreclosure must go via the court system in florida. so it usually took 2 years, even before this HUGE mess. there are i think only 13 states that foreclosures go this way. but, they must or they cannot proceed with the action.

i guess your situation is somewhat bittersweet. but i'm glad you will be finally and hopefully making steps for a better life and hoped you saved that money for your move lol!!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Update here, north of Tampa.

We quit paying on our house around November 2007. No movement in all that time, except a Lis Pendens and repeated offers for mods. The house must be completely trashed by now, in the Florida humidity.

Last month, BoA transferred the mortgage servicing to OCWEN. Now THEY are bombarding us with offers to modify. And threats that we had better get insurance, or they will be forced to, which will be even more expensive that what we could get. We filed CH 7 at the dates in my sig.

This just wears on and on. Keep hoping someone will finish the foreclosure, but it looks like it will continue indefinitely.

Hope you are all well!

-dmc
            11-20-09-- Filed Chapter 7
            12-23-09-- 341 Meeting-Early Christmas Gift?
            3-9-10--Discharged

Comment

Ha! Deadman I could have written your last post myself! I'm in he EXACT situation!! BOA transferred to Ocwen. It's been FIVE LONG years and NADA!! So frustrating!! I've all but begged them to take the darn house back. No luck.

Comment

Upon checking court records today, they have deleted my summary judgement hearing date (March) on Dec 7, with no reason. Still shows a Status Conf for February.
                chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Update:

Looks like it's almost over for us... Case says CLOSED now.. just waiting for the auction to go through in a few more days. Heck it only took them 5 years. ;)

12/10/2012 1 PROOF OF PUBLICATION
                  11/14/2012 1 ONLINE AUCTION SCHEDULED
                  11/6/2012 1 CORRESPONDENCE TO CLERK FROM PLF
                  10/31/2012 7 FILING CLOSED FOR SRS
                  10/31/2012 6 AFF AS TO COSTS
                  10/31/2012 5 AFFIDAVIT OF ATTY FEES
                  10/31/2012 4 AFF TO REASONABLE ATTY FEE
                  10/31/2012 3 NTC OF FILING
                  11/3/2011 PL 1 1 MTN TO SUBSTITUTE PLF/DEF AND CHANGE CASE STYLE
                  BK discharged in March '07
                  Walked away from house June '07
                  Foreclosure process started Aug '07

Comment

Jon,
                    Glad is over for you.
                    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Update checked courthouse still no summary judgement hearing date notes, just status conference feb 2013, But now He got a suit served from Discover for cc debt ( it has been 30 months since stopped paying) so now we have to consider filing 13 for him. or retiring to file 7 in 6mos. So go to see attorney Thursday. So I think we have at least 3more months in house to save more.
                      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Update checked courthouse still no summary judgement hearing date notes, just status conference feb 2013, But now He got a suit served from Discover for cc debt ( it has been 30 months since stopped paying) so now we have to consider filing 13 for him. or retiring to file 7 in 6mos. So go to see attorney Thursday. So I think we have at least 3more months in house to save more.
                        it's good you have the extra 3 months. it could even get postponed, one never knows. there is a lot to think about. i know had we chosen the 13 after what happened this year, we would have really been in a mess. i know for many it works great. we are a bit "older" and i was concerned about not being able to keep a consistant job, or, one of us getting ill, which happened. life changes daily, that's what and or why i was concerned about committing to a 13. not everone is in the same situation, so many times it will work out just perfect. it's still something to think about in the long or short term.

Comment

Thanks Tobee,
                          Yeah for sure we do not know whatelse Life will throw us.
                          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Thanks Tobee,
                            Yeah for sure we do not know whatelse Life will throw us.
                            well, i just hope it just keeps throwing you flowers! and a few bucks could help as well

Comment

Sorry I have been awol, the site isnt sending me post notifications like it used to. Anyways, glad to see things moving for everyone. Hope everyone has a great holiday week and dont stress about this stuff over the holidays.

Comment

Cory
                                Glad to hear from you. Hope all is good for you.
                                chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X