342 meeting saved me from ticket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

342 meeting saved me from ticket

We got pulled over 2 minutes after leaving 341 meeting. There was no way this cop was giving us a warning. But, I showed him my paperwork that I brought to the 341 meeting and explained to him that we were in the middle of a bk and could not afford a ticket. He paused for a minute and thought about it. Then he let us go! Yeah!

LOL ironman, incidentally how did the meeting go? By the way what kind of meeting is a 342????? (look at your title)
    Stopped paying: 08/10, Filed CH7: 08/27/10 , 341 & No Asset Report: 10/6/10, Last day to object: 12/06/10, Discharged: 12/07/10, Closed: 12/08/10
    AHEM.....NOT AN ATTORNEY, NOT ADVICE, ETC, ETC

Comment

LOL!! he was most likely at the same court building as you...... yesterday......
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Note to self: self... always carry 341 Meeting and Bankruptcy Petition at all times.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
          Note to self: self... always carry 341 Meeting and Bankruptcy Petition at all times.
          Too funny JB...

Glad you didnt get a ticket ironman60 ;)

Comment

Congratulations on not getting the ticket.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Good thing you didn't get a ticket!

I don't think your technique would work here. The cop would probably say something like "Driving slower will save you gas money. Here's a reminder" as he writes up the ticket.
              This post does not constitute legal advice. If you use my advice in place of a lawyer, God help you.

Comment

Originally posted by ccsjoe View Post
                LOL ironman, incidentally how did the meeting go? By the way what kind of meeting is a 342????? (look at your title)
                It's the one they tell you to go to when they don't want you coming to their 341 party. Diversionary tactic. :-)

Congrats on getting out of the ticket. LOL.. The last time I got out of a ticket was in 2008 when I got fired and I was driving home crying.. I had my box of office supplies in my passenger seat and they told me good luck on the job search..

Slow down! This won't work next time and you still won't be able to afford the ticket.
                Last edited by NowImDownInIt; 10-21-2010, 03:53 PM.
                Disclaimer: Young, NOT Dumb.(._.) The plan: $480 monthly for 60 months at 100%. 07/12/08
                Motion to Discharge: FILED!! 08/07/13
                60 down/0 to go \m/(*.*)\m/ 100% complete!

Comment

WHAT? No one knows what a 342 is?

For future reference, a 342 meeting is what occurs after a successful 341. It entails four bottles of Cooks Champagne, and two glasses. Need I say more? 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Congrats! He probably understood your speeding...wanting to get away from there as fast as possible!

Comment

No one can afford a ticket! I have not gotten a ticket since I was in High School, and that was a long time ago! My kid got a ticket last month for "disregarding a stop sign". She said she stopped, and that there were other cars at the four way, even let another car go before her, but that is another story for another day I guess. She went to court today and it was a $50 fine (not too bad) but here is the kicker, after getting supervision and 8 hour driving class it cost $281. Court costs will kill ya! I think she cried as the money got sucked out of her account. Expensive lesson to learn for a 19 yr old that just started to show some savings in the bank.
                      Glad you got away with no ticket, consider yourself lucky! I too will start carrying my Bk papers with me everywhere I go.

Comment

I like that 342 meeting (thanks for clarifying Hub ;) ) ...very nice to hear stories like ironman's today! High five!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                          For future reference, a 342 meeting is what occurs after a successful 341. It entails four bottles of Cooks Champagne, and two glasses. Need I say more? 'Hub
                          no hub!! thanks...for sharing..apparently ironman knew all about it...
                          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Opps! I really didn't meant to type "342." I think that a 342 meeting is simply a 341 meeting followed by a single shot of ones favorite beverage as soon as you walk out of the meeting. My choice would be Jack Daniels.

341 Report can be found in the "341" forum

Comment

I can't WAIT for my 342 meeting! ;)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X