No announcement yet.

REFUNDS being Issued by Rust Consulting?? for the OCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought that could be the reason as well floridagail, but according to this one person she said it all has to with the reasoning of why. again, who knows. she also said our check was not yet sent. i actually spoke this two people. the first one from rust just did the written scrip but the other person was handling chase "people" only.

colorfull was told aug, i was told july, so its sounds like none of us is really getting solid info.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

surprised no one has mentioned that some of the checks actually bounced for awhile, because they forgot to put funds in the account...lol

Comment

Bounced for a while? They just went out last Friday (4/12/2013). The earliest anyone could cash it would be Monday. I'm confused and I don't know what to believe. On one of my Foreclosure Websites, they indicated that a person in Michigan complained, but talked about a check for $635.34 dated Sept. 5th bouncing. No check was for an uneven amount. That anecdotal incident was apparently some other $27 million dollar settlement... not this one.

From what I read is that they are not bouncing, but not being "accepted" at some banks. The banks are trying to verify them and this issue has been corrected.

Still waiting for mine!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I dunno IBroke...just saw this on MSN.... maybe it doesn't even affect you folks...

Comment

just cashed the rust check for 1k. no idea why that amount. happy as a clam!

Comment

As to the issues with cashing some of the checks early on, here is a press release from the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (I have been checking them and the OCC site daily cause I am alittle OCD that way)

The paying agent for checks being sent to borrowers under the Independent Foreclosure Review has assured the Federal Reserve Board that early problems w

Interestingly for the first 3 categories in this settlement it is possible to receive a check for an uneven amount, gotta look at the fine (thou those 3 categories cover a very small group of people)

The table contains only standard payout amounts; it does not
              include amounts for lost equity, which borrowers in the first and third categories may receive in addition to the standard
              payout amounts, or the payments calculated on a case-by-case basis in the second category.
              *Total amount received by borrower in the first and third categories listed here may differ from amount shown because of offsets resulting
              from other legal settlements.
              **Servicemembers who were charged interest rates higher than limits allowed by the SCRA Section 527 will receive payments of $300 or
              the amount overcharged and paid by the borrower, whichever is greater.

Comment

Yes I had no reason for my 2k, almost tossed it as junk mail! I am in Florida with Chase. I did actually send in the form to request and audit and the only real issue was 2 years of trying for a mod.

Comment

with us, we never returned the info. i couldn't see the loss so i thought how can i figure out what should be paid out on the claim. we were chase in nj, although we now live in florida.

although, after further research, shoot we were under quite of a few of the categories ranging from payments starting at 300 bucks to 25k. so i guess we just have to sit tight and wait it out.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by rjsdsu View Post
                    just cashed the rust check for 1k. no idea why that amount. happy as a clam!
                    It should have indicated the reason on the letter enclosed with the check. Looking at the payout categorizations, $1,000 appears to be for a person who had their modification denied (or rescinded) and did not submit their mortgage for review to Rust Consulting.

Still awaiting my check!
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I have yet to see much on how this payment will be treated in a BK13. All I have seen so far is that the trustees will be encouraged not to go after it, but they will be allowed to deal with it as they see fit. Likely it will be based on the amount.
                      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Whoopee!!! I got a Rust check for $1,000 today!!!
                        Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Got my check today for $300, since I was not expecting anything it was a pleasant suprise.

Comment

I know. I was so surprised myself.
                            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

400 from rust today

Comment

Originally posted by freeme0215 View Post
                                400 from rust today
                                Nice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X