Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advanced PACER searches

Is there a way to look for the following:

1) All cases with a certain debtor's attorney.
    2) All adversary proceedings before a certain judge.
    3) All motions for an order to show cause before a certain judge or any judge in the same district.

Thanks.

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
    Is there a way to look for the following:
    1) All cases with a certain debtor's attorney.
    2) All adversary proceedings before a certain judge.
    3) All motions for an order to show cause before a certain judge or any judge in the same district.
    1. Yes - input attorney's name under Query. Be careful. If the attorney has been around a while or operates a bk mill, your search may turn up many, many pages of cases which could cost you some money. If you do this at the court's location, there will not be a charge.

2. Not that I am aware of.

3. Not that I am aware of.

Des.

Comment

As des writes, the best place to do this type of open-ended search, which will generate open-ended billing based on the page count and can be very significant, is in one of two locations. Either a public law-library, or at the U.S. District or Bankruptcy Court to use the free terminals. Also take note that printing at those public terminal locations is also very expensive, so if you do intend to use this for research, it's probably a good thing to bring something to take notes of the case numbers and the specific docket entry (numbers) to retrieve quickly at a later time for printing/saving.

Here's my $0.02 and for what my opinion is worth. I did something similar to what you want to do and spent over $110.00 in PACER charges really quickly. It was not even useful for my specific case. All it did was provide me with a lot of "formatting" and motion practice history, but other than educating me on motion practice and how to frame my motion, it was an actual waste of money.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I've done the BK court terminals pre-Covid19 and took pictures with my phone. That was going to be my main venue for these searches since it appears my court is still available for a physical visit to file pleadings although they prefer electronic or mail filing. Interesting they allow ch7 pro se electronic filing but not 13 probably due to the foreclosure stoppage folks serial filing.

Although I'd like AP cases with similar topics, even decisions on unrelated AP would be helpful so I can get into his head and get win/loss chances.

Comment

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
          I've done the BK court terminals pre-Covid19 and took pictures with my phone.
          Pre-Covid. . . your right. . . didn't think about that. Can't wait for the world to get back to "normal".

Des.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X