Paypal and Amazon Accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal and Amazon Accounts

If you have a paypal and Amazon account do they restrict your access or do they just restrict access to the credit portion of the site. I still want my paypal to be connected to my debit card and bank account and to be able to make purchases on Amazon with my same account. I realize that the ability to use both credit lines/cards will be discontinued once I file.

I would think your accounts would stay open...but when go to pay; your current payment source would decline and you would have to add a new payment account.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

You should still have complete access. The PayPal credit products are just payment options for PayPal itself. So the PayPal account would be unaffected by the loss of any particular credit card or PayPal branded credit product. (For example, PayPal Credit is actually a Synchrony product.)

Amazon would love for you to continue to buy things, so the fact that an Amazon credit product is no longer useful, would not affect your ability to continue to use your Amazon shopping account.

At least that has been my experience. I have only discharged an old PayPal credit product but still have the same account from 2003 (may have been earlier).
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X