Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question Any trustees get punished

Just curious! Gossips.

Anyone who acted as trustee for their own bankruptcy: like collecting rents and paying expenses but misappropriated the funds, like stealing, not reporting....

What normally will happened! Fine, case dismissed, converted, types of prison terms...

So there are much liabilities!

I can't recall the exact case, but a Trustee was disbarred in the incident. Remember, Chapter 7 Trustees are just regular practice lawyers (hopefully bankruptcy lawyers) that have been appointed by the United States Trustee to oversee bankruptcy cases. They are fallible just like any human being. Whether their conduct rises to the level where it's criminal... I'm not sure I've seen any of those.

I think in the case I recall reading, the Trustee was using the Trustee fund as his own private piggy bank.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Here's a timely case of local trustee fraud in Florida publicized just last Friday - http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?i...ng_Sources_Say

After an investigation by the US Trustee's Office, this Ch 7 trustee was found to have more than a million dollars missing from the accounts she was controlling.

Want another one? Another Florida local trustee is currently awaiting trial for pilfering more than $2 million dollars from the accounts under his control - http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202446040841
      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Originally posted by lrprn View Post
        Want another one? Another Florida local trustee is currently awaiting trial for pilfering more than $2 million dollars from the accounts under his control - http://www.law.com/jsp/article.jsp?id=1202446040841
        That's the one I read about! Great job lrprn!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X