About to pay the taxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About to pay the taxes

Hey everyone. Soooo... First day at work last year, I was laid off before I even walked in the door. Fine by me! Just cut me that check and I'll be on my merry way, goodbye to that caustic relationship! I had two job interviews lined up. First one was a disaster; at the end they asked, do you have any questions for us? I bit my tongue as I mumbled, yeah... where's the exit? Second one, same company, went very well, nailed it. I received severance for 3.5 months, and was unemployed for one month. Dates are approximate. While doing taxes last year I ran a look-ahead estimate for taxes we would owe. We saved up etc. and are about to pay. Here's the sad irony. We'll be paying $1114, and we have saved up $1115.84!! So, we will have remaining in that account, $1.84. LOL!! So yeah I am feeling ever so slightly ambivalent right about now. That's ok. We pay the bill, then we just keep earning. Less than two years to go now, then onward and upward (North by Northwest most likely, know what I mean?) Aright, I'm out.

You had enough to pay the bill and that's great...i'm cheering for you as you head towards the finish line!!!
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

What's the saying... the more you earn, the more you pay? Or what that, the cost of living is always the same; all you've got.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Speaking of taxes: I took advice (when I thought I could actually handle all this debt) and reduced the amount of taxes being withheld from my check. Now I owe $3,000 for Kansas and about that same for federal. OUCH. It seems I keep getting slammed every time I think I'm doing okay. Is there light at the end of this neverending tunnel?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X