bankruptcy filed but withdrawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question bankruptcy filed but withdrawn

I filed for a bankruptcy to stop a foreclosure but then with drew from it and sold my house and paid the bank in full. The BK is showing on my credit report. I was able to get my new mortgage for a new home after the sale but now as I try to refinance the current house after paying all perfectly for a year, when the bank pulls a credit report the BK shows up. What can I do if I didn't do the BK but it showing I did? Any advise?
    Thx

You still filed the BK, so they can report it for 10 years. That it was dismissed doesn't change anything. There's no un-filing. Unless there is something factually wrong with the way they report the BK on your credit reports, you will have this listed for 10 years.

I know that's not what you want to hear, so sorry. On the bright side, a BK doesn't have to stop you from buying a house. Most lenders will want the BK to age 2 years before they will work with you.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

You can't "withdraw" a bankruptcy case. You can dismiss your bankruptcy case, which it sounds like you did, but this does not erase the fact that you filed for bankruptcy in the first place.
      Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

As others have wrote, the credit report is accurately reflecting that you had in fact filed a voluntary bankruptcy petition. If it was a Chapter 13, it will be there for 7 years. If it was a Chapter 7, it will be there for 10 years.

Time alone is the only thing that will heal this wound. Keep low balances, pay on time, and don't seek too much new credit. Within 2 years from filing, you should be back in the high 600s or low 700s (based on your pre-bankruptcy behaviors).
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Oh that's a shame, so sorry that happened to you. Life is so unfair.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X