top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think that the general public considers us as "shysters"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, always fun when we all start speaking our minds about our deep personal political beliefs (on a bk forum

As a proud citizen I am always excited to share my opinions on most any topic, mostly because I know you all really want to hear my brilliant thoughts... So since I have a moment, how about this...

1. I was taught (and I believe) that other folk's opinions of me are none of my business; my task is to keep my side of the street clean and to be of service to others. Makes me sound pretty cool, huh?

2. Since I filed and have shared this fact with folks, I have found some who plainly treat me like a piece of crap. This saddens me, but refer back to number 1.

3. I only talk politics when I forget that it makes me and others crazy. Repub, Demo, Indy, Commie, it all kinda blurs after a bit, especially as I get older. I have moved to a less stressful platform, where I focus on the basic goodness of both people in general and The Finest Country In The World, The USA. My simple platform for our country is the same as for myself; I (and the country) need to buy no more crap on credit, I need to reduce or eliminate my debt load (defecit), I need to help the most helpless in any way I can.

4. I need to spend some time daily giving of myself to others and getting away from "self." Some of my best medicine comes fromdoing volunteer work at a local prison. Nothing quite beats hearing from folks who live like dogs in a 6 foot by 9 foot cell to make me appreciate all I have, screwed up govt, economy, and all. Even the right to ***** and talk smack about our country gets you killed/dissappeared in many other coutries. Not here though,bash Bush, bash Obama, it is all good here.

Ah yes , it felt good to talk about this stuff, especially the things that help me to maintain an attitude of gratitude and to remind myself not to take everything so seriously. Anyone agree? Anyone grateful, even in the middle of a bk? Anyone else believe we are mostly good people, even if we disagree? Oh well, what the hell do I know anyway, I'm going bankrupt so you have to figure I have "issues"... Sometimes I need tissues for my issues, can I get an amen?! Peace out y'all...
    Last edited by PushRestart; 08-06-2011, 02:53 AM.
    Filed Chapter 7 7/14/2011, 341 meeting 8/16/2011, discharged 10/19/2011! Note that my posts are not legal advice, so please do not sue me, I have enough problems already.

Comment

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post
      Just how does a stimulus put people back to work?

Explain that to me.
      A stimulus is basically a government jobs program (although sometimes stupid things like the cash for clunkers are in there.) I feel that going forward, the only ways to bring back jobs is through such a jobs program or tariff protectionism (including subsidies to hire Americans.)

Comment

Originally posted by JackBondLove View Post
        A stimulus is basically a government jobs program (although sometimes stupid things like the cash for clunkers are in there.) I feel that going forward, the only ways to bring back jobs is through such a jobs program or tariff protectionism (including subsidies to hire Americans.)
        If the government got out of the way, jobs would come back.

For example, government regulations are just ways for corporations with power and control and money to limit their competition.

A gov't stimulus would do nothing in the long run.

If you give people incentives to start up a business or an opportunity to compete with those bigger corporations (by not taxing the crap out of them or making it so difficult to get their business going with endless regulations), then jobs would come back.

You are funny, but I still like you. You also need to look at other news sources, besides the NY Times or NBC.

Have a nice weekend.
        Last edited by espo1357; 08-06-2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Espo, under GWB gov't was out of the way, jobs didn't come back...the banksters got what they wanted, tax cuts for the rich, spending cuts for the rest of now, and stock market crashes, debt downgraded....and I again have to say, social-democracies like France and Germany etc doing just fine...

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
            Espo, under GWB gov't was out of the way, jobs didn't come back...the banksters got what they wanted, tax cuts for the rich, spending cuts for the rest of now, and stock market crashes, debt downgraded....and I again have to say, social-democracies like France and Germany etc doing just fine...
            What makes you think I voted for Bush? I didn't in 2004.

Bush, Obama, Clinton, on and on, they all sold us out.

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
              Government was *never* out of the way over the past fifty years at least...

As for France and Germany...a deeper look into France will reveal that they're not doing that well at all.

What works for Germans is their understanding that work ethic *is* important. However, I would not like to be a small business owner in Germany. Too many horror stories of what the omni-powerful taxman can do to you if you fail to obey their wicked logic...told first hand from the people I've known for two decades plus, hardworking and honest folks...

All of them are facing a *much* bigger problem: negative birth rate that might end up turning them into Islamic societies fifty years from now...or even sooner...

Good luck to us all.
              No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by shark66 View Post
                Government was *never* out of the way over the past fifty years at least...

As for France and Germany...a deeper look into France will reveal that they're not doing that well at all.

What works for Germans is their understanding that work ethic *is* important. However, I would not like to be a small business owner in Germany. Too many horror stories of what the omni-powerful taxman can do to you if you fail to obey their wicked logic...told first hand from the people I've known for two decades plus, hardworking and honest folks...

All of them are facing a *much* bigger problem: negative birth rate that might end up turning them into Islamic societies fifty years from now...or even sooner...

Good luck to us all.
                Advanced post here. I hope others will appreciate it as I have.

Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by espo1357 View Post
                  "Barry" is just clueless when it comes to "reality".

As a community organizer, he lived in a fantasy land, where people get their money for nothing and their chicks for free. As my good friend and former mailman once told me, the worst day of the month was when the welfare checks where issued in the neighborhood, because if that check was not there, there was hell to pay!

What a way to live, depending on the government for your well being!

Guess moving to New Zealand or Chile isn't a bad idea if you are young and single, especially if "Barry" fools everyone again with his "change".
                  And what exactly would McCain have done differently to put us in a better place today?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X