Stimulus money is arriving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We haven't received ours. My husband was able to put in
    our info on line (including bank routing no. info) but later he was told he had logged in too many times in 24 hours. No info on when the auto deposit may take place. So we may have to wait for the mailed ones. No telling how many weeks that will take LOL! The funny thing is we received an IRS direct deposit refund into our bank account last year . This year we owed and have already paid. I'm not sure why our info was not current, but the IRS did say we were each eligible for the stimulus money. So we will see!
    Last edited by Barbisi; 04-17-2020, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Hi @Barbsi - I think the IRS website is still glitching. If your husband was able to put the banking info in...the system should *cross fingers* generate a an auto deposit. I think checking the status everyday (only once or twice) might shed light on when you'll get your money. I hope you are doing well.
      Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
      Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thank you, Sophieanne!
        As for how we are doing, please read my other post of today.

Comment

Barbisi I agree maybe in a few days your husband can check again. Maybe it went through. I did ours last night and when I check it says something like the payment will be deposited in xxxx account. There's a statement that they only update the site once a day.
          I am not an expert. I just share my experiences in the Wonderful Wacky World of Chapter 13! Filed 3-30-18 Confirmed 7-11-18 Discharged 6-8-22

Comment

Carmella that’s good news 😀
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

I haven't got mine ... mine still says "payment status not available". From what I'm told, its because I owe them money every year and they haven't like put me in this new thing or something.... I dunno...but its just infuriating.

Comment

NoMoney30 ..I’ve heard they are still working through issues. You should be in the system even if you’ve owed money in the past. Hopefully there will be guidance soon..I can imagine how frustrated you are
                Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Are they still doing automatic deposit? I think that stopped last week.
                  My husband put all the info in last week and we just stopped checking on the IRS website. We will probably get a paper check sometime in June or July after the May layoff. For some reason we are among those who fell through the cracks,even though we filed electronically through Turbo Tax, paid taxes owed this year and received a refund in 2019 for 2018. Perhaps it is Turbo Tax's fault - I read something about people not getting their stimulus if they used Turbo tax to file!
                  O well, another day in BK13 Hell! LOL

Comment

@Barbsi - if your husband input all the info you should still on the list to receive an auto deposit. They have a system of payments they are working through. I would just keeping the website to see if it shows a date. May take a little time, but I'ld keep checking it. I think the Turbo tax issue has more to do with Turbo tax having had your deposit info as opposed to the IRS. Take care
                    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Thank you sophieanne, just a little peeved!
                      Depending on how things go, this money may be used as a mortgage payment or may be the property of the trustee LOL! And if we're really lucky we will save it and probably put it toward home needed home repairs!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X