Adding additional pages to schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding additional pages to schedules

I am currently completing the forms for my Chapter 7 pro se bankruptcy. I need to add several pages to Schedule E/F and don't know how to do this. I found a post regarding forms that suggested either paying someone to complete them or getting some type of software. Is this still true with the new paperwork and if so, what type of software do I need? Everything seems to be working perfectly except the ability to add pages. Hoping I'm just missing something!

If the link works it will take you to fillable forms. . .

This is an Official Bankruptcy Form. Official Bankruptcy Forms are approved by the Judicial Conference and must be used under Bankruptcy Rule 9009. This Form is derived from: Official Form 6E and Official Form 6F.

Des.

Comment

If you look carefully at those fill-able forms, for Parts 1 and 2, the second page of that section is a so-called "continuation" page with the words "Continuation Page" right near the top. You use as many "continuation" pages as necessary for each of Part 1 and Part 2. I would recommend numbering the page "by hand" after you are done. I don't think you can "save" those forms, but you may want to print them to PDF if you have a computer capable or natively doing such a task (think iMac running Mac OS X), or have installed something like PDF995 or some other PDF software.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

At the risk of sounding dumb, how to I actually create those continuation pages (I need more than they give)? This leads to another dumb question- do I file actual paper or an electronic version? I can check with my court on Monday if it varies. If it's paper, I can simply save more copies and use those for the continuation pages. Every time I think I have it all figured out, something else comes up!

Comment

You can either print many of them (filling them out by hand) or "fill and print" them one at a time. Unfortunately these fill-able forms can not be saved with a standard PDF "viewer" such as Acrobat. So you would complete a form, print it, and then start the next "continuation" page.

I suggested printing it to a PDF file so that you have the "original". It will not be modifiable unless you have some sort of PDF editing software. For those filing Pro Se, I actually recommend that you purchase some sort of PDF editor.
          • I purchased PDF Complete for Windows (which happens to be on sale for $69.95 right now).
          • Others used trial versions of Adobe Acrobat. Acrobat has a subscription version which is $22.95/month for a monthly subscription. (Be careful, they have different types of "subscriptions" with the annual subscription being $12.95 per month.)
          • There are "free" PDF Editors around as well. I have tried these "free" editors and they are not that good.

Even if you do purchase a PDF Editor, you will need to learn how to use it and be diligent when saving your files (e.g. with different file names!). Again, you can use the fill-able forms and just be careful when completing them and printing each one. I would still "print" these to a file using a PDF print driver. (On MacOSX, PDF support is built-in. On Windows, you may want to look at PDF995 which is a free PDF print driver.)

Note: The PDF995 suite can be purchased for $19.95, but it is no where near the same quality as PDF Complete or Adobe Acrobat. The PDF995 print driver is actually pretty good for printing a file, on Windows, to a PDF file. The PDF file produced is pretty stable and compatible. I use PDF995 for quick copies of many things, even though I also have PDF Complete. On my MacIntosh (iMac), I can use the built-in features to do this. When I'm working on Windows, I use either PDF995 or PDF Complete.
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Wow! Thank you! I am able to fill them and save them for some reason so I will just save renamed copies to continue with the extra pages. I appreciate the response and thank you again.

Comment

I did discover that I have to "save as" and rename the file in order for it to save my work.

Comment

It's nice to know that the new forms have a "save as..." feature! Excellent! Good luck.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X