X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I doubt it worked for anyone here and I"m sure many of us tried
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamingo View Post
      There are numerous people involved and who started the mess we are in, including those in politics. I feel sorry for Obama and Biden because they have to clean it up and suffer any consequences therefrom even though they themselves did not start it. That is my point. There are a lot of fingers in the economic disaster pie.

rest assured that Obama isn't feeling sorry about the mess he helped create, nor is he ever going to feel sorry for you and your own messes. I hope one day (I have a lot of hope) americans will see that the repdem system plays on peoples emotions just to get you to fall for their lies with a vote while deliberately creating all the problems we face so that you can keep feeling sorry for them and voting them back into office. Obama spent 6 years in the IL senate being a very lazy man and he did nothing for the people of Illinois, so don't expect him to be doing it now.

While at the same time I will always gladly speak out as Bush being the worse drunken stooper of a president of all time, I can't blame what happens during obamas term on what Bush did. This is the lie that keeps the repdem in business.

Comment

There are numerous people involved and who started the mess we are in, including those in politics. I feel sorry for Obama and Biden because they have to clean it up and suffer any consequences therefrom even though they themselves did not start it. That is my point. There are a lot of fingers in the economic disaster pie.
        My point is they were involved in making the mess.

Joe Biden served 30 years in the Senate.

Barack Obama served 2 years in the Senate, in which he missed 1/3rd of all votes.

Neither is willing to do what is necessary and it isn't more spending. They are both politicians, the problem is the wind is changing faster than they are adapting and they don't know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
          My point is they were involved in making the mess.

Here were are still trying to explain that to the same people, over & over. You may not realize this, but you are one of the main people who helped me see a lot of things that I could never understand about congress and the president as to how dirty rotten they are for taking this country into the pit. I am now able to put repdems into a much better perspective with honesty of heart. For that, I forever thank you.

Comment

Thanks Bandit

I believe everyone here can attest that none of us avoided bankruptcy by taking on more debt, it just simply isn't possible and is contrary to common sense.

Comment

200+ years US history can never be changed.

Forever Republican + Democrats Party Dictatorship!!!!....

Comment

I've said it many times over, the only way out is to hit bottom and work our way back up. This younger generation (I'm 44) has to learn hardcore values that only having nothing (depression) can bring. Stop bailing out and ride it out.
                "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
                Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
                341 Hearing March 4th 2010
                Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

It's easy to tell when a politician is lying... his lips will be moving.

I agree with the majority of sentiment here. I also believe that we probably should not elect any congressman (senator or congressman) to the high office. They bring with them... well... all their former ties and affiliations and "debts" to their old chambers in Congress. Not that any prior Governor is any better, but at least they are true outsiders. I concede that we didn't have a choice in the last election to actually elect someone who was an actual Washington outsider. (And if anyone reads into this that the former Alaskan Governor was qualified or I'm pushing for that person to have the job of POTUS... is absolutely making things up. I'm talking your Reagans, Clintons, etc.)

And now, a real inconvenient truth...

I actually feel sorry for the 104th through current Congress. When coming out of the 1980s and trying to build a period of prosperity... the Congress has consistently, whichever party was "in power", done things to prop up an economy and relax many regulations in order to make people feel better. Think about it. You would re-elect your congressman if it was 2005 and all was well (and they didn't touch any little boys or something else silly). However, people are still "not" thinking when they re-elect their congressman. They just go into the booth, see the name, and say "oh, yeah... Biden... that's who I voted for last time".

To Borrow and Spend Money to get out of a Bankruptcy caused by Borrowing and Spending... the silliest thing I've ever heard Well, at least we know Biden will never be president, except by secession.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by Overmylimit View Post
                    I've said it many times over, the only way out is to hit bottom and work our way back up. This younger generation (I'm 44) has to learn hardcore values that only having nothing (depression) can bring. Stop bailing out and ride it out.
                    I believe you're right.

I think the Feds should have done nothing. No Stimulus, No TARPS, etc, in fact they should have cut spending to what they could afford, which is really the only real path out, not only what they can afford but to pay off the national debt in a reasonable time frame (Say 10 years).

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                      It's easy to tell when a politician is lying... his lips will be moving.

I agree with the majority of sentiment here. I also believe that we probably should not elect any congressman (senator or congressman) to the high office. They bring with them... well... all their former ties and affiliations and "debts" to their old chambers in Congress. Not that any prior Governor is any better, but at least they are true outsiders. I concede that we didn't have a choice in the last election to actually elect someone who was an actual Washington outsider. (And if anyone reads into this that the former Alaskan Governor was qualified or I'm pushing for that person to have the job of POTUS... is absolutely making things up. I'm talking your Reagans, Clintons, etc.)

And now, a real inconvenient truth...

I actually feel sorry for the 104th through current Congress. When coming out of the 1980s and trying to build a period of prosperity... the Congress has consistently, whichever party was "in power", done things to prop up an economy and relax many regulations in order to make people feel better. Think about it. You would re-elect your congressman if it was 2005 and all was well (and they didn't touch any little boys or something else silly). However, people are still "not" thinking when they re-elect their congressman. They just go into the booth, see the name, and say "oh, yeah... Biden... that's who I voted for last time".

To Borrow and Spend Money to get out of a Bankruptcy caused by Borrowing and Spending... the silliest thing I've ever heard Well, at least we know Biden will never be president, except by secession.
                      Yep lots of band aids and feel goods to reap a short term benefit.

It is not often I vote for an incumbant especially on a federal level. There are some incumbants local and state I've voted for but after a few terms I'm usually tired of the person.

The good thing about Reagan and Clinton is that much of their terms were spent with Congress in the other parties hands, so they had to compromise more to get things passed which generally led to much better bills. Unfortunately much of Clinton's reforms on welfare have been erased in the last 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by BKOnce View Post
                        200+ years US history can never be changed.

Forever Republican + Democrats Party Dictatorship!!!!....
                        And we have a winner! while others really believe they get to choose in this dictatorship.

Comment

It is very easy to sling mud at Bush/Cheney, there are so many things to blame them for. But when my lawyer told me to google Joe Biden and how he was one of the great promoters of the 2005 Bankruptcy Reform Act, I was shocked. My lawyer is as liberal as they come, but one of Biden's biggest financial backers was MBNA (BofA).

It is safe to say that they all support whoever lines their pockets.
                          Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
                          341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
                          Discharged: 11/30/2009
                          Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

as far as I know, Obama chose Biden because of his forign policy experience and that he is a status quo hill democrat of a more conservative nature. He's run for president and has lost. I do not expect these reps and congressmen to always vote the right way. The way these bills are constantly changed untill they gain the vote. The present health care bill has approx 195 Republican changes in it, and yet no republicans voted for it. It is a total mystery to me and yet-- so what is the problem? A person who must work in a situation where the laws that effect regular people like us are bartered by partisan tit-for-tat and also lobbiests? Well, I like Joe Biden actually. He is a goof. He has a lot of political experience and would make a fine president if Mr. Obama is incapacitated-- this is his job as VP.

Comment

The mess that we are in wasn't started by government overspending, it was started by the greedy idiots in the financial institutions taking advantage of the publics desire to own a home.
                              and those two groups work hand in hand and are best pals. yes, the greedy idiots in government are just as at fault for overspending as the greedy financial institutions are by taking advantage of others.

It
                              's just like the self-destructing republican party itself, all noise and no substance
                              It has a substance alright. A deadly substance that needs to be put down.

Comment

Flam, you seem like a good honest person. Please don't "feel bad for these people". Not only did they ALL somehow cause the problems but those you feel bad for knew what they were getting into.

Only a politician can make a statement "America will go bk if we don't borrow and spend". What an insult to us all.
                                The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X