Audit please write me someone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audit please write me someone

OMGOSH.....I went to see lawyer today to do last of papers. We filed on June12th 09 341 July 20th 09. He sits there and tells me I'm being audited. I almost freaked out. Needless to say I'm a nervous wreck. These need to be done and back to them in Tennesse by July 10th.They want all wage stubs 7 months prior to file date. Divorce decree and settlemnet papers and anything I got in it, all bank statements 6 months explaining any deposits of more than 500.00. My lawyer said it is just a random thing and that it won't effect my hearing date, but if not done I could get dismissed. PLEASE PLEASE someone write to me if this has happened. Did you get through it?? Man, I'm a poor single mom with a monthly income of 1647.00....I freaking lost my job last month too.
    filed June 12,09
    341 July 20,09
    deadline to object Sept 18,09

First, while I haven't gone through it, others have gone through it. Do you know specifically if you're being audited as part of the standard 1 in 1,000 audit, or were you selected because the U.S. Trustee has found your case interesting.

Since you say that your lawyer indicated it's a "random thing"... then it's just the standard random third-party audit. Nothing to even get concerned over. You just need to comply with the documentation requests.

Don't lose sleep over this. It's normal. They are just trying to make sure that, generally, people are completing the forms correctly and that the process is being followed. If you were honest... no worries. In this type of audit, they aren't even looking to "get" people, it's just a third party that validates about 1 in 1,000 cases. Even if they find something, you and your lawyer can challenge it or you just update the petition.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Justbroke... I have been working on this all evening. He did say it was a random thing. The paper he gave me says at the top US Dept of Justice. The company is out of Louisville Kentucky...I thought it was TN. I'm sending it to them when I'm done.It say I could get dismissed if I don't do it. Oh...there is a note at the back of paper saying every 1 in 1000 cases get audited and mine has. It says the info I provide in connection with my case is subject to examination by the Attorney General or his designee. I'm so afraid. I don't want to get dismissed.I did get money in a divorce settlement in 07....like 14000.00...but that went to pay more bills and my divorce Lawyer. Will that even matter???? OMG
      filed June 12,09
      341 July 20,09

Comment

You know...what about these statments when it got close to filing...my Lawyer said to take out any deposits right as soon as you get them deposited. Si, I have 6 months worth of statements and the last 3 you can see where I've taken the money out or don't it matter that I have taken it out.....it's my account???
        filed June 12,09
        341 July 20,09

Comment

Originally posted by denisejohn65 View Post
          You know...what about these statments when it got close to filing...my Lawyer said to take out any deposits right as soon as you get them deposited. Si, I have 6 months worth of statements and the last 3 you can see where I've taken the money out or don't it matter that I have taken it out.....it's my account???
          Don't worry about the audit. It is what it is at this point. Just give them the paperwork they request. These "audits" usually don't amount to anything. It's not about you, it's about the process and the system.

As for money spent, so long as you spent it on living expenses, lawyers, etc... no one is going to care. If you get asked questions about the $14K... well, you spent it on your lawyer, housing, food, medicine, etc. Absolutely proper in any circumstance.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I could just cry again......whoops.....I'm crying now!!! sorry...... thank you for talking to me.
            filed June 12,09
            341 July 20,09

Comment

Well, come back anytime with any questions. There are a lot of us on here who may not have been through the audit, but have been through this process.

Comment

Just giving you a hug. Do as Justbroke says and I am sure you will be fine.
                Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
                341 Meeting 6/5/09
                Discharged 8/5/09
                Case Closed 8/6/09

Comment

Hang tough and it will be done and over.

Everyone is sending you hugs!!!!
                  Filed 5/27/09
                  341 7/2/09
                  341 held
                  Discharge and closed 9/4/09

Comment

Thank you so much.......I thank god I have my BF to help me with this stuff! Thank you all for your kindness
                    filed June 12,09
                    341 July 20,09

Comment

Do you think is is strange that I'm being audited before my 341 or not???
                      filed June 12,09
                      341 July 20,09

Comment

Do you think is is strange that I'm being audited before my 341 or not???
                        You're thinking too much into this. I really want you to have a good night's rest!

You were selected for auditing as soon as your case was filed. It is totally random and is 1 in 1,000 filings. You were just the lucky number that came up.

This audit has absolutely nothing to do with the 341 meeting, and nothing to do with you, your name, where you live, your debt or anything like that. Totally random.

Comment

Ok....do you think I will get audited agin after my 341 in July 20th? What are the chances for that??? My lawyer said I will probably be a not asset case cause I have no money.
                          filed June 12,09
                          341 July 20,09

Comment

I mean a no asset case
                            filed June 12,09
                            341 July 20,09

Comment

Ok....do you think I will get audited agin after my 341 in July 20th? What are the chances for that??? My lawyer said I will probably be a not asset case cause I have no money.
                              Trust your lawyer. If you have no money, then you have no worries. You will not be "audited" again after your 341 meeting. If anything, the U.S. Trustee could become "interested" in your case, but that's not an audit. If your lawyer indicates that you have no issues and hasn't brought up any "presumption of abuse" to you... you should sail right through!

Relax... get some rest!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X