No announcement yet.

REFUNDS being Issued by Rust Consulting?? for the OCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received $300 since my Modification was "approved".
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
      I received $300 since my Modification was "approved".
      That's about all I think I will get too.

Now that my mortgage is only 26 percent of my income I doubt any more help will come my way.
      11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Has anyone reported this money to the trustee of their 13?
        11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

My Stepdaughter in Florida, got her 300.00 today, ( Chase was their bank, and their forclosure is this month.)
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Got mine from Rust yesterday..3000.00 I still would have rather kept my house. Doesn't even scratch the surface of Bank of America's abuses of the system. Now, have to look up my ex and give her her half.

Comment

I got 400 today. I have to say this whole thing is a joke with all I been through with my foreclosure. The story is long.
              My question is now that the cat is out of the bag and truth is out in how the fraud was going on, why is BOA still reporting it to my credit?

Comment

Originally posted by deadbishop View Post
                I got 400 today. I have to say this whole thing is a joke with all I been through with my foreclosure. The story is long. My question is now that the cat is out of the bag and truth is out in how the fraud was going on, why is BOA still reporting it to my credit?
                Because you probably didn't pay, so it reflects a truth albeit influenced by outside factors. In any event, the settlement in no way prevents you from fighting with them over reporting or foreclosures or the mortgage or anything else related to your particular situation.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

justbroke....cause I probably didn't pay? Well like I said was long story and wasn't that cut and dry.
                  Had a loan mod set up that last minute got twisted. In the end had 3 solid short sale offers the bank flat out said no.

The point I am making is there is so much admitted fraud by the banks in the independent foreclosure review that based on that they should remove the trade line in addition to the 400 I got.

Comment

I wasn't trying to be flippant. What I meant was, the status of the mortgage is what it is. That the creditors (banks) bent and broke so many rules while prosecuting foreclosure lawsuits, is really immaterial. The creditors were never and still are not bound by any government program to modify any loan. Even under the current settlement, where the banks offered principal reductions, the banks will still not pay out as much as they have agreed to pay under the State settlement programs (not this particular settlement). The fact is, many people can't even afford the modified, principal reduced, forbore (is that a word?) loans because of underlying issues in the economy.

If you can come up with a good concise argument that they should remove the tradeline and put pen to paper... send it to them! I actually encourage you to do so. Perhaps you are trying to say what I'm going to say here. The $300 or whatever they settled in this Rust Consulting settlement, does not truly cure the problems that were caused. Perhaps if we all received $125,000, that might help, but there is just not that much money and not everyone was "injured" even where the paperwork was poorly handled.

FWIW, my bank put a 100% HOLD on my Rust Consulting check until Thursday! (I deposited it on Friday.) I have always had the first $100 immediately and then the next $200 the next day, and then the balance of a check within 3 business days. I guess the banks are being cautious with the checks!

Comment

Yeah same with my credit union and teller said they been getting tons of these checks.
                      I see your points but I am going to pick the mistakes BOA made with mine and show them why I got the 400 and maybe I can get them to remove it.
                      It's worth a shot.
                      Anyone else have any luck?

Comment

Got a $300 check in the mail today.
                        Filed Chapter 7: 02/18/10
                        341 Meeting: 04/02/2010
                        Discharged: 06/10/10
                        Closed: 06/10/10

Comment

My mortgage company was GMAC, looks.like we won't be getting checks anytime soon. It seems.a few lending companies did not join the settlement. Hope they settle soon.
                          8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
                          11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Has anyone still in a 13 recieved anything? A check or request for more info. Nothing here yet.

Comment

Yep still in a 13, received a $300 check from Rust for the Independent Foreclosure Review (IFR) a few weeks ago.

If you believe you should be receiving a check for the IFR (and if you got the postcard you should) then call the number on the postcard to confirm that they have your address and everything correct. (you can get the number on this page as well https://independentforeclosurereview.com/Settled.aspx ) They also should be able to confirm if your check was sent yet.

It looks like they likely still have a number of checks to send (and they state that it is expected to take till mid-July for all checks to be sent), the total for this settlement is 4.2 million people and $3.6 Billion .... as of 5/23 only 2,534,585 checks had been cashed for a total of $2.3 Billion ( http://www.occ.gov/topics/consumer-p...practices.html )

... on another note still waiting on my check from the national mortgage settlement, but those have not been sent yet. The National Mortgage Settlement is separate ( thou also run by Rust) and covers a smaller group. For this one you would have had to have sent in a claim form to be part of the settlement. http://nationalmortgagesettlement.com/

Comment

I guess I will have to call again. Last time I ran out of time so had to hang up. So if you received a check while in a 13 then that may not be the trigger causing the delay, but could be one part of it. I will call again.

I am not part of the NMS, and thanks for posting all the info.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X