And of course the unexpected happens...possible job offer pre 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
    Great, had everything panned out, all ducks in a row, everything fitting properly...and now, out of the blue a very large financial institution called me out of the blue, did a prescreen this monring and already has me set up, with hiring manager's ok, for a management final interview and assessment this Monday at 7 am. Two days before my 341. I was informed if the management team gives me a thumbs up and the assessment is ok, I will receive a phone offer wihtin 24 hours, contingent upon background check, securities licenses, etc, etc. Oh crap. That would get me the offer on Tuesday, 1 day prior to the 341. Would it materially change my means test and schedules...yes, and unfortunately, it would screw me over. On top of everything, I have not disclosed that I am in the middle of an active bankruptcy filing either-not that I have been asked anything other than employment related information about my background. As I said, oh crap. Not sure I'm looking for an answer here....well, I guess I am...I can try to reschedule the interview, but in this economy that would be simply stupid as I've been trying to get out of my current job for over a year. Oh well, suggestions anyone?

Thanks
    wow....how in the world did i miss this thread!!! (too much grey goose).

OH!!! and since i'm soooooooooo late on this thread....glad it worked out!!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

And BK comes up...

So went in last Monday for the rescheduled interview & testing, got a call 45 minutes later telling me I did great and schedule final interview, which we did for this morning. At the end of the interview I was told next step will be background check, and if that clears, we can talk about offers. "Do you have any potential red flags on your background that you'd like to disclose at this time?" So I did. Manager said she would talk to HR, but wanted to get over the hurdle. HR just called me, said in the past BK has not been a precluding condition for employment, but will be looked at by the hiring panel as part of my total package; let's proceed with the application, etc etc. Props to you for disclosing it so upfront, that will be seen very favorably, etc. We'll see how this rolls.

But bottom line, this is a securities industry position in a very prominent company that usually demands exemplary personal conduct from its associates, so if I can get past this with them, BK is just not the big scarlet letter it used to be.

Message to all: Don't give up hope just because you filed. And don't be afraid to disclose it at the right moment either.
      Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
      AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

Good luck! The first thing I thought, actually, was that BK's are terrible on your record if you are looking for a job in the financial industry. I'll be interested in seeing how this all turns out. You've made it this far.
        Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
        Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
        60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

Thanks for the update joe!! Keep us posted - and good luck!
          Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

Originally posted by NowImDownInIt View Post
            Good luck! The first thing I thought, actually, was that BK's are terrible on your record if you are looking for a job in the financial industry. I'll be interested in seeing how this all turns out. You've made it this far.
            That's what I thought too. But we'll see. These applications only ask about criminal and misconduct info. I do know, for example, that filing BK precludes you from being a CFP for 5 years. But since I'm going for different licensing requirements maybe it'll be ok.

We shall see!
            Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10

Comment

Joe, I'm still reading your messages, which are great. Congratulations on the new offer and sharing about your experience with the bankruptcy. You have a great spirit!

Comment

Good luck from me too....
                it will work out just the way it's pose to. hummm....that reminds me, i haven't checked in with MR pacer all week. WOW
                filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                  So went in last Monday for the rescheduled interview & testing, got a call 45 minutes later telling me I did great and schedule final interview, which we did for this morning. At the end of the interview I was told next step will be background check, and if that clears, we can talk about offers. "Do you have any potential red flags on your background that you'd like to disclose at this time?" So I did. Manager said she would talk to HR, but wanted to get over the hurdle. HR just called me, said in the past BK has not been a precluding condition for employment, but will be looked at by the hiring panel as part of my total package; let's proceed with the application, etc etc. Props to you for disclosing it so upfront, that will be seen very favorably, etc. We'll see how this rolls.

But bottom line, this is a securities industry position in a very prominent company that usually demands exemplary personal conduct from its associates, so if I can get past this with them, BK is just not the big scarlet letter it used to be.

Message to all: Don't give up hope just because you filed. And don't be afraid to disclose it at the right moment either.
                  Congratulations - here's hoping you make it through the remainder of the hiring process proceeds with success!

I'm actually suppose to get final word within the next week on whether I have been hired by the IRS. I figured the bankruptcy might be a problem with them - when I discussed it with the HR person before having my background check done, she said in the role I would be hired into, they were much more concerned with garnishments than about bankruptcy. In her words - "you can have debt, you can have debt problems - but when wages start getting garnished or your tax refunds are held back for federal debt, that's when we start looking at separation or non-hire." What this means for me: I would have been in a whole lot worse shape if I hadn't filed bankruptcy from a hiring standpoint where they are concerned. She was very sympathetic when I went over the stroke and everything that led to the bankruptcy (which I had documented on my hiring forms), and said that it was very good that I was getting my life back together after an experience like that.
                  Filed: 6/30/2010
                  341: 7/26/2010
                  Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

Good luck to you as well wondering. I'll keep everyone posted. I think it says a lot to many people if one of us can get a securities job while going through active BK.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X