How to get a personal loan while in Chapter 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get a personal loan while in Chapter 13

My husband and I HVAC Systems went out one after the other ( we have 2). We received 4 quotes and we submitted the lowest one to the Bankruptcy court and was approved to take on the debt for financing and now we can’t get approved for the financing due to the Bankruptcy on our credit. Just wondering if some one has any suggestions. We are sweltering from this heat. Thanks

In Florida, there are companies that technically lease the A/C system. Perhaps there is a similar company in Arkansas?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Have you tried a portable A/C? They go up t0 14K BTU/hr (i.e., 7/6 of a "ton"), and only cost about $500.

In any case, summer in Arkansas is almost over.

Comment

Laustinprice, I certainly can understand your frustration!
        We managed to cobble enough together to patch our 40+year old swap cooler to combat the brutal Colorado summer of dry heat, endless sun and toxic smoke. But as the frigid mountain winter is about to poke its icy head, we fear our 30+ year old furnace is about to die for good, and per your experience, we doubt we could obtain any credit to replace it. Since we are only 5 payments away from freedom, our plan for now is to try to survive on space heaters alone if the furnace doesn't work when turned on again until February when our last payment will have posted.
        As joshuagraham mentioned above, summer should be over soon in Arkansas.(I lived there while attending college, so I remember the mild autumns/ winters.)
        How are you fixed on a furnace? I hope yours is in better health than ours. LOL!
        But more importantly, how far are you from being done with this?
        Wishing you lots of luck in getting through the winters and summers to come.

Comment

I spent months saving for it. Never saw financing as a viable solution since no mainstream creditor will not preapprove me on unsecured cards. It went out in July. Saved up until November. We had two portable A/C to gut it through. I would not recommend portable A/C as a long term solution. Replaced the furnace at the same time. It would have been a long savings program if the AC didn't die during the Year of Stimulus. As others have said, summer is nearly over. Save like a madman during the cooler months.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X