top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unexpected positive consequences of filing BK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to 'weigh in' on this conversation!! ::giggling out loud::

I, too, have lost some weight during all of my BK prep up to filing in less than 3 weeks!! (Can we say woot-woot?!?)

I am determined to give this my absolute best shot since I am playing my "Do-Over" card. Besides walking in the rain reduces facial wrinkling, right? My dogs could use the exercise and honestly I think it may help my fibromyalgia, too.
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Woot Woot ValleYum! Good for you!!! I'm sorry about your fibromyalgia. And your dogs will definitely be happier. You know what they say - if your dogs are overweight, YOU aren't getting enough exercise. Counting down to your filing date!
      Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

Nice to read this tread while I am just beginning to get organized to file. I am finding that it seems better to tell 1/2 truths so I don't have to prove the truth. And, if you get found out only the real truth comes out. This is absolutly crazy making. So I think it is appropriate to go make an Absolute and tonic :~)

Comment

Ummm . . .Memphis. . . if you're making drinks, would you please pass one my way? Lots of ice. Thanks!
          Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

Sure, but I wish I was drinking absolute, after I am discharged I'll be drinking that again! Would you like a glass of $6.99 bottle Old Vine Zinfandel? It's actually quite good for the price given it is old vine. I'll pour and toast to ya. It's called Twisted from Cali Twisted is even more suitable than absolute on this journey anyway.

Comment

LOL - are you kidding? We're in a "Great Recession" - I'm not picky. If it's alcohol and it's cheap (or free!), I'll take it! LOL THANKS!

Comment

LOL it's like a girl's night out thread in here!!! Thanks for the cheerleading, cleveland mom!! I am so anxioushappythinkImightthrowupdeliriouslygiddy I need a drink! Filing date is December 16th!!

Fibro is what it is. I can choose to try my best and be happy or I can whine and make everyone around me miserable. I choose the former. Heck, I had fibro before it was cool. LOL
                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                  yes! ME TOO!!! and i also found grey goose...or could afford a bottle a month!!! LOL!!!
                  Rumor has it that Costco Vodka is actually made by Grey Goose -- might be able to save a few dollars without sacrificing quality.

Comment

I'm only one day passed my 341 but last night was the first night in over 2 years that I slept soundly. I woke up refreshed and feeling like I can now tackle anything that comes my way. I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I am even hopeful that hubby will find employment
                    Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by dub View Post
                      I'm with you clevelandmom. I have no doubt the Lord chastised me....brought me to my knees with debt, then showed me the way out.
                      I so agree with this statement. I now feel like I'm at peace
                      Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                        I want to 'weigh in' on this conversation!! ::giggling out loud::

I, too, have lost some weight during all of my BK prep up to filing in less than 3 weeks!! (Can we say woot-woot?!?)

I am determined to give this my absolute best shot since I am playing my "Do-Over" card. Besides walking in the rain reduces facial wrinkling, right? My dogs could use the exercise and honestly I think it may help my fibromyalgia, too.
                        i was JUST diagnosed with fibromyagia...i'm beginning to believe it may be a side effect of filing bk....it's no joke, at one point i couldn't get out of bed for over 3 weeks...what is it??? i'm still learning about it...how do you cope with it..if you don't mind me asking???
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by dub View Post
                          I'm with you clevelandmom. I have no doubt the Lord chastised me....brought me to my knees with debt, then showed me the way out.
                          Sometimes the lessons that we need to learn on humility come about in the most unexpected ways.

BK was and is a life-changing experience, and a very positive one.
                          All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                          Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Agree!
                            North Carolina

Comment

You know what they say. . ."You have to eat a lot of crap to know what steak tastes like." BK has definitely taught me to appreciate every single thing I have. It has also taught me how to simplify. A simple life is a peaceful life, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                                Sometimes the lessons that we need to learn on humility come about in the most unexpected ways.

BK was and is a life-changing experience, and a very positive one.
                                I was watching Jay Leno last night and Mitt Romney was on talking about the GM bailout and said they should have filed for BK sooner and the best thing they did was file BK. He wasn't looking down on GM he was praising them for finally doing it. I say the same thing should apply to people. It is a business event in life that hopefully will lead to a brighter future.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X