Almost filing date...Jitters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
    october, thanks for the wishes. Yes, my credit is not trashed other than maxed out balances. Never a missed payment, never a late, not even a 30 day late by the time we file. So completely understand. One question though....why does my timeline scare the cr@ap outta you?

PS: Glad to bring people who've been following out of hiding...LOL
    Because a lot of members have been here for a while and still not filed (I might wind up in that camp), you had your aha moment around the same time I did and you are doing it!! I just didn't realize it could happen so fast, once you put the wheels in motion. Scarey, but I'm envious for sure.

Due to personal (family) issues I don't know if I can file unti Nov even if I get the attorney fee saved and paperwork together.
    Stopped paying 8/2010, Filed 2/2011, 341 3/2011 done, Report of no distribution . . . Discharged & Closed 5/2011!

Comment

That's right, Joe. LOL.
      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by october99 View Post
        Because a lot of members have been here for a while and still not filed (I might wind up in that camp), you had your aha moment around the same time I did and you are doing it!! I just didn't realize it could happen so fast, once you put the wheels in motion. Scarey, but I'm envious for sure.
        Hey that's just me....call me b@lls to the wall Joe you know. I know of no other way than all the way....lol
        Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
        AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Between deciding to file and actually filing took me 2 weeks. My finances were so messed up that I didn't need to do any preparation. I couldn't take living like I don't have a job anymore. I'm working and can't afford anything. What was the use?
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
            Between deciding to file and actually filing took me 2 weeks. My finances were so messed up that I didn't need to do any preparation. I couldn't take living like I don't have a job anymore. I'm working and can't afford anything. What was the use?
            There you go, that's what we realized. It only took me two months to have the guts to actually keep one of the free consults I scheduled...I blew off three...lol

BTW, it's so pathetically obvious I'm a princess's daddy huh?
            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

Sorry folks, filed 7/30/2010 and 341 meeting scheduled 9/7/2010.

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                This is how we felt too. You are saying exactly what my husband said. It was so crazy, but honestly, didn't see a way out. When my husband asked if we could just stop paying the cards (1600) a month, I looked at him like he had 3 heads. It took me a little longer to come around.

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda123 View Post
                  This is how we felt too. You are saying exactly what my husband said. It was so crazy, but honestly, didn't see a way out. When my husband asked if we could just stop paying the cards (1600) a month, I looked at him like he had 3 heads. It took me a little longer to come around.
                  I completely understand. We had a pregnancy scare in June and I casually told my wife well, if it is, then we'll file BK so we can afford health care...and that's when it hit like a ton of bricks. My wife wrapped her head around it a lot quicker than me though...I made several free consult appointments and kept canceling them because it wasn't real, we weren't that messed up. And at the end of July I kept the free consults, couldn't see a way out. Once that happened, it was "go go go".

Signing docs today!!!! Do I need a couple shots before signing to steady my hand, or after signing, or both...hehehe.

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                    BTW, it's so pathetically obvious I'm a princess's daddy huh?
                    Yes, for sure. LOL. And I'm a prince's mommy. I hope you feel the relief I felt after signing.

Comment

We filed in October 09 after drowning in a sinking mortgage and credit card debt. I cannot tell you how light our shoulders are. The relief that comes from not drowning under the weight of debt is incredible. We too were never late on ANYTHING. Never missed a mortgage payment, CC payment, nothing. When no one would help refi our house, and after being denied a loan mod, we realized we were in revolving door. We had to get out and after much prayer and talks, we new what we had to do. We will NEVER again get ourselves into that situation. We are renting now and getting money into our savings. We are happier, our children are happier, and we are living what we have known all along, No Credit cards = happiness!!!!! I know we will buy a home again, but perhaps we can be one of those rare people that save enough to have a good down payment, or even enough to buy it outright.

Comment

joe, joe, joe!!!!!!

you have planned everything so carefully...you have approached this situation in an intelligent, mindful way.

it is a scary uncharted adventure to say the least. but, you will be so relieved after this is done!

you have been there for so many and help them through their uncertainty. i wish you the best...and the BEST will happen for you!
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                          you have planned everything so carefully...you have approached this situation in an intelligent, mindful way.

you have been there for so many and help them through their uncertainty. i wish you the best...and the BEST will happen for you!
                          tobee,

planned everything..err wouldn't really give myself that much credit. Seems to me this all is happening as a bunch of fly by the seat of my pants educated guessing with a lot of research...lol mouthful.

Thank you for the wishes, I hope the same for you. I also hope others here have felt that I made a difference in some way; this forum certainly has made a difference for me.

Comment

well, actually, i think you have also made a difference for many as well...

we'll ALL be here for you!!!
                            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I can relate to your situation. I had excellent credit and had never been late, but when it came down to choosing between keeping a roof over my head and paying the CCs, guess who won? I tried to stay afloat for many years thinking that maybe I will get a job or business would pick up, so I can get out of this mess, but it never happened. I felt like I was in quicksand.

It was hard to miss that first payment, but it did get easier. When I decided to file I kept questioning myself, have I tried everything I could to avoid filing? Now I can say I have. I think the time before filing is the hardest. I felt relieved after signing the documents. My attorney said she would probably file on July 27 or 28 (it didn't matter to me). During that time I had this surreal feeling--is this really happening, I never thought I would be in bk land. Part of me felt relieved because after months of preparation I was finally filing, but then there was that feeling of oh sh*t, I can't back out now! Ironically, she didn't file until the 30th, so by then I was over it and glad to have it started!

CCSJoe, congratulations on taking that next step towards a fresh start. I hope the process goes smoothly for you.
                              Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
                              341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
                              Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by kartoons19 View Post
                                During that time I had this surreal feeling--is this really happening, I never thought I would be in bk land. Part of me felt relieved because after months of preparation I was finally filing, but then there was that feeling of oh sh*t, I can't back out now! .
                                I think you've summed up exactly where my mind is at right now. It ain't real, we ain't that messed up, there ain't no going back.....oh sh*t!!!!

Seriously though, my attorney files electronically and will file on Friday. That being the case, and I never thought to ask him this, what exactly am I signing today???

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X