Creditors Contact Script

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors Contact Script

Does anyone have a script or template or suggestion for making contact with our current creditors? We are organizing our debts and reaching out to them as we are required to provide a current statement with the paperwork we turn in and I don't want to say too much and I don't want to say too little.

ie " Hello, This is Ivory, may I have your name and or identify information please" "I'm calling to notify you on account number xxx that I would like a recent statement faxed, emailed or mailed to xxx" " Can you please note my account as filing bankruptcy and this is my attorneys contact information xxx" " please suspend all calls and or contacts with me directly and forward all inquiries to him thank you for your time"

TIA
    ~You should always check the source otherwise its just a Tabloid"~Tahnya

Just ask them for a current statement. You don't have to explain why you need it.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thanks! ;)

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
      Just ask them for a current statement. You don't have to explain why you need it.
      ~You should always check the source otherwise its just a Tabloid"~Tahnya

Comment

Also, until you have actually filed and obtained your case number, it is NOT in your interest to tell creditors about your plans to declare bankruptcy. Telling them that you're planning to file doesn't give you any protection from aggressive collections tactics, and won't have the desired effect of making your creditors leave you alone. Once you actually file, then suddenly you have a powerful legal tool at your disposal (the automatic stay) which will make your creditors leave you alone promptly.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X