top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I hire an Attorney or File myself (Pro Se)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Thanks for the information.

Comment

When filing for bankruptcy it is necessary to hire a lawyer to help you with your problem. Hiring for a lawyer is very expensive thing to do. You should have enough amount to file for bankruptcy and to pay for the lawyer as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mabellemurph View Post
          When filing for bankruptcy it is necessary to hire a lawyer to help you with your problem. Hiring for a lawyer is very expensive thing to do. You should have enough amount to file for bankruptcy and to pay for the lawyer as well.
          Yes, hiring an attorney is expensive, and when your circumstances necessitate having skilled legal representation, you should be prepared to pay the cost. However, a blanket statement that hiring an attorney is absolutely necessary for anyone seeking to file for bankruptcy is absurd. A person who has minimal assets, no real estate, no back taxes or other non-dischargeable debt, and hasn't incurred debt recently really CAN do it themself, and save the cost of attorney fees. I filed my "no asset" Chapter 7 by myself, and it was actually quite easy.

Comment

Originally posted by mabellemurph View Post
            mabellemurph: You have glommed onto the end of a very old thread. Because of the changing nature of local interpretations of the BK laws, it is against Forum rules to resurrect old threads without a very good reason.

If you have not done so, now is a good time to familiarize yourself with the Forum rules:

Thank you!
            Last edited by AngelinaCat; 03-28-2014, 07:24 PM.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

mabellemurph: You are a phoney. You are attempting to huckster a bankruptcy firm out of Australia. No thanks. You are now toast.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                mabellemurph: You are a phoney. You are attempting to huckster a bankruptcy firm out of Australia. No thanks. You are now toast.
                Sometimes I really wish we had a like button here.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                  Sometimes I really wish we had a like button here.
                  Or a NOT Like button....

Comment

Yes. That would be the minimum amount when you are hiring a bankruptcy attorney for your case. I think you should get that one to help you with your financial problems.

Comment

mabellemurph's friend or alias, corrawhite 07, is also toast.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

GREAT!!!

Comment

I have just filed Chapter 7 to stay foreclosure sale and allow my DCA appeal against the lender to proceed. My goal is to save my home which is burdened by a total of four liens. Three of these liens were incurred by my ex husband before he left and my total debt is around $150k. I understand that Chapter 13 will allow me to redeem my property by paying off the senior lien and removing the others, but I have also heard the same might be possible in this district of Northern Florida by remaining in Chapter 7. The court has scheduled the creditors 341 meeting in mid July, the day after my initial brief is due in the appeal court to prove lack of jurisdiction. Should I just go to the meeting .and explain the situation then or file for a time extension now? I have no problem with the means test and cannot afford representation. Any advice on switching to 13 also appreciated

Comment

You should have to hire an attorney, because he can easily manage your all bankruptcy related issues very easily. Goldburd McCone in NY are specialized in this field.

Comment

New here tonight, has anyone used an online Americanonlinebankruptcycenter.com to file chapter 7? They sound all good, got back to me within an hour. They have several plans, the one to do the total is $250.00, can do a filing in a days timing....online, no phone, no address, hum????

Comment

Originally posted by Roseofsharon View Post
                                New here tonight, has anyone used an online Americanonlinebankruptcycenter.com to file chapter 7? They sound all good, got back to me within an hour. They have several plans, the one to do the total is $250.00, can do a filing in a days timing....online, no phone, no address, hum????
                                The short answer is don't waste your money. Here is another thread on the site:

Here are a couple of complaints on ripoffreport.com

Ripoff Report on: Bankruptcy Resource Center - Bankruptcy resource center fraudulent misrepresentaion of their company a website that does not work an online for...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X