Almost filing date...Jitters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost filing date...Jitters?

So by now most of you know my trajectory here.

For those who don't, we have been carrying massive cc debt for almost 3 years, paying minimums and then running out of money to buy groceries, so using whatever little limit we had available from last payment, etc, etc vicious cycle. In June we realized we could not carry this on anymore and I started to look into debt management and bk options. Fast forward to end of July we interviewed and selected our attorney, stopped paying cc's literally end of July, and filing date is going to be this Friday, 8/27.

I just realized we are 24 hours away from meeting at our attorney's office for signing and 72 from filing. And I don't know if I'm getting jittery or giddy or a twisted combination. Somehow, tucked away in the back of my mind, there is a delusion that I can pull the plug on all of this, make friends with our cc's again, and continue on the way we were, there's always next month to start digging ourselves out. Now don't y'all get me wrong, ain't gonna do that, I know we're XXXXXXX to continue the way we had, hence the swift and decisive action.

Anybody else feeling or felt this twisted? Or maybe deranged....lol.
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

CCSJOE....I too had reservations about filing Chapter 13. I was unsure about which attorney to hire and I felt guilty because I really wanted to work things out a pay my debt. I begged and pleaded with my CC companies to work with me. All I got was "denied" over and over again. I humiliated myself begging those jerks. No more! I filed on 7/30/2010 and have my 341 meeting scheduled for 8/7/2010. I have never felt better. Now those blood suckers will get what the court decides they will get. I now sleep like a baby.

Comment

Yeah, I'm still getting over the guilt of not paying cc's, but it sure feels good! Now I need to get over my hangover of signing and filing.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

ccsjoe - I have been following your process here and your tight timeline intimidates the cr@p outta me. I haven't met with an attorney yet and I basically arrived at the same circumstances this summer like you. I don't have the money to pay the attorney yet and I've been sick (had surgery) so I have a few obstacles. My head would be spinning now if I were filing on Friday, but I belive it would be a huge relief.

I also think it is difficult when your credit isn't completely trashed yet. You can still trick yourself into thinking there might be some recovery. I don't even have a 60 day late (yet). But there is no way we can continue in the cycle of paying the min due and charging groceries and power bills.

I wish you the very best of luck, fortune, whathaveyou as you move forward swiftly.
        Stopped paying 8/2010, Filed 2/2011, 341 3/2011 done, Report of no distribution . . . Discharged & Closed 5/2011!

Comment

Officially signing those papers is a major turning point and there's no going back. But once that 1st payment was late, it was the same deal on a smaller scale.

We walked out of the attorney's office the day we signed feeling like a huge weight had been lifted off of our shoulders and you will, too.
          Ch. 13
          5 payments down, 55 to go

Comment

Nuh uh. I hounded my attorney to file. It's a minute possibility that a part of me was thinking I needed to keep the momentum going before I chicken out. Kmattin, you filed 7/30 and got a 341 meeting in a week? That must be a typo.
            Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

I got over my guilt when I started getting the harrassing phone calls. Even though I am unemployed I still paid them faithfully until I met with a financial advisor who told me to stop. I even used my income tax to get them down! As the financial advisor told me (prior to seeing a lawyer) I'd already probably paid them 10 times over the original cost of what I purchased.

I'm still a month or so away from filing. Good luck with yours and don't even think the cc's haven't gotten their money out of you. I'm sure they have.

Comment

october, thanks for the wishes. Yes, my credit is not trashed other than maxed out balances. Never a missed payment, never a late, not even a 30 day late by the time we file. So completely understand. One question though....why does my timeline scare the cr@ap outta you?

PS: Glad to bring people who've been following out of hiding...LOL

Comment

Your not alone, same feeling here. In the weeks prior to filing I kept asking myself "am I making the right choice?" and considered not filing. It’s tough to see what the future holds but I knew that filing was a sure thing and would sooner end the madness.

Even after filing I still sometimes ask myself if I did the right thing. Many of the questions and answers I read on this board reaffirms my choice and I find that most here are very supportive.

Comment

I hope so needanswers, how I hope so. I worry about myself once in a while...lol...but I am sure I will feel the same relief.

discouraged, I feel you there, and yes, they got the money back in spades, although it was all my fault, I swiped the cards and I afforded (or not) the lifestyle...but they got their dough back alright.

drowning....you would be like my wife...when is that %$$&# meeting, let's go, get this over with!!!!!

Comment

I think it's a tough spot to be in, you know...but you're right, once you come to grips with reality, and make your decision, this board is a great source not only of information but support. I'll let everyone know how drunk I got after signing....LOL

Comment

Good luck at the signing, csjoe. I can see feeling a big weight being lifted then. I still think it is a tough process and we all come to grips in our own time, yk?

Did everything look ok on your papers?

Comment

Good luck, Joe. Do it for the baby and her shopping cart. LOL!
                          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda123 View Post
                            Good luck at the signing, csjoe. I can see feeling a big weight being lifted then. I still think it is a tough process and we all come to grips in our own time, yk?

Did everything look ok on your papers?
                            For the most part. I had the paralegal email me the draft petition, found 17 line items that I either wanted clarification on or ahd questions or updated numbers on. Only found 3 actual errors. Those were corrected next day, got new draft on Friday, looked it over the weekend, all looked good. Just emailed attorney today to include BofA checking into creditor matrix, po'd they paid ACH's against overdraft.

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                              Good luck, Joe. Do it for the baby and her shopping cart. LOL!
                              LOL...you mean for the stuff she will put in her shopping cart!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X