No announcement yet.

Almost filing date...Jitters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good luck!! and make sure you let us know how you make out!!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

OK, so I signed. My wife signed. Funny enough my hand was shaking over handing over the check....not so much signing..LOL. Our paralegal allowed us plenty of time to go over each page one by one with him, our attorney stopped by to drive a couple points home, answer a couple advice related items and make himself available should we have further questions before finishing the paperwork, which I did. We already had a pre-341 quick prep meeting scheduled for mid-Spetember, but that's besides the point.

I (we) signed, filing is Friday, I handed over the check (begrudgingly...lol) and I'm sitting here at home with pals Jager and Johnny Walker Blue....now the wait for Friday early afternoon for our case #.......Cheers!
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
        OK, so I signed. My wife signed. Funny enough my hand was shaking over handing over the check....not so much signing..LOL. Our paralegal allowed us plenty of time to go over each page one by one with him, our attorney stopped by to drive a couple points home, answer a couple advice related items and make himself available should we have further questions before finishing the paperwork, which I did. We already had a pre-341 quick prep meeting scheduled for mid-Spetember, but that's besides the point.

I (we) signed, filing is Friday, I handed over the check (begrudgingly...lol) and I'm sitting here at home with pals Jager and Johnny Walker Blue....now the wait for Friday early afternoon for our case #.......Cheers!
        Congratulations! Let me be the first to officially welcome you to the 'club.'

Now, something very strange is going to happen within the next couple of weeks - the phone is going to quit ringing off the hook!

Filed: 6/30/2010
        341: 7/26/2010
        Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

Congrats, Joe!
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Well thank you. Thankfully for us the phone has not been ringing off the hook as we're not even 30 days past due with any of them; it was part of what we wanted to accomplish-no creditor harassment. We've only had 4 in-house calls in all since the beginning of August. Funny enough, two calls just literally came in that I got to say talk to my attorney, we are filing Friday.
            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

Hey Joe,

Congrulations! Good Luck! I've called a couple lawyers for free consults and cancelled them. I have one on Friday (tomorrow) and have all the paperwork for him. I am going to go. I need to have answers about the procedures I have to take because of the stupid cash advance I took. I think I'm still in denial about it. I'm current on all cc's and mortgage and credit score is middles 700's I think. My husband is like 780. I feel like I let all down but nothing I can do. I'm holding off paying any cc's till I talk to the attorney in case he says I can file sooner if I pay some of the Cash Advance back. I just need some answers no going to cancel.

As for the Pacer, I'm thinking now that I am NOT going to check on it. It's bad enough that I'm reading on this site a couple times a day. It's an obsession right now. lol I don't think I need to obsess on another thing. lol I'm going to try not to log on.

Everyone's posts have been helpful to me and I hope eventually I may be able to put someone's mind at ease a little as I go through my process.

Still in denial! lol Even though husband got denied SSDI and waiting on appeal and can't afford all bills.

Thank you Joe for your posts and Congratulations!!!

Comment

goo dmronign joe!! and congrats...you and yours will be just fine...

we did the exact same thing when we filed...and had just missed one payment before the notice of the bk was sent the cc's...it really helped keep down the calls...although we liked them....lol!! just to mess with them.

it's like the OLDER you become the less "scared" one is. i'm not saying there was no guilt or shame...after all...we have tons of vowels in our last name...so guilt and shame just go with bread and butter!! it was a "mixed" bag to say the least...relief, but still a bit scary...

it's fianally DONE....so sit back...time to bring out jack and his friends and go along for the ride. it will be smooth i'm sure!
                8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by 2bdebtfree View Post
                  Hey Joe,

Congrulations! Good Luck! I've called a couple lawyers for free consults and cancelled them. I have one on Friday (tomorrow) and have all the paperwork for him. I am going to go. I
                  Still in denial! lol Even though husband got denied SSDI and waiting on appeal and can't afford all bills.

Thank you Joe for your posts and Congratulations!!!
                  Thanks 2bdebt. Keeping the first appointment was definitely one of the hardest steps in this process, it started making it real and forcing me to come to terms with how messed up we are/were.

You'll be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                    goo dmronign joe!! and congrats...you and yours will be just fine...

we did the exact same thing when we filed...and had just missed one payment before the notice of the bk was sent the cc's...it really helped keep down the calls...although we liked them....lol!! just to mess with them.

it's like the OLDER you become the less "scared" one is. i'm not saying there was no guilt or shame...after all...we have tons of vowels in our last name...so guilt and shame just go with bread and butter!! it was a "mixed" bag to say the least...relief, but still a bit scary...

it's fianally DONE....so sit back...time to bring out jack and his friends and go along for the ride. it will be smooth i'm sure!
                    Thanks tobee, looking forward to a smooth ride. Called BofA this morning and told them to call my attorney...LOL. All my rowdy friends are coming over tonight...LOL

Comment

ditto

WOW..ditto to all 54 posts. In june finally made the phone calls(thanks to Newbe2). After picking up the phone and dialing and hanging up B4 anyone answered...many times!!!
                      Had my signing last friday and next monday attorney is filing. When my attorney came into his office i was sitting there crying...told him i was already a mess before we even started. He calmly assured me that it was going to all be OK.
                      Came home after the meeting and S.O. asked how it went. Said that i was having ice cream for dinner. After living on Pepto and Advil for the last 2 months.
                      I guess the reality still hasn't sunk in yet. My Attorney was in town for another signing and in court for the afternoon with clients. Went and watched for a few hrs. Meetings were in the city council room.
                      He was right....IM gonna B OK.
                      Best to all who are in the same boat.
                      Last edited by oregonpilot; 08-26-2010, 09:23 AM. Reason: clarifying a sentence
                      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Thanks tobee, looking forward to a smooth ride. Called BofA this morning and told them to call my attorney...LOL. All my rowdy friends are coming over tonight...LOL
                        HOW GREAT did that feel!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oregonpilot View Post
                          WOW..ditto to all 54 posts. In june finally made the phone calls(thanks to Newbe2). After picking up the phone and dialing and hanging up B4 anyone answered...many times!!!
                          Had my signing last friday and next monday attorney is filing. When my attorney came into his office i was sitting there crying...told him i was already a mess before we even started. He calmly assured me that it was going to all be OK.
                          Came home after the meeting and S.O. asked how it went. Said that i was having ice cream for dinner. After living on Pepto and Advil for the last 2 months.
                          I guess the reality still hasn't sunk in yet. My Attorney was in town for another signing and in court for the afternoon with clients. Went and watched for a few hrs. Meetings were in the city council room.
                          He was right....IM gonna B OK.
                          Best to all who are in the same boat.
                          Yes Oregon, he is right. U will be ok. Thanks for sharing. I signed yesterday...filing tomorrow. Reality is sinking in hard and fast now. I will be saving over 1200/month alone by having stopped cc payments...that's real right there!

Comment

HOW GREAT did that feel!!!!
                            Mixed feelings actually. I loved my banking with them, especially their technolgy platform, however after what they did by pushing me into overdraft by choosing to pay ACHs of over 200 with 1.41 balance (lol) I had it. I opened accounts at US Bank with the intent of one day returning to BofA. Not anymore. So now no more mixed feelings. No more Nascar banking but oh well...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                              Mixed feelings actually. I loved my banking with them, especially their technolgy platform, however after what they did by pushing me into overdraft by choosing to pay ACHs of over 200 with 1.41 balance (lol) I had it. I opened accounts at US Bank with the intent of one day returning to BofA. Not anymore. So now no more mixed feelings. No more Nascar banking but oh well...LOL
                              i hear you on that....now...some friends are coming over tonight....can you lend me you cc so i can catch the first flight out...??? LOL

i have stories about B of A...that would even curl the head of a bald person.

Comment

i hear you on that....now...some friends are coming over tonight....can you lend me you cc so i can catch the first flight out...??? LOL

i have stories about B of A...that would even curl the head of a bald person.
                                I haven't cut up the cc's yet and there is one that's got about $70 available that's not even late yet...you can have that one...LOL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X