X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice to Creditors

I received a deficiency notice in the mail stating
    Re: Amended/Amendment to Schedule F-Creditor or Creditors Added

The amendment to the petition was not served in accordance with the Rule 1009 of the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy procedure. A copy of the amendment should be served upon the trustee, the bankruptcy administrator, and any entity affected by the amendment. Upon completion of proper service, a certificate of service should immediately be filled with the court.

My question is what should be included in the notice to creditors and what should be included in the certificate of service document.

You should be able to find a template for a certificate of service from your local District website (or the USCourts webstie).

Whenever you add creditors to Schedule F (or any Schedule), you need to update the mailing matrix and serve the affected Schedules on the creditor. If it's a new creditor, you need to also serve the Notice of Bankruptcy as well. You then file a certificate of service indicating that you served the required papers on the creditors and sign and file that certificate with the court.

Are you using the NoLo book, or some other guidebook for filing?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

No I am not..does the book you are referring to provide sample docs?

Comment

Originally posted by smile77 View Post
        No I am not..does the book you are referring to provide sample docs?
        Yes, and it also covers the "how to" of filing and covers various scenarios.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X