No announcement yet.

Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These posts are why I love this forum. So much support. I wish the warmth in these posts could be spread around the world

Brasman,

You will get through this. You will keep your home. You will save your marriage (if that is an issue). Even if something happens during the course of your Chapter 13 where you cannot make a payment or two, there are simple ways to fix the problems. If there is one thing I have learned from reading this forum, it is that consumers are very resilient. Do what needs to be done and don’t look back.

Des.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      YOU LOOK SO GOOD for 43!
      LOL. Thank you!
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

(((hugs))). My husband and I are 54 - so I am looking at this as a new beginning. We haven't filed yet, but will soon. I just wanted to say keep your head up - you will be fine!

Lynn

Comment

'Hub and I are 68 and 59, respectively. We started looking into filing in August 2006. We filed the last business day of 2007--thanks to our drag-foot lawyer. (It's a looong story!) We discharged on August 13, 2008, and closed more than a year later.

We have been on a cash-only basis since then.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Over 40 (approaching 50). Used to make over $220k/yr household. Had all the toys. Had a business collapse. Lost $300k in a house; walked away another $250k under water. Visibly aged to the point that my friends discussed putting me in the hospital. Slept maybe 20 hrs a week at best. Purchased term life insurance feeling that I was certain to either stroke out or pull the trigger myself.

Had one colleague who pointed me to this forum. Read for several months. Found two awesome attorneys and hired one. Planned BK for 9 months before filing, all the while hoping I did not have to do so.

Discharged just over $1 million in debts between credit cards and mortgages in a Ch 7. Approaching 2 years from discharge. Live on a cash basis but have credit for emergencies (a strategic move I learned in BK counseling). Have 9 months living expenses in the bank plus an emergency fund that can now handle almost every happenstance or two or three. Have a solid beginning for a house down payment should we choose to go that route again. Retirement fund is now growing. Am off the blood pressure meds, the anti-depressants, and have lost 27 lbs (another 30 to go).

Easy? No.

But if you take this seriously, it just might be the best offer you will get for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by btbeme View Post
              Over 40 (approaching 50). Used to make over $220k/yr household. Had all the toys. Had a business collapse. Lost $300k in a house; walked away another $250k under water. Visibly aged to the point that my friends discussed putting me in the hospital. Slept maybe 20 hrs a week at best. Purchased term life insurance feeling that I was certain to either stroke out or pull the trigger myself.

Had one colleague who pointed me to this forum. Read for several months. Found two awesome attorneys and hired one. Planned BK for 9 months before filing, all the while hoping I did not have to do so.

Discharged just over $1 million in debts between credit cards and mortgages in a Ch 7. Approaching 2 years from discharge. Live on a cash basis but have credit for emergencies (a strategic move I learned in BK counseling). Have 9 months living expenses in the bank plus an emergency fund that can now handle almost every happenstance or two or three. Have a solid beginning for a house down payment should we choose to go that route again. Retirement fund is now growing. Am off the blood pressure meds, the anti-depressants, and have lost 27 lbs (another 30 to go).

Easy? No.

But if you take this seriously, it just might be the best offer you will get for a very long time.
              wow btbeme, you have been through the mill!!! congrats on your new founded success! and, on the weight loss!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
                These posts are why I love this forum. So much support. I wish the warmth in these posts could be spread around the world

Brasman,

You will get through this. You will keep your home. You will save your marriage (if that is an issue). Even if something happens during the course of your Chapter 13 where you cannot make a payment or two, there are simple ways to fix the problems. If there is one thing I have learned from reading this forum, it is that consumers are very resilient. Do what needs to be done and don’t look back.

Des.
                I'm not terribly creative so can I just echo Des??? Very well said!!!
                Filed Ch 13 Feb 9, 2012, 341 meeting Mar 15, 2012, Confirmed Apr 5, 2012
                Anticipated freedom party Apr 2015

Comment

At 57 & 59, my husband and I have 29 payments done & 31 to go! In 32 months my husband plans on retiring. I didn't need to file at age 40 but I should have at age 50. It doesn't matter what age you are a clean start is a wonderful thing. I am now looking forward to our retirement years. Before filing I couldn't think about retirement only that I would need to work until I died because I would never be out of debt.
                  Discharged 5/2015

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X