Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate B22C!

Just wanted to vent.

Trying to fit the proverbial square peg into a round hole. This B22C is such a PITA.

You would think that since the I & J work on net income, the B22C would as well, but no, they want the gross, which is ridiculous because when the government is done with you 40-50% is what you are left with.

Augh!!!

OK, I ranted, see ya later, bye
    I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Originally posted by JimKutkowski View Post
    Just wanted to vent.

Trying to fit the proverbial square peg into a round hole. This B22C is such a PITA.

You would think that since the I & J work on net income, the B22C would as well, but no, they want the gross, which is ridiculous because when the government is done with you 40-50% is what you are left with.

Augh!!!

It's just great to see a real lawyer as frustrated as many clients get. Thanks Jim for a wonderful rant. You have uplifted all of our frustrated memories. LOL. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Just wanted to vent.

Augh!!!

Good rant, brethren.

What are you doing with a 22 C if you restrict yourself to 7s?
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Jim does 13's he passes on 7's to someone else.
        3/2/09- Filed: chapter 7 / No asset
        4/1/09- 341 Hearing: 1 creditor showed up Got to love family feuds
        4/2/09- Trustee Report of No Distribution Filed
        6/24/09- Discharged and case closed

Comment

Originally posted by DebtEnder View Post
          Jim does 13's he passes on 7's to someone else.
          That's right! I had it bass ackwards.
          Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
            That's right! I had it bass ackwards.
            I had it that way once. I couldn't walk for a week. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by MSbklawyer View Post
              Good rant, brethren.

What are you doing with a 22 C if you restrict yourself to 7s?

Actually I was asked by someone (who you can't say no to) to handle this 7 myself. The problem is will PAED follow Sorrell and Munger or will they require Unemployment income to be counted in the B22C.

Just when I said I don't do litigation I might be getting ready to do litigation. Not afraid of court, I've been there a few times and been alright, but I don't want to start something I can't finish.
              I am a Pennsylvania Eastern and Middle District Bankruptcy, FDCPA, FCRA and Foreclosure Defense attorney, information I post is based on experience in these districts. It is not legal counsel, consider it friendly counsel.

Comment

Found my likely answer, don't like it, but In re Baden 396 B.R. 617 in PA Middle District determined that unemployment is not Social Security.

I think their decision is wrong because UE is derived from the Social Security Act but the result is correct because UE runs out and is in place of income, but in my client's case she is going to retire and have to collect SSI when she retires, which is likely to happen once UE runs out.

Comment

Actually I was asked by someone (who you can't say no to) to handle this 7 myself. The problem is will PAED follow Sorrell and Munger or will they require Unemployment income to be counted in the B22C.

Just when I said I don't do litigation I might be getting ready to do litigation. Not afraid of court, I've been there a few times and been alright, but I don't want to start something I can't finish.
                  It always works that way Jim.
                  ==================================
                  Filed: 4-30-2010
                  341 Complete: 6-16-2010
                  Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

Come on... everyone say it...

I Hate The Means Test
                    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Meet with attorney #3 today, he calls it the "mean test".
                      ==================================
                      Filed: 4-30-2010
                      341 Complete: 6-16-2010
                      Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Blueboy View Post
                        Meet with attorney #3 today, he calls it the "mean test".
                        Means Test... means nothing unless you are The Mean; and you aren't.

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

WELL! One thing for sure, this thread should be made a "sticky" just to show others that lawyers do have their own frustrations and problems and at least, give an effect as looking "human". Not all lawyers fall under the "Shark" connotation.

I have known many lawyers in my years and consider two of them as friends. I now consider four of them as same. 'Hub

Comment

OMG. So they are human just like the rest of us ... Just kidding..
                            I talked to the paralegal today questioning the big jump from her estimate of my pmts and the trustees estimate, or should I say decision, on what I should pay.
                            I just loved it when she said : But you make this much money !!!! um yea ,and I have this many expenses ... ughhhhhhhhhhh
                            Just venting along with Jim.....
                            Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
                            Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
                            Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

Originally posted by klandsb View Post
                              OMG. So they are human just like the rest of us ... Just kidding..
                              I talked to the paralegal today questioning the big jump from her estimate of my pmts and the trustees estimate, or should I say decision, on what I should pay.
                              I just loved it when she said : But you make this much money !!!! um yea ,and I have this many expenses ... ughhhhhhhhhhh
                              Just venting along with Jim.....
                              HEY! If we made money, would we be here today?? I note the vast amount of "newbies". Welcome one and all. Welcome to the "NEW MIDDLE CLASS".
                              'Hub

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X