top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that the general public considers us as "shysters"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by merime View Post
    i agree! everyone judges, until they walk a mile in your shoes. About a month ago I posted about this ady in her 70s , who when she foresaw her CC bills getting out of control took all her money out of the bank. She then qualified 2 yrs later for foodstamps and reduced healh care. so many people wrote that she was wrong to do that, that it would haunt her and that essentially she was evil. How different was she from anyone who bails of a sinking ship. Everyone makes mistakes, its how we repair what we do that makes us unique. That lady is no different from anyone who has ever posted on this forum hoping to salvage what they have left. File or not ,we deserve to live a life.
    Great to see you around 'merime'. I totally agree (see my post above). Of course there will be some person who uses the system to their advantage. You find this in any bunch of people. But as said many times by many people, it is a business derision only. The real plan if to make your own bk work. Go cash only and if you cannot save to buy whatever, you don't need it. Sell your soul to no person or company. Live free or die is a motto in New Hampshire I think. I agree with that and when you go into debt after bk, (except in credit rebuild for a house note, that would be my only consideration to debt) you are giving away freedom you have just earned in pain and stress. If you cannot or will not pay off completely a credit card, do not own one. My personal opinion only. It may not apply to all, but we are free now for several years and are still debt free 100% 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
      Great to see you around 'merime'. I totally agree (see my post above). Of course there will be some person who uses the system to their advantage. You find this in any bunch of people. But as said many times by many people, it is a business derision only. The real plan if to make your own bk work. Go cash only and if you cannot save to buy whatever, you don't need it. Sell your soul to no person or company. Live free or die is a motto in New Hampshire I think. I agree with that and when you go into debt after bk, (except in credit rebuild for a house note, that would be my only consideration to debt) you are giving away freedom you have just earned in pain and stress. If you cannot or will not pay off completely a credit card, do not own one. My personal opinion only. It may not apply to all, but we are free now for several years and are still debt free 100% 'Hub
      Nice back to back posts.

The "shame" that society puts on others regarding BK is nothing but a lie.

Like you said, it is just a business decision. On this forum, I once read that if people knew how easy it was to file, then many more would be doing it.

but, people just don't get educated on their rights, and just continue to let others walk all over them.

I am glad to be out of that group!

Comment

This is not new. Figure the 20's and 30's Weirmar Republic Germany, and you can see in history what we are repeating. READ PEOPLE, go to Youtube and Draw up old Hitler speeches (with sub titles) and hear what our current "Leader" has said. You will be amazed at what you will see if ONLY you will look.
        'Hub
        Here's some food for thought:

Who am I ?

I was born in one country, raised in another.

My father was born in another country.

I was not his only child.

He fathered several children with numerous women.

I became very close to my mother, as my father showed
        No interest in me.

My mother died at an early age from cancer.

Although my father deserted me and my mother raised me,
        I later wrote a book idolizing my father not my mother.

Later in life, questions arose over my real name.

My birth records were sketchy.

No one was able to produce a legitimate, reliable birth
        Certificate.

I grew up practicing one faith but converted to
        Christianity, as it was widely accepted in my new country, but I
        Practiced non-traditional beliefs and didn't follow Christianity, except in
        The public eye under scrutiny.

I worked and lived among lower-class people as a young
        Adult, disguising myself as someone who really cared about them.

That was before I decided it was time to get serious
        About my life and embarked on a new career.

I wrote a book about my struggles growing up.

It was clear to those who read my memoirs, that I had
        Difficulties accepting that my father abandoned me as a child.

I became active in local politics in my 30's then, with
        Help behind the scenes, I literally burst onto the scene as a candidate
        For national office in my 40s.

They said I had a golden tongue and could talk anyone
        Into anything.

I had a virtually non-existent resume, little work history, and no
        Experience in leading a single organization.

Yet I was a powerful speaker and citizens were drawn to
        Me, as though I were a magnet and they were small roofing tacks.

I drew incredibly large crowds during my public appearances.

This bolstered my ego.

At first, my political campaign focused on my country's foreign policy...

I was very critical of my country in the last war, and seized every
        Opportunity to bash my country.

But what launched my rise to national prominence were
        My views on the country's economy.

I pretended to have a really good plan on how we could
        Do better, and every poor person would be fed and housed for free.

I knew which group was responsible for getting us into this mess.

It was the free market, banks and corporations.

I decided to start making citizens hate them and, if they became envious of
        Others who did well, the plan was clinched tight.

I called mine "A People's Campaign".

That sounded good to all people.

I was the surprise candidate because I emerged from
        Outside the traditional path of politics and was able to gain
        Widespread popular support.

I knew that, if I merely offered the people 'hope', together we could change
        Our country and the world.

So, I started to make my speeches sound like they were
        On behalf of the downtrodden, poor, ignorant to include "persecuted
        Minorities".

My true views were not widely known and I kept them
        Unknown, until after I became my nation's leader.

I had to carefully guard reality, as anybody could have easily found out
        What I really believed, if they had simply read my writings and examined
        Those people associated with. I'm glad they didn't.

Then I became the most powerful man in the world.

And then world learned the truth.

Who am I?

ADOLPH HITLER
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
          Here's some food for thought:

Who am I ?

I was born in one country, raised in another.

My father was born in another country.

I was not his only child.

He fathered several children with numerous women.

I became very close to my mother, as my father showed
          No interest in me.

My mother died at an early age from cancer.

Although my father deserted me and my mother raised me,
          I later wrote a book idolizing my father not my mother.

Later in life, questions arose over my real name.

My birth records were sketchy.

No one was able to produce a legitimate, reliable birth
          Certificate.

I grew up practicing one faith but converted to
          Christianity, as it was widely accepted in my new country, but I
          Practiced non-traditional beliefs and didn't follow Christianity, except in
          The public eye under scrutiny.

I worked and lived among lower-class people as a young
          Adult, disguising myself as someone who really cared about them.

That was before I decided it was time to get serious
          About my life and embarked on a new career.

I wrote a book about my struggles growing up.

It was clear to those who read my memoirs, that I had
          Difficulties accepting that my father abandoned me as a child.

I became active in local politics in my 30's then, with
          Help behind the scenes, I literally burst onto the scene as a candidate
          For national office in my 40s.

They said I had a golden tongue and could talk anyone
          Into anything.

I had a virtually non-existent resume, little work history, and no
          Experience in leading a single organization.

Yet I was a powerful speaker and citizens were drawn to
          Me, as though I were a magnet and they were small roofing tacks.

I drew incredibly large crowds during my public appearances.

This bolstered my ego.

At first, my political campaign focused on my country's foreign policy...

I was very critical of my country in the last war, and seized every
          Opportunity to bash my country.

But what launched my rise to national prominence were
          My views on the country's economy.

I pretended to have a really good plan on how we could
          Do better, and every poor person would be fed and housed for free.

I knew which group was responsible for getting us into this mess.

It was the free market, banks and corporations.

I decided to start making citizens hate them and, if they became envious of
          Others who did well, the plan was clinched tight.

I called mine "A People's Campaign".

That sounded good to all people.

I was the surprise candidate because I emerged from
          Outside the traditional path of politics and was able to gain
          Widespread popular support.

I knew that, if I merely offered the people 'hope', together we could change
          Our country and the world.

So, I started to make my speeches sound like they were
          On behalf of the downtrodden, poor, ignorant to include "persecuted
          Minorities".

My true views were not widely known and I kept them
          Unknown, until after I became my nation's leader.

I had to carefully guard reality, as anybody could have easily found out
          What I really believed, if they had simply read my writings and examined
          Those people associated with. I'm glad they didn't.

Then I became the most powerful man in the world.

And then world learned the truth.

Who am I?

ADOLPH HITLER
          And the other guy might be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post
            And the other guy might be worse.
            Frogger and espo, what a relief to see those who with eyes will see and those with ears would hear. Clap, Clap,Clap, for both of you. I thought all were blind as our school system since the sixties, have become indoctrination camps. Most do not know who is Christoffer Columbus no less than G. Washington or Abraham Lincoln.

I have been out of town every other month. Working for my brother, he hired a young man. I think he is 21. He had NEVER HEARD of A. Hitler, as well as the Second World War. I could not believe this as he is a polite, fine young man with too many tatoos. He is legit, but uninformed by the "State". (see George Orwell 1984). We are not raising stupid children. Only uneducated and indoctrinated. Workers, so to speak who will not rebel as they know nothing. Ignorance is why WE took a big hit in bk. This is exactly why we are NOW here. To teach others about our ignorance as we have taken up educating ourselves after all we did wrong to aid those who are like we were.

I IMPLORE those who think this is all new, to read a bit about the rise o one of the Worlds worse dictators. I pray he will not be promoted to the second worse, but I fear the amount of lack of control becoming apparent in this Country and at this time. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hub, before we throw the school system out with the bathwater (or some such horrible analogy) teachers generally have at least 30 kids four to five times per day. School is what you make of it...I can't make someone learn who doesn't want to - I rather also blame the media, the dumbing down of the curriculum (like the horrendous TX soc studies text), etc. than teachers and the kids. Often they're in the middle of...everything.

Frogger and espo, what a relief to see those who with eyes will see and those with ears would hear. Clap, Clap,Clap, for both of you. I thought all were blind as our school system since the sixties, have become indoctrination camps. Most do not know who is Christoffer Columbus no less than G. Washington or Abraham Lincoln.

I have been out of town every other month. Working for my brother, he hired a young man. I think he is 21. He had NEVER HEARD of A. Hitler, as well as the Second World War. I could not believe this as he is a polite, fine young man with too many tatoos. He is legit, but uninformed by the "State". (see George Orwell 1984). We are not raising stupid children. Only uneducated and indoctrinated. Workers, so to speak who will not rebel as they know nothing. Ignorance is why WE took a big hit in bk. This is exactly why we are NOW here. To teach others about our ignorance as we have taken up educating ourselves after all we did wrong to aid those who are like we were.

I IMPLORE those who think this is all new, to read a bit about the rise o one of the Worlds worse dictators. I pray he will not be promoted to the second worse, but I fear the amount of lack of control becoming apparent in this Country and at this time. 'Hub

Comment

Wow, I thought the dictator you were talking about was none other than Barrack Obama!

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                  Hub, before we throw the school system out with the bathwater (or some such horrible analogy) teachers generally have at least 30 kids four to five times per day. School is what you make of it...I can't make someone learn who doesn't want to - I rather also blame the media, the dumbing down of the curriculum (like the horrendous TX soc studies text), etc. than teachers and the kids. Often they're in the middle of...everything.
                  yes, and its the parents and eventually, the in the persons' best interest to get these answers.

Hub is absolutely correct.

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
                    Wow, I thought the dictator you were talking about was none other than Barrack Obama!
                    He has fooled so many. and if he wins again, wow...

we are going to be set up for lots of pain in the next 20-30 years.

then again, all the politicans threw us under the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by bcohen View Post
                      I am.

The dumbing down of our Nation started with Lyndon Johnson's Great Society. It was he who in his office told one of his cabinet members that if he was given the power to put his Great Society into use, he would guarantee a voting block to the Dem's forever. He was given that power and purchased through "entitlements" the Black American block. Yet during most of the havoc of Dr. Martin Luther King's struggle it was the Democratic party subordinates who fought against lifting segregation. The axe handle wielding restauranteer Lester Maddox who became the 75th Georgia governor and George Wallace who was the 45th governor of Alabama. Both were Democrats. At that time, the South was heavy Democrat. The North was Republican except far Northeast.

Lincoln was a Republican.

At the time of the Great Society, the school system stopped teaching history, geography, civics. We also taught Americanism VS Communism. Math was taught without the aid of calculators and typing was taught without the aid of a spell checker.

I don't blame teachers. I blame the teaching system. The parents of today's kids were indoctrinated a long time ago. Far after the schools that the Principle's paddle of bad acting, removed from use.

Our teachers in most cases are warehousing children and do not have time to teach a child. It is not their fault to be told "YOU WILL TEACH GAYNESS THEORY" or you get 45 children this semester. That is government edict and yes, I do believe the Department of Education should be removed and the schools put back to the States as once they were. My wife is a teacher as well as a Historian and Librarian. How many books are read by children? How many by adults? How many books now read themselves to people with items like Kindles.

Yes, I believe our society has been molded into worker ants, soldier ants, and queen ants who reside in Washington D.C..

Those who ignore History are condemned to repeat it. Heil Bamma!!! In schools teacher leads children's songs "Barack Housein Obama, emmm, emmm, emmm".

My opinion, so far, I have a right to speak it. So far. 'Hub

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if all of these negative comments are genuine. Until recently I had hard time getting my head around the idea that I should BK rather than try to work it out somehow although that somehow would just lead me down to a road with little chance of success even though I'm probably in a much better position to BK than most. Much of the public, me included, were brainwashed at a young age that because we have a higher moral standard we should never break the rules or even play by the rules when there is a hint that we may be receiving an unfair advantage. Some people even take this reasoning to the extreme by not reporting their charitable donations to the IRS. As a result we go through life pigeonholing ourselves in the most disadvantageous positions in work, relationships, taxes, and other finances.

This may sound a little crazy to some but I say let's play by the rules but to the best of our advantage, and let's not ever feel bad about doing so. Otherwise, how will you every do anything really productive in life? I'm talking about outside of BK as well. Start being ambitious and recognizing your God given strengths, and using them to do great things for you, your family, and everyone you touch and feel good about that instead. Because really we are all freaking geniuses at whatever we focus on, its just that some of us are geniuses at stupid things like blame, guilt, shame, and using rules to our disadvantage when we could be spending that energy in love, resourcefulness, and positively impacting our lives and every life we have the privilege of touching.

I've been thinking about discharging since I joined and started lurking this forum and finally i'm going to press the button.

Comment

Originally posted by uuwwee View Post
                          I wouldn't be surprised if all of these negative comments are genuine. Until recently I had hard time getting my head around the idea that I should BK rather than try to work it out somehow although that somehow would just lead me down to a road with little chance of success even though I'm probably in a much better position to BK than most. Much of the public, me included, were brainwashed at a young age that because we have a higher moral standard we should never break the rules or even play by the rules when there is a hint that we may be receiving an unfair advantage. Some people even take this reasoning to the extreme by not reporting their charitable donations to the IRS. As a result we go through life pigeonholing ourselves in the most disadvantageous positions in work, relationships, taxes, and other finances.

This may sound a little crazy to some but I say let's play by the rules but to the best of our advantage, and let's not ever feel bad about doing so. Otherwise, how will you every do anything really productive in life? I'm talking about outside of BK as well. Start being ambitious and recognizing your God given strengths, and using them to do great things for you, your family, and everyone you touch and feel good about that instead. Because really we are all freaking geniuses at whatever we focus on, its just that some of us are geniuses at stupid things like blame, guilt, shame, and using rules to our disadvantage when we could be spending that energy in love, resourcefulness, and positively impacting our lives and every life we have the privilege of touching.

I've been thinking about discharging since I joined and started lurking this forum and finally i'm going to press the button.

ya, the rich play by different rules than others. do as they say, and not as they do.

To believe that I used to think that wall street executives were actually super smart. Sure, they have above average intelligence, but they are more crooked than smart.

Comment

One of the things I've though but never said was, When all this was going on, what were Michelle and Barak doing taking all those trips oversease??? If congress would decrease their salaries, if the rich were taxed appropriately, if social service charities - fighting to get some help, were given that help, if there really was some sort of job creation, we could have gotten out of this.

When the bill came that the unemployed could still stay in their homes, it was already to late for me to apply for it. (Although BofA is not doing anything about the mortgage yet, which allows me to still stay here)

I seriously doubt if Obama will win again, mainly because he has ticked off the republis. Guess we'll ahve to see.

Comment

HI Discouraged - the pres' salary is a pittance compared to everything else, especially sending jobs overseas, spending on...well...let me just say it...wars...banksters, etc.

Obama didn't fight for those who elected him - you can't win in politics by not fighting for what you believe in (that's not a partisan saying, by the way)

Comment

I couldn't agree less. Obama is the one man that is holding the tide against the economic royalists who are out to destroy the American Middle Class. He is the man who has delivered us to the promised land of universal health care. He is the man who is defending Social Security and Medicare against the forces of evil (Ryan.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X