Credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Credit report

Hi, I am new to this forum ... hope I am posting correctly...Question... ch 7 no asset, discharged and closed in June 2020. My credit report reflected everything correctly. Signed up with credit karma. Looking this morning and American Express ( had the card 26 years) removed my account and lowered my score even more. I was under the impression that it was suppose to stay for 10 years?? why do you think they removed the account so early?

Welcome to BKForum.

Yes, that's an issue with the FICO scoring model (and others) when it comes to old accounts being removed. It changes your Average Age of Accounts (AAoA) -- and some other factors -- that actually help your score.

Whether or not a creditor wants to continue to report or remove a tradeline from the credit report, is up to that creditor. Some creditors, like American Express, just don't want to get into any trouble at all and just send a notice to the bureaus to simply remove the item. You may find other creditors keep the item reporting, where some others, like AMEX, will remove the item to avoid any mishaps.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks justbroke, i was hoping you would answer me.

Comment

It's a pain as AMEX was/is one of my oldest accounts (member since 1989). It reports on one of my reports but it disappeared on the other two. The FICO model is precarious at best. You could have a collection from 4 years ago on your report, that is actually helping your score (because of that AAoA).
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Me three; AMEX was also my oldest card; had it since 1981 and it disappeared almost as soon as my discharge came through.
          Latent car nut.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X