Quittting my Job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMinGA View Post
    FYI - the original post is old. See the update from 8/3.

I'm not sure when it is 'safe' to apply for U/C. But I see potential issues at the 341, should the trustee ask about how your last job ended and why you are not now drawing U/C. Remember, paystubs & tax returns are filed with the petition. It will be obvious that you recently stopped working...
    I guess anything could happen, so be prepared, but we didn't file for UC because it would have put our income too high. The trustee didn't ask anybody the day of our 341 about job status or why they were or weren't working. Or why they were or weren't drawing UC.

The trustee just doesn't have time to look into it. There are so many reasons for not getting UC or not having a job. It's not required to have reason documented anywhere in the paperwork so the trustee would have to track it all down manually even if he could do something about it.
    Wife Laid off - 11/16/2009 Missed First Payments - 12/5/2009
    Filed Chap 7 - 12/31/2009
    341 - 2/12/2010
    Discharged - 4/19/2010

Comment

I do not think there should be any problem but ya they may ask you about your past experience as well as past jobs and most most importantly how you left your last job. So it may raise an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by woodkevin0 View Post
        I do not think there should be any problem but ya they may ask you about your past experience as well as past jobs and most most importantly how you left your last job. So it may raise an issue.
        woodkevin0, welcome to BKforum. This thread is 2 years old. Please do not revive old threads. Please take the time to review forum rules at http://www.bkforum.com/announcement.php?f=3

Thank you.
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Deleted.

Comment

New guy + useless posts+ ancient threads =

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

The means test is not even based on current income, it's based on the last 6 months of income.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X