planning or plotting.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planning or plotting.?

im probably filing a 7 withing the next 60 days... i wanted to by my 88 year old mom a power chair before my bk... when i talked to the company, they said that if i filed out a credit app, it would be good for 60 days... currently if have good credit, but only for anothe week or so....

if i were to fill out a loan app now and buy it for her in 60 days after the filing , would this be a big problem?.... i figured it probably would, but i thought i would get a second opinion as to the ramifications....
    "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Don't do it at this time. Check also to see if Medicare and/or any other insurance your mother may have will supply the chair for her - if it is needed, she can obtain one, depending on coverage. There are also other sources that can help provide power chairs for seniors or rent them out.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

ive exhausted most avenues.. because she is able to walk a short distance, they wont authorize one....
      just for the sake of discussion (god knows i dont want to do anything illegal), if the lawyer has already run my credit report, how would anyone know?
      "it looks like i picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue"! [McKroskey, airplane]

Comment

Originally posted by floridian View Post
        ive exhausted most avenues.. because she is able to walk a short distance, they wont authorize one....
        just for the sake of discussion (god knows i dont want to do anything illegal), if the lawyer has already run my credit report, how would anyone know?
        The creditor, from whom you would have purchased the chair on credit, will know. If they are local... they'll probably show up at your 341 to protest.

If this will be a Chapter 7, and the Chair is secured debt (probably), then you may be able to re-affirm it during your Chapter 7 and be done.

If I were your creditor, in this case, I would motion to make this a non-dischargeable debt... given its close proximity to filing and you being insolvent at the time.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

i wouldnt want it discharged, i would make timely payments...i would think the chair company wouldnt even have to know you were in bk, as long as they are getting paid..
          Last edited by floridian; 12-20-2008, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by floridian View Post
            i wouldnt want it discharged, i would make timely payments...i would think the chair company would even have to know, as long as they are getting paid..
            Certainly something to discuss with your BK lawyer. I would ask about needing to purchase a chair for medical reasons and that you'd re-affirm it.

Who knows.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

If you have a known debt, whether it is on your report or not you have to include it in the bK. I would go ahead and purchase the chair asap and then when you file, include an intent to reaffirm the debt.
              Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X