Just a friendly Warning...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a friendly Warning...

If you do a lot of shopping on Amazon, and you were considering getting the Amazon Visa Card for those "special savings," be advised, the Amazon Visa card is sponsored by JP Morgan Chase Bank. If they were a creditor in your BK proceeding, you will most likely be denied that Amazon Visa card due to your BK.... as was I, recently. I just didn't know they (JP Morgan Chase) was behind the Amazon Visa card, or I never would have applied for it.

Lesson learned!

Yeah, I found that out the hard way last year.
    Latent car nut.

Comment

I've seen data points of a few people getting back in with Chase after a couple of years and a lot of begging to the credit analyst during reconsideration. It's an auto denial while the bankruptcy is on the credit report. If you burned Chase, it's even longer (forever?).

Comment

Originally posted by flashoflight View Post
        I've seen data points of a few people getting back in with Chase after a couple of years and a lot of begging to the credit analyst during reconsideration. It's an auto denial while the bankruptcy is on the credit report. If you burned Chase, it's even longer (forever?).
        Which I did. For quite a bit. So, no "special savings" for me....

Comment

Originally posted by BxRcvor View Post

Which I did. For quite a bit. So, no "special savings" for me....
          I forgot to mention there are other ways to get a discount at Amazon. You can get 2% from loading your Amazon gift card balance with a debit card. If you have a grocery chain that gives you rewards when buying gift cards, those rewards could help as well along with the rewards credit card you used to buy the gift card. The grocery store rewards are tricky because most of the items in the store have large markups vs. Walmart grocery. So you will have to shop carefully for loss leaders on items to exceed the 2% from the debit card load. There is also an Amazon prime subscription fee discount if "someone in your household" is on public benefits and you have documentation to prove it.

Comment

In our case… We didn’t burn Chase. They burned themselves because they didn’t file a claim for about $22,000, and we were in a 100% payback plan. So if they don’t want to give us an Amazon card, I’m more than fine with that.
            Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
            Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X