Leadership Missing, incompetence at hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjim120 View Post
    All the higher minimum wage does is push all wages and costs up, causing inflation. The purchasing power of money, not the wage itself, is the issue. As far as the progressively higher estate tax, doing so simply causes money to be moved to other countries.
    To me, far more important is 1) eliminating the games that are played putting taxpayer money into corporate pockets; 2) enforcing sensible regulations that keep the playing field level for all businesses and individuals; 3) prosecuting fraud at the highest levels and 4) modifying the court system so that the wealthy are not able to steal simply because they can control the legal process.
    I believe in the future you are going to hear more economists say we actually need some inflation -- if you don't have some who actually say the only way out of our huge debt is hyper-inflation. I am not sure how a progressively higher estate tax causes "money" to leave the country. Most estates that are actually subject to inheritance tax are from their appreciated "assets" - a little hard to move the Empire state building.
    Not sure what your 4 points represent as they seem abstract concepts. Need specifics. What games? What sensible regulations? What fraud? How would you specifically modify the court system?

Comment

Its because of the low turnout and the apathy in general is one of the main reasons why where in this demise. We are a impatient bunch, low information and expect positive results instantly. We are in stark contrast to the Germans who thumb their nose at CC solicitation. If you don't participate don't *****!

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      We have nothing to vote for. banca rotta is 100% correct. Our votes mean nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by jacko View Post
        Its because of the low turnout and the apathy in general is one of the main reasons why where in this demise. We are a impatient bunch, low information and expect positive results instantly. We are in stark contrast to the Germans who thumb their nose at CC solicitation. If you don't participate don't *****!
        Right both you and Frogger are right - if we just had even 70% turnout, the elite would be shaking in their boots.

I found this today - highly recommended reading - especially page 16!!!!!

http://www.unc.edu/~fredsolt/papers/Solt2006b.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
          I am not sure how a progressively higher estate tax causes "money" to leave the country.
          Me either. Moving an asset out of the country does not avoid estate tax. Federal estate tax is based on the value of all of a decedent's assets, whether located in the US or elsewhere.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

The talking right wing heads should be given a cigar for a job will done. They have managed to turn the middle class against each other.

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
            Right both you and Frogger are right - if we just had even 70% turnout, the elite would be shaking in their boots.

I found this today - highly recommended reading - especially page 16!!!!!

http://www.unc.edu/~fredsolt/papers/Solt2006b.pdf

Comment

This tone is exactly a reflection of the partisan ideology bickering in DC. Who are these Chicago 'thugs' you speak?

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Ah but don't you understand, 'Banka', we, meaning U.S. paid to move Gary Indiana and Pittsburgh to move their steel plants to China. Starting with Nixon sucking up to them, and the Coupe de Grace with Clinton selling our missile secrets (for economy enhancement), and may I mention NAFTA so that we can get a good German car, whose engine is made in Czechoslovakia, transmission made in Japan, and the car assembled in Mexico. That car is known as the Volkswagen. Ahhh the American way, doncha love it? We purchase everything from China due to the fact that you cannot get a simple nut and bolt not made there. When Sam Walton was alive, he vowed American only unless unavailable otherwise. Well, otherwise is here now. If we gave a tax break to come back instead of go forth, we would prosper. If you wish to purchase a reasonable, well built non union "Monday morning" car from an outstanding company, purchase Toyota. Made in Ohio.

Frankly 'banka' I seriously doubt with this group of Chicago thugs in our Capital, that we could vote them out more less vote at all. I think we are done. I believe we have our first "President for life" or you might call him Chancellor. I am totally serious about my gut feelings. A poster today asked if I knew a bit of history. I can only say, I'm old enough to have been educated rather than warehoused in our Public Schools.

Hear this; my brother a decorated disabled Viet Nam vet, has a son who is of the 'New World Order'. When he went into the National Guard, for the money for his pill habit, my brother asked him if he would shoot an American citizen on our streets in protest. His answer was, I sure would if ordered to. This is what we have come to.

All of us here are here due to some strife and errors. BK has made most of us stronger and wiser. I am becoming very prepared for an anarchist situation if this society were to break down. I am already seeing the signs of our times in the empty houses and buildings, that our controlled news does not report. I see an average of one new vacancy a day in our County. People are simmering a slow burn, and it won't be long before hell breaks loose. Our Presidential liar is starting to lose his charm now and his eloquent words are not being believed. The shivers up peoples legs no longer arouse some, and fainting in his speeches is down to a low level. Nausea is on an increase.

This is only a small thought before I leave you this evening. Speak softly but carry a loaded gun. 'Hub

Comment

Now I understand. Stupid can't be helped.

"Even if Texans liked Obama, they'd vote for Perry just because he's a republican and "one of them."
                Nixon's "southern strategy" hasn't ever gone away (and it won't, as long as it keeps working). Middle and lower-middle and poor white Texans will vote for republicans--as will the same folks in Oklahoma, Florida, and Georgia--as long as they believe a vote for a democrat is a vote for a black, gay, jewish, muslim guy who reads books.
                They don't care that it's against their economic interests to do so. They don't care if they don't even believe in what that republican thinks. As long as it isn't a black, gay, jewish, muslim guy who reads books, they're happy."

Comment

Now I understand. Stupid can't be helped.

"Even if Texans liked Obama, they'd vote for Perry just because he's a republican and "one of them."
                  Nixon's "southern strategy" hasn't ever gone away (and it won't, as long as it keeps working). Middle and lower-middle and poor white Texans will vote for republicans--as will the same folks in Oklahoma, Florida, and Georgia--as long as they believe a vote for a democrat is a vote for a black, gay, jewish, muslim guy who reads books.
                  They don't care that it's against their economic interests to do so. They don't care if they don't even believe in what that republican thinks. As long as it isn't a black, gay, jewish, muslim guy who reads books, they're happy."
                  I don't know where you got this quote from, but it's *extremely* one-sided and biased.

It would pretty much imply that all educated, non-Southern folk vote Democrat which is simply not the case, never was and God willing will never be.

To quote Bill Maher from some years ago when he still had a set of b@lls:

"Let's not kid ourselves: Democrats are no more than a group representing slightly less scary special interests."

Good luck to us all.

No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Is it? Do you live in the South? I agree that there are differences between a Yankee Dem/Repub to Southern Dem/Repub. Its cultural. But is time to move this country forward if we have any chance to overcome current difficulties.

Originally posted by shark66 View Post
                    I don't know where you got this quote from, but it's *extremely* one-sided and biased.

It would pretty much imply that all educated, non-Southern folk vote Democrat which is simply not the case, never was and God willing will never be.

"Let's not kid ourselves: Democrats are no more than a group representing slightly less scary special interests."

Good luck to us all.

Comment

Good luck to us all.

Well if we are going to quote Bill Maher:
                      "There is a big difference between a disappointing friend and a deadly enemy. Of course the Democrats are disappointing. That's what makes them Democrats. If they were any more frustrating they'd be your relatives. But in this country they are all that stands between you and darkest night. You know why their symbol is the letter 'D'? Because it's a grade that means good enough, but just barely. You know why the Republican symbol is 'R'? Because it's the noise a pirate makes when he robs you and feeds you to a shark.''
                      He also recently said (to paraphrase) That basically anyone who makes under $250k and votes Republican is an idiot voting against their own economic interests.
                      However, your conclusion is not far off as to the correlation to education and non-Southern states being blue states.

Comment

Is it? Do you live in the South? I agree that there are differences between a Yankee Dem/Repub to Southern Dem/Repub. Its cultural. But is time to move this country forward if we have any chance to overcome current difficulties.
                        I don't live in the South, but on the East Coast.

That being said, I've worked on many projects in the South and have not received one demeaning remark regarding my (quite unusual and next to impossible to identify) foreign accent that I've gotten plenty of in NY, NJ, CT and PA.

Maybe because I still have my Old World manners which only seem to be appreciated down there.

Good luck to us all.
                        No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
                          He also recently said (to paraphrase) That basically anyone who makes under $250k and votes Republican is an idiot voting against their own economic interests.
                          However, your conclusion is not far off as to the correlation to education and non-Southern states being blue states.

I'm not necessarily certain that one's economic interest is always the primary reason for voting one way or another...but that's me. I can't vote so my opinion really has no weight to speak thereof. Just an outsider looking in.

If I could vote, though...Rick Perry or Mitt Romney would *never* get my vote. They represent just about everything and anything that is wrong with Republican Party and this society today...

Ron Paul *would* get my vote. As would Dennis Kucinich.

The rest of the wolfpack better run, outrun my gun, to paraphrase a recent hit...

Good luck to us all.

Comment

I'm not necessarily certain that one's economic interest is always the primary reason for voting one way or another...but that's me. I can't vote so my opinion really has no weight to speak thereof. Just an outsider looking in.

If I could vote, though...Rick Perry or Mitt Romney would *never* get my vote. They represent just about everything and anything that is wrong with Republican Party and this society today...

Ron Paul *would* get my vote. As would Dennis Kucinich.

The rest of the wolfpack better run, outrun my gun, to paraphrase a recent hit...

Good luck to us all.
                            I agree economic interest is not always the primary motivator to vote. The Republicans are masters at forming a coalition of people who may have opposite interests to win elections -- the greedy, anti-abortion, anti-gay, anti-black, anti-hispanic, anti EPA, anti-welfare, religious right, southern rednecks, bible belt etc. Unfortunately, most of those people have no clue what their vote is doing to their personal economic interests.
                            As to Ron Paul - he has a lot of "interesting" things to say and some are even worth while. If he would run with Jon Huntsman as VP it might be worth the experiment. The one thing he would be able to do without Congress is end all of the wars and start closing our foreign bases. This could save us a lot of money. Then maybe it would be easier to invest in bringing our country into the 21st century.

Comment

as long as they believe a vote for a democrat is a vote for a black, gay, jewish, muslim guy who reads books.
                              ."
                              It is
                              Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X