This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NWJoe
    FINALLY, a post I can agree with. It will take a miracle to fix this economy, and its scary as hell. I'm unemployed and going through bankruptcy, so I'm hoping and praying everything eventually works out and that the best of the best will be tasked with figuring it all out. I know it won't happen overnight, and I know it will be painful. But I absolutely don't believe you can sit back, cut almost every program to the bone, refuse to give out help to companies that are the backbone of our economy, and expect that things will just work themselves out. That makes no sense to me! I really think it's going to take a little bit of everything (targeted program cuts, more stimulus if needed, health care reforms, etc, etc), but we can't just go all out in one direction, and I really think it's beyond arm-chair quarterbacking. This mess really requires the experts and we will have to make sure that politics takes a back seat to pragmatism.

And while I don't think Biden is a puppet, I too think he would be a better president. I have always thought that his foreign policy experience is exactly what is needed with all the stuff going on right now. Let's just hope things don't get too much worse before it gets better.

I
    It's good to see something here that makes you happy other than slamming everyone. There just may be hope. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
      Yes but did you know, 'Bammy is getting flags made with 57 stars to go over our Capital?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

You know I've given it a lot of thought.

You realize that if the Republicans really wanted to stop the Democrats all they'd have to do is make Texas into the 5 states allowed which was approved by Congress when they joined the union. No other state could do it. However doing so would provide 54 states, which means 8 new senators almost all guaranteed to be Republican. (It also means those closure votes that are 60 now would take 65).

In truth large states do not serve the people well. In fact there are several other states that have in the past proposed dividing, however its never been approved by their Legislatures and thus never made it to a vote in Congress (Eastern Washington from Western Washington for example, North Georgia from South Georgia, North California from South California). Only Texas can do it without Congressional approval though.

It might be better to subdivide all the states such that no state has more than 10 electoral votes.....it would certainly improve representation bringing those elected closer to those electing them. (This would be hard to get all the legislatures and Congress to approve admittedly)
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

It's good to see something here that makes you happy other than slamming everyone. There just may be hope. 'Hub

LOL Hub...
        "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
        Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
        341 Hearing March 4th 2010
        Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

JR, Texas has never been a state but is a Republic. I believe (don't hold me to this) that they agreed to join the "Union" on their own not so long ago. Texas actually sent folks to fight in the War of the Northern aggression imposed upon the individual states who attempted to succeed from the "union". It was not over slavery as several Northern States had slaves as well. It was about economics, states rights, and trade. That was all it was at that time.

I predict after we get the screw over health care (I pay, I have no problem, and I'm happy with what I have. It is a choice.) Then we get taxed as meat, mobile polluting organisms, as we exhale a "green house gas" called Carbon Dioxide, (something that all green plants must have to make pine trees for our toilet paper) then, (hey where was I? I got lost.) Oh yes, then, 'Bammy will end up petitioning Congress to give reparations to all Black people since they ALL came here as slaves.

Well, I didn't buy any. I predict this as it will insure 'Bammy's Black vote. When I get my census document, I shall state I am a Native American. Native as I was born here, and American as I love what's left of our Republic. I am not German-American, never been there, nor am I an English-American, as I have never been to the U.K. I am not a Scotch-American, since I've never been to Scotland. Most of my "Indian" friends, yes I have a couple, were also born here. In Florida, they are known as Seminole Indians although they have never been to India. The words "New speak" invented by G. Orwell.

This has been a most interesting and entertaining thread. I am sure pleased it got by skimming the fact that it was also bk and credit news. A VERY fine line.

We should put up a forum. Those who would love to insult others. I believe it would be a 'hoot'. JUST MY OPINION! LOL 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

We should put up a forum. Those who would love to insult others. I believe it would be a 'hoot'. JUST MY OPINION! LOL 'Hub
            Maybe we should call it... the no spin room.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

JR, Texas has never been a state but is a Republic. I believe (don't hold me to this) that they agreed to join the "Union" on their own not so long ago. Texas actually sent folks to fight in the War of the Northern aggression imposed upon the individual states who attempted to succeed from the "union". It was not over slavery as several Northern States had slaves as well. It was about economics, states rights, and trade. That was all it was at that time.

I predict after we get the screw over health care (I pay, I have no problem, and I'm happy with what I have. It is a choice.) Then we get taxed as meat, mobile polluting organisms, as we exhale a "green house gas" called Carbon Dioxide, (something that all green plants must have to make pine trees for our toilet paper) then, (hey where was I? I got lost.) Oh yes, then, 'Bammy will end up petitioning Congress to give reparations to all Black people since they ALL came here as slaves.

Well, I didn't buy any. I predict this as it will insure 'Bammy's Black vote. When I get my census document, I shall state I am a Native American. Native as I was born here, and American as I love what's left of our Republic. I am not German-American, never been there, nor am I an English-American, as I have never been to the U.K. I am not a Scotch-American, since I've never been to Scotland. Most of my "Indian" friends, yes I have a couple, were also born here. In Florida, they are known as Seminole Indians although they have never been to India. The words "New speak" invented by G. Orwell.

This has been a most interesting and entertaining thread. I am sure pleased it got by skimming the fact that it was also bk and credit news. A VERY fine line.

Texas is a State, they were the Republic of Texas before they joined. It's established in the Preamble of the Texas State Constitution:

"Humbly invoking the blessings of Almighty God, the people of the State of Texas, do ordain and establish this Constitution."

Just like the Republic of Rio Grande joined Mexico. (That's the 3 Mexican States south of Texas).

Slavery would have been outlawed within the south in about a decade regardless of the outcome of the Civil War. It was becoming to costly to maintain and eventually economics would have dictated it being outlawed.

The idea of secession had been around actually since Andrew Jackson's presidency. You are correct in that slavery wasn't the main problem though. It rooted in the tariff system imposed at the time by the Federal Government It made manufactured goods from Europe more expensive than those from the Northern industrialized states. Thus many Southern Plantation owners felt they were wronged in having to pay higher prices than necessary. Jackson promised to march an army into South Carolina to enforce the tariff law if South Carolina didn't concede. Jackson's Vice President during the crisis, John C. Calhoun, although he would die prior to the Civil War could have been considered one of the foremost advocates not only for slavery but for secession. He left the VP in 1832 to become a Senator for the State of South Carolina. He was a major architect of the Fugitive Slave Law. He was also a strong advocate for States Rights over Federal Rights.

I used to have a friend in Utah who filled out his race the same way on census papers. He refused to identify himself as Caucasian either since he was not from the Caucasus Mountains of Russia.
              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
                Texas is a State, they were the Republic of Texas before they joined. It's established in the Preamble of the Texas State Constitution:

"Humbly invoking the blessings of Almighty God, the people of the State of Texas, do ordain and establish this Constitution." I stand corrected.

Just like the Republic of Rio Grande joined Mexico. (That's the 3 Mexican States south of Texas).

Slavery would have been outlawed within the south in about a decade regardless of the outcome of the Civil War. It was becoming to costly to maintain and eventually economics would have dictated it being outlawed. There were many in the South that were against slavery. Many purchased slaves to set them free.

The idea of secession had been around actually since Andrew Jackson's presidency. You are correct in that slavery wasn't the main problem though. It rooted in the tariff system imposed at the time by the Federal Government It made manufactured goods from Europe more expensive than those from the Northern industrialized states. Thus many Southern Plantation owners felt they were wronged in having to pay higher prices than necessary. Jackson promised to march an army into South Carolina to enforce the tariff law if South Carolina didn't concede. Jackson's Vice President during the crisis, John C. Calhoun, although he would die prior to the Civil War could have been considered one of the foremost advocates not only for slavery but for secession. He left the VP in 1832 to become a Senator for the State of South Carolina. He was a major architect of the Fugitive Slave Law. He was also a strong advocate for States Rights over Federal Rights.
                I have read this. As I said, it was about economics. The same thing going on now, "it's all about the money".

I used to have a friend in Utah who filled out his race the same way on census papers. He refused to identify himself as Caucasian either since he was not from the Caucasus Mountains of Russia. I'll go that. However, what to fill if it says white? Forms used to say Negro, Colored, then Black, now African-American. I wish they could get it straight.
                I'm still going to put down Native-American as that is what I am. The 'so called' American Indians actually were imports also. The theory is that they came over the Bering Straights from Mongolia. Others came as well, some by boat is a theory. The American-Indian's high cheekbones reminiscent of Asian extraction. The Mexican people were/are a blend of Mayan and European. (Spanish yes, but other countries as well).

I sure hope NWJ can chime in here to correct any of my spelling errors, grammar and facts. It's great to have a Heavenly Prophet on our Forum. 'Hub

BTW my second choice on a home state is Texas. If I could not live here in Florida, it would be Texas for me.

Comment

I'm still going to put down Native-American as that is what I am. The 'so called' American Indians actually were imports also. The theory is that they came over the Bering Straights from Mongolia. Others came as well, some by boat is a theory. The American-Indian's high cheekbones reminiscent of Asian extraction. The Mexican people were/are a blend of Mayan and European. (Spanish yes, but other countries as well).
                  I thought you came over on a space ship, i.e. E.T.-American

Comment

Originally posted by NWJoe
                    OK, that is kinda funny. He meant to say 47, and he said 57. But it did look pretty dumb, I'll give ya that. LOL However, just think what kind of mental condition you would be in after having just travelled to 47 states. Maybe a little tired don't ya think.

Maybe tired but when McCain wanted to take time off the campaign debates (which would have been fine by me since it was a bore feast), to tend to the financial crisis Obama kept saying "he can do more then one thing at a time, a president should be able to handle it all".

By Obama's own standard he should always be alert and awake.
                    The essence of freedom is the proper limitation of Government

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit View Post
                      I thought you came over on a space ship, i.e. E.T.-American
                      OK, admit it. The Mrs. PMed you my picture, right? 'Hub

Comment

Have had enough

Mr. NWJoe: I believe everybody here has just about had enough of your hostility. DW being a Moderator was and is, not inclined to ban you as the many complaints have come in regarding your rhetoric.

She has even petitioned several other Moderators to leave this thread open as you seemed to cool down a bit. Since then, several Mods have looked at all your posts and gave an agreement that you are probably what is called a "Troll" in the forum language. That term defined loosely means a poster who comes not to help but to sew discord and stir pots of anger.

It is my sincere suggestion, that if you do not wish to help, and continue your rudeness to others, that you leave the Forum.

At this time DW is not performing her responsibility due to the fact that I posted to you in response to some of your caustic comments. I have pleaded with her not to lock this thread and let another do this, but at this time and for several hours no other Moderator is present.

This thread may be locked but can be unlocked by a SuperModerator. Your banning is going to be left to another Moderator for the reasons I mentioned. 'Hub

Things you agree not to do:personal attack, or get a negative reaction; this behavior is not allowed on our forum. The use of derogatory language aimed at anyone will be severely dealt with. There is no need to agree with each other, or to even like each other. However, by signing onto BF you agree to treat each member and guest with the respect they deserve. No threats or personal attacks will be allowed.

Comment

This thread has gotten way off topic and has run its course and no longer relates to the News Forum. Therefore, for those reasons and others as previously mentioned, it is being closed.

"A credit card is a snake in your pocket"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X